C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meth injection issues Alkycontrol

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 10:52 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by WarHammer619
Finally got the car sorted out. The **** poor wiring and improper ground caused a Meth controller failure. Changed it out and literally rewired the whole damn thing. Here is the bird nest of wires that was found. This was not the worst of it, but you get the idea.

Attachment 48114698
OMFG. That scares the **** out of me!! So you got it all straightened out then?
Old 07-17-2017, 10:58 PM
WarHammer619
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
OMFG. That scares the **** out of me!! So you got it all straightened out then?
Thank God Kushan from Excelsior is one of the most meticulous Corvette builders. He Lost his damn mind. He is contacting the shop who did it first to get the details on who hacked it up. Kushan re wired the whole damn thing and gave me his METH controller out of his racecar. He made up for the lack of care from the culprit shop. He threw it back on the Dyno and it did a 694Whp pull. So its back now.

Thank you all for the PM's and the concern. Y'all are A1.

Last edited by WarHammer619; 07-17-2017 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:14 AM
RichardT
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardT
My meth injection under full throttle the light first turns red then green. The moment it turns green it really takes off. When I then shift very fast to 2nd it starts as red and then turns green with big jump in power. Fast shift to 3rd and it is red a long time - a couple of times it took until 5000 rpm to turn green
You would think that once primed you could floor the throttle, shift at red line and be green the whole time - in each gear! Not only is it not linear, it acts like a 2 stroke coming on the pipe in all gears.

i am lifting the throttle at each shift but am shifting extremely fast.

Had one other issue with it. Was doing 50 mph in 5th and hit the test button. Red light turned to green. I let go of button. Gave it the gas and it bucked violently. Same results 3 times of trying to give it a little throttle - bucking. Finally cleared out the meth from the intake and it rode normal. I pushed test button no more than 2 seconds! I heard the test button is supposed to be hooked to 5 volt circuit, not 12. Not sure if this is accurate. If it is, 12 volts may pump way too much for test button.

PS, I have not turned spray up or down.

Rick

Sent from my iPhone

Called Julio today and talked at great length. System is functioning properly. He suggest I turn up the switch from 6 to 8. Well, I found I was on 5 so I turned it up to 7. Big difference! Meth kicks in sooner and effect is a much smoother ride at WOT. Biggest problem now is traction control kicking in! LOL! The higher number provides higher pressure and it doesn't bleed off to so low of a pressure to cause it to take so long to prime system

Last edited by RichardT; 07-18-2017 at 12:21 AM.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:26 PM
WarHammer619
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardT
Called Julio today and talked at great length. System is functioning properly. He suggest I turn up the switch from 6 to 8. Well, I found I was on 5 so I turned it up to 7. Big difference! Meth kicks in sooner and effect is a much smoother ride at WOT. Biggest problem now is traction control kicking in! LOL! The higher number provides higher pressure and it doesn't bleed off to so low of a pressure to cause it to take so long to prime system
Awesome to hear man. Julio is the best!!!!!
Old 04-03-2018, 04:26 PM
usmc1994
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meth Causing Bucking

Hello, New to the forms here but I have the following on my 2015 C7 Z51 Corvette,
Stock LT1
Custom Cam
D1X Procharger
Duel Nozzle Meth injection (alky control, nozzle are from Devils own)
Breather tank
Custom intake
American Racing Headers 1/78 w/xpipe
Cat Delete
Stock Axel Back
Ran 1/4 10.6 133 in 1/4 mile here in upstate NY
Tune and all work done by NewEra Performance here in Rochester, NY
Car currently has 750hp 702tq

I was getting bucking from my Meth injection due to the nozzles not being installed coming up from the bottom to the intake tube, if they are installed with the lines being able to drain meth into the intake tube it will build up and you will get too much meth and it will start bucking. Once we plumbed the lines to come up and into the tube the problem went away. Hopefully it helps.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:48 PM
RottenII
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by usmc1994
Hello, New to the forms here but I have the following on my 2015 C7 Z51 Corvette,
Stock LT1
Custom Cam
D1X Procharger
Duel Nozzle Meth injection (alky control, nozzle are from Devils own)
Breather tank
Custom intake
American Racing Headers 1/78 w/xpipe
Cat Delete
Stock Axel Back
Ran 1/4 10.6 133 in 1/4 mile here in upstate NY
Tune and all work done by NewEra Performance here in Rochester, NY
Car currently has 750hp 702tq

I was getting bucking from my Meth injection due to the nozzles not being installed coming up from the bottom to the intake tube, if they are installed with the lines being able to drain meth into the intake tube it will build up and you will get too much meth and it will start bucking. Once we plumbed the lines to come up and into the tube the problem went away. Hopefully it helps.
Something I will look into. I was having the bucking issue at times and kept thinking it was tune related but could never figure out what the issue was. Something to check for sure. Thanks for the post.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:47 PM
Jason Zajac
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RottenII
Something I will look into. I was having the bucking issue at times and kept thinking it was tune related but could never figure out what the issue was. Something to check for sure. Thanks for the post.
Sadly I don't remember where I placed your nozzle. I guess my age is starting to show. Sure hope I don't forget this "tuning" thing
Old 04-05-2018, 02:51 PM
RottenII
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason Zajac
Sadly I don't remember where I placed your nozzle. I guess my age is starting to show. Sure hope I don't forget this "tuning" thing
Side mount.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:53 AM
SharkbyteLT4
Le Mans Master

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

My red light for the "primed function" flickers intermittently. I understand it might do this as you shifting through the gears and the boost is fluctuating, but should it be doing this just driving steady down the road. Is this normal or is my ground bad,etc
Old 04-07-2018, 12:49 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by SharkbyteLT4
My red light for the "primed function" flickers intermittently. I understand it might do this as you shifting through the gears and the boost is fluctuating, but should it be doing this just driving steady down the road. Is this normal or is my ground bad,etc
The red light should only be on when you reach a certain amount of boost, typically 2 to 4 psi. It should not be on during normal driving when you are out of boost.

Quick Reply: Meth injection issues Alkycontrol