C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are fouled plugs my issue and why so soon. PIC inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 10:47 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 319 Posts

Default Are fouled plugs my issue and why so soon. PIC inside

Title is a little funny but heres the thing. Car has been running like chit lately and I been thinking meth kit was acting up. Worked with the team here and Julio only to determine it seems to be fine so I decided to pull #1 plug (front driver EASY LOL) and heres what I have. Been waiting months for my headers from Maryland Speed (another story) and was going to swap plugs and wires because but damn looking at #1 tells me something else is going on. Either I have a dead cylinder or something else. No CEL or anything ??? I get the random "service engine soon" that will come and go but I linked it to my tune and the lack of a 3 bar setup. I was one of the first in Norcal with a SC kit and tuning was limited. Now I am wondering WTF.
Attached Images  
Old 07-12-2017, 12:27 AM
T/A KID
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by teddyca
Title is a little funny but heres the thing. Car has been running like chit lately and I been thinking meth kit was acting up. Worked with the team here and Julio only to determine it seems to be fine so I decided to pull #1 plug (front driver EASY LOL) and heres what I have. Been waiting months for my headers from Maryland Speed (another story) and was going to swap plugs and wires because but damn looking at #1 tells me something else is going on. Either I have a dead cylinder or something else. No CEL or anything ??? I get the random "service engine soon" that will come and go but I linked it to my tune and the lack of a 3 bar setup. I was one of the first in Norcal with a SC kit and tuning was limited. Now I am wondering WTF.
that is NOT right!!! I could look at your tune if you have HP tuners
Old 07-12-2017, 09:08 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

I might have to take buy HP Tuners. Unless something changed my tune was spot on. I had a very reputable shop do the work and for the first few months the car ran like a dream. I ordered headers and a smaller pulley because I was bored of the power. I really didn't need it. Chit what to do. I really don't want to take it back to my tuner until I have the headers but Maryland Speed has been dicking me around since May 12th and I am not the only one.
Old 07-12-2017, 01:00 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

I might have to take buy HP Tuners. Unless something changed my tune was spot on. I had a very reputable shop do the work and for the first few months the car ran like a dream. I ordered headers and a smaller pulley because I was bored of the power. I really didn't need it. Chit what to do. I really don't want to take it back to my tuner until I have the headers but Maryland Speed has been dicking me around since May 12th and I am not the only one.
That spark plug tells me the tune can't be too good....
Old 07-12-2017, 03:37 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Buddy that plug looks worse than what mine was in the car. Plus my car was running worse that shi* ok. The guy chged out the plugs now my car he says is running great.

Plus look at what T/A KID is telling you here he is a great guy to help & tuner.. By the way he is doing the tune on my car now from where the guy at the shop I have it at was in need of help on it.Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 07-12-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:39 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Buddy that thing is running way to RICH from the looks of it. That is what I hate about a lot of these dam so call tuners. There answer to this is rich it up as much as possible to keep it from going up in smoke.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:45 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

I have no idea how all of a sudden my car is running way to rich. Like I said car was tuned by one of the best on the West Coast IMO and it ran like a dream. All of a sudden it had issues. I am going to swap plugs and see what happens. Ultimately I need to figure out why it fattened up on me.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:26 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

I have no idea how all of a sudden my car is running way to rich. Like I said car was tuned by one of the best on the West Coast IMO and it ran like a dream. All of a sudden it had issues. I am going to swap plugs and see what happens. Ultimately I need to figure out why it fattened up on me.
Did anything change!?
Old 07-12-2017, 05:24 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Buddy that plug is running way rich from the looks on it. Tell us this how much meth are you going thur like in the same time frame & that. In that little black box is a switch if that thing goes bad in any way it will and can turn on are let the pump keep spraying the meth into the intake. SO are you going thur it faster than before this bad running in the motor.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:54 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Plugs are indicative of something being way off. I'm also on board with T/A that likely its in the tune. Could be something thats only slightly off and just got worse over time..
Old 07-12-2017, 11:57 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Thanks guys. I need to replace the plugs and see what's up. Meth was set at 6 on the box and nothing has been changed inside the box for meth. This sucks. Thanks for the feedback though. Headed to Chicago for 2 weeks Sat so this will have to wait. Hopefully Maryland Speed will get their heads out their ads and have my headers shipped in that time frame. I only ordered and paid for them on may 12th
Old 07-13-2017, 12:28 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Thanks guys. I need to replace the plugs and see what's up. Meth was set at 6 on the box and nothing has been changed inside the box for meth. This sucks. Thanks for the feedback though. Headed to Chicago for 2 weeks Sat so this will have to wait. Hopefully Maryland Speed will get their heads out their ads and have my headers shipped in that time frame. I only ordered and paid for them on may 12th
Holy FU*K!! MAY 12TH?!? I would be irate!!
Old 07-13-2017, 08:07 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by FYREANT
Believe me my friend I am this sad thing is I am not the only 1. They have been hyping up their sales for the last few months and I do not believe any of their orders have gone out I keep getting excuse after excuse. I have not bash them because they still have all my money and are not willing to refine so at this point I'm at their mercy I just hate going and replacing all the spark plugs when I will be doing headers in the next 6 months or so when they arrive lol
Old 07-13-2017, 09:35 AM
bigsapper
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 294 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
This is SOP for them. Easy enough to find plenty of anecdotes out there (I've been burned twice--no more), but they're protected from widespread condemnation because they're sponsors on just about every forum out there.

The biggest part of the problem is that they take your money up front. Once you hit 30 days, the CC companies typically won't accept a charge back.

A reputable business model would be not to charge the customer until the product ships.

Last edited by bigsapper; 07-13-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:55 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

No the bigger problem is I used my ATM Visa card. I thought it was just me and then others on the forum started complaining and I quickly realized they took all our money to place the orders and now they sit back and don't care. As I told them, I cant imagine ANY shop being o.k. with this. I had an appt. to have my car retuned after I figured out the issue and installed the headers. I had to cancel that appt. and wont reschedule until I have them. As for the car I am REALLY hoping I swap plugs and it is back to normal. Then I take it to the tuner, show him my plugs, and he fixes in new tune for me. That's the dream at least.

Originally Posted by bigsapper
This is SOP for them. Easy enough to find plenty of anecdotes out there (I've been burned twice--no more), but they're protected from widespread condemnation because they're sponsors on just about every forum out there.

The biggest part of the problem is that they take your money up front. Once you hit 30 days, the CC companies typically won't accept a charge back.

A reputable business model would be not to charge the customer until the product ships.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:07 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Default ttt

Buddy if you want to it may cost you 50.00 from your Bank on using the ATM card. But you still can get it back all but the 50.00 if you go into your bank tell them you have not gotten the service yet from the place that took the money. Even if it is over 30 days are more...

Good luck which ever way you go but you can look at my post on my car and the plugs in these c7. Let me tell you my plugs don't look no were as bad as your & my car was running like crap. I don't know how your car was staying running on it's on from the looks of that plug if all 8 looked like that...
Old 07-13-2017, 10:52 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,227 Likes on 774 Posts

who did the tune? and that's what happens when you buy kooks from them. I match their prices and stock them btw.
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Get notified of new replies

To Are fouled plugs my issue and why so soon. PIC inside

Old 07-14-2017, 01:36 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Joe- This was a lesson learned on my part with Maryland. Oh well whats another month. LOL I paid $1650 for headers and catted xpipe. All hardware included. They were coating the headers for free and because of the wait Branden said he would do the xpipe as well. The tuner told me its silly to coat stainless headers but I paid for it so I'll keep it. They also seen my threads and have since decided to not touch my car because I'm doing to much??? I will leave them nameless but pretty upset. $900 tune down the drain. Looking for a new tuner.
Old 07-14-2017, 01:49 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

Joe- This was a lesson learned on my part with Maryland. Oh well whats another month. LOL I paid $1650 for headers and catted xpipe. All hardware included. They were coating the headers for free and because of the wait Branden said he would do the xpipe as well. The tuner told me its silly to coat stainless headers but I paid for it so I'll keep it. They also seen my threads and have since decided to not touch my car because I'm doing to much??? I will leave them nameless but pretty upset. $900 tune down the drain. Looking for a new tuner.
$900 for a tune you got railroaded anyways, especially with those plugs looking the way they do..
plenty of vendors on here who can help or certain people can remote tune it for you
Old 07-14-2017, 11:35 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 733 Likes on 473 Posts

Data log your fuel trims. You Need to know what is happening with your fuel trims, fuel injectors, 02 sensors etc. If something is off, new plugs will only foul again.

Last edited by Mike's LS3; 07-14-2017 at 11:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Are fouled plugs my issue and why so soon. PIC inside