C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Single turbo 2014 z51 oil smell issues.. help?

Old 10-07-2017, 03:04 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 863 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by LSRX
You are wrong. They offer a DIY kit at least for the single turbo system that you can buy, comes to your house with instructions, and besides drilling the oil pan (I believe the drill bit is included), you pretty much bolt the kit on. That is the definition of a DIY kit.

If you believe it's not explain why instead of just saying it isn't without any basis.
Dude. Ok. Buy one then and let me know how well it “bolts on”.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:33 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

You are wrong. They offer a DIY kit at least for the single turbo system that you can buy, comes to your house with instructions, and besides drilling the oil pan (I believe the drill bit is included), you pretty much bolt the kit on. That is the definition of a DIY kit.

If you believe it's not explain why instead of just saying it isn't without any basis.
That is a statement without basis. You really do not offer more than any other tuner on here.

You do NOT have a kit for your turbo system. Another vendor does, not sure where your head is. THEY HAVE ACHIEVED MORE THAN YOU.

It takes a lot more to produce a DIY kit, than a tuner installed system as anybody in this field would know.

Do you have a DIY kit that you are comfortable selling to the general public?

NO? Then you are the one who is behind.

You don't even offer your own supercharger kit. You sell other peoples "kits"
I came in here to offer help, but after reading your responses to C7&7 and Joe@CPR, im shocked at your ignorance. First, both C7&7 and myself have extensive knowledge of the C7 aftermarket offerings because we have been asking and answering these questions for years now with the C7. We both have 8-900hp C7's and simply put, we know our chit.

Joe has been building the fastest C7's for years as well. They are the best shop west of Texas, and one of the best in the country with these cars. To disregard what we are telling you because YOU THINK you know different is plain ignorance.

I understand you want a "bolt on" turbo kit. Im sorry, they don't exist. Why? Because of oil feed and return amongst several other things. In order to drill the oil pan PROPERLY, the oil pan must come off. That means either the engine must be pulled from the top, or the engine cradle must be pulled from the bottom. Am I speaking from what I read on a forum post? NO. I have PERSONALLY pulled and rebuilt my motor in my home garage and can 100% verify you aren't getting the oil pan off as easy as you think.

A word of advice; cool your jets son. There are several of us here that know waaaay more about the C7 than you and your attitude will make you some enemies real quick..

Ant
Old 10-08-2017, 01:11 AM
LSRX
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by C7&7
Dude. Ok. Buy one then and let me know how well it “bolts on”.
I am considering it and trust me when I say you WILL be the first to know.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:35 AM
LSRX
Racer

Originally Posted by FYREANT
I came in here to offer help, but after reading your responses to C7&7 and Joe@CPR, im shocked at your ignorance. First, both C7&7 and myself have extensive knowledge of the C7 aftermarket offerings because we have been asking and answering these questions for years now with the C7. We both have 8-900hp C7's and simply put, we know our chit.

Joe has been building the fastest C7's for years as well. They are the best shop west of Texas, and one of the best in the country with these cars. To disregard what we are telling you because YOU THINK you know different is plain ignorance.

I understand you want a "bolt on" turbo kit. Im sorry, they don't exist. Why? Because of oil feed and return amongst several other things. In order to drill the oil pan PROPERLY, the oil pan must come off. That means either the engine must be pulled from the top, or the engine cradle must be pulled from the bottom. Am I speaking from what I read on a forum post? NO. I have PERSONALLY pulled and rebuilt my motor in my home garage and can 100% verify you aren't getting the oil pan off as easy as you think.

A word of advice; cool your jets son. There are several of us here that know waaaay more about the C7 than you and your attitude will make you some enemies real quick..

Ant
First off, help is the last thing you came here for. I would believe if you told me you came in here to run your mouth though.

Just like the other guy, you also missed the point, which is that Joe had no right to bad mouth a fellow vendor that makes something he has NOT been able to. That is a repeatable, salable single turbo DIY kit. If I am wrong on that please direct me to the link to purchase said kit from Cordes. I will wait for you on that one!

PTS FAB DOES HAVE ONE. HERE IS THE LINK
https://ptsfab.com/product/c7-single...bo-system-kit/

I am fine with it being "a DIY kit" I realize you can't just bolt it on. They have instructions for their "kit" which Cordes does not because he does NOT offer it in a "kit" which was the original argument that you failed to understand.

Sounds like you don't know what you are talking about, came in here to argue, and you should be the one to cool down.

Also since you can buy the "kit" without a turbo there are a couple possible ways that you don't have to tap the oil pan, since you aren't skilled enough to do it attached to the engine.

When you quit swinging, maybe you can learn something.

Last edited by LSRX; 10-08-2017 at 02:14 AM.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:47 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

You say that this vendor has made something that Joe has not been -ABLE- to make. Joe's not -TRYING- to make a DIY turbo kit, so stop saying that he isn't capable of making one. If making a DIY turbo kit was something that DIY'ers could do, then why is there only one supposed "kit" out there?! Why is the notion not more popular?! Hmm.. must be because the rest of the world has a different opinion on what DIY really is.

I missed zero points here, because you have to have a point to make one.

Not skilled enough huh? Try not stupid enough. Only a shadetree hillbilly would try to do it with the pan on the car. YOU really failed to see all the points being made here. I don't care if you can buy a kit with or without a rainbow colored unicorns horn and I don't care if they slap DIY/KIT on it! Its NOT DIY if the average home mechanic can't install it at home and there is NO TURBO "KIT" on the market that meets that criteria. It was NEVER intended to be marketed as such!

This situation is NO DIFFERENT than a fiberglass body "kit" sold on ebay for a Honda. Can you get it on there in you garage? Maybe. But without professional help there is zero chance someone can do it at home and get the job done with bondo and paint all the way to the finish to mKe it -right-. you're not reading between the lines on this. Some assembly required means much more than that.

I can't believe you tried to say they've achieved more than Joe has... . You need to stop, you're just making yourself look bad at this point.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:34 AM
black_c7
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

First off, help is the last thing you came here for. I would believe if you told me you came in here to run your mouth though.

Just like the other guy, you also missed the point, which is that Joe had no right to bad mouth a fellow vendor that makes something he has NOT been able to. That is a repeatable, salable single turbo DIY kit. If I am wrong on that please direct me to the link to purchase said kit from Cordes. I will wait for you on that one!

PTS FAB DOES HAVE ONE. HERE IS THE LINK
https://ptsfab.com/product/c7-single...bo-system-kit/

I am fine with it being "a DIY kit" I realize you can't just bolt it on. They have instructions for their "kit" which Cordes does not because he does NOT offer it in a "kit" which was the original argument that you failed to understand.

Sounds like you don't know what you are talking about, came in here to argue, and you should be the one to cool down.

Also since you can buy the "kit" without a turbo there are a couple possible ways that you don't have to tap the oil pan, since you aren't skilled enough to do it attached to the engine.

When you quit swinging, maybe you can learn something.
I didn’t see joe badmouth pts by anyway bro, he said his opinion and what happened between him and between pts! You can’t say if they didn’t do a DIY kit that means joe isnt one of the best shops out there, he makes most of the fastest builds and he is really knowledgeable guy, at least he made a kit without any issues and runs flawlessly with much power, and he made the first production fuel system solution for any c7, gen6 camaro !! Keep that in mind !

And btw did pts hire u as a lawyer or something? If so i need one buddy
Old 10-08-2017, 10:11 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 863 Likes on 600 Posts

I am considering it and trust me when I say you WILL be the first to know.
Good deal! Let me know and I’ll book a flight to come help you.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:05 PM
LSRX
Racer

You say that this vendor has made something that Joe has not been -ABLE- to make. Joe's not -TRYING- to make a DIY turbo kit, so stop saying that he isn't capable of making one. If making a DIY turbo kit was something that DIY'ers could do, then why is there only one supposed "kit" out there?! Why is the notion not more popular?! Hmm.. must be because the rest of the world has a different opinion on what DIY really is.

I missed zero points here, because you have to have a point to make one.

Not skilled enough huh? Try not stupid enough. Only a shadetree hillbilly would try to do it with the pan on the car. YOU really failed to see all the points being made here. I don't care if you can buy a kit with or without a rainbow colored unicorns horn and I don't care if they slap DIY/KIT on it! Its NOT DIY if the average home mechanic can't install it at home and there is NO TURBO "KIT" on the market that meets that criteria. It was NEVER intended to be marketed as such!

This situation is NO DIFFERENT than a fiberglass body "kit" sold on ebay for a Honda. Can you get it on there in you garage? Maybe. But without professional help there is zero chance someone can do it at home and get the job done with bondo and paint all the way to the finish to mKe it -right-. you're not reading between the lines on this. Some assembly required means much more than that.

I can't believe you tried to say they've achieved more than Joe has... . You need to stop, you're just making yourself look bad at this point.
I made my point. Sorry you do not comprehend. I stated it like 3 times in this thread. Joe understood it, you still do not. Sorry for your ignorance. Saying it another time for you to miss it yet again is a waste of time and since it was addressed to Joe, your input is not important anyway.

The fact that you can't figure out how to do some of the things that were mentioned in this thread, your ignorant analogy about an e-bay Honda body kit, and the fact that you are attempting to discuss the PTS kit, (which you have no clue about as you probably didn't even go to the website) tells me all I need to know about your skills/knowledge, or lack thereof.

Maybe instead of arguing on here, if you want to learn something, you should ask for the install instructions from PTS FAB. They are very well explained in detail and yes a person with minimal mechanical experience CAN install the kit whether you think it or not is irrelevant. Coincidentally, the same can be said about any of your comments.

Last edited by LSRX; 10-08-2017 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:13 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,226 Likes on 773 Posts

Returning from ti will respond when I'm not on the road. This is good stuff.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:18 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

I made my point. Sorry you do not comprehend. I stated it like 3 times in this thread. Joe understood it, you still do not. Sorry for your ignorance. Saying it another time for you to miss it yet again is a waste of time and since it was addressed to Joe, your input is not important anyway. The fact that you can't figure out how to do some of the things that were mentioned in this thread and your ignorant analogy about an e-bay Honda body kit tells me all I need to know about your skills/knowledge, or lack thereof.

Maybe instead of arguing on here, if you want to learn something, you should ask for the install instructions from PTS FAB. They are very well explained in detail and yes a person with minimal mechanical experience CAN install the kit whether you think it or not is irrelevant. Coincidentally, the same can be said about any of your comments.
Wow. You are so right! Thank you for pointing out to me that I can take a lesson in basic mechanics since I have a lack of skills and knowledge. Maybe someday I will know as much as you and can actually contribute something useful to the C7 community..

If you only knew..
Old 10-08-2017, 02:22 PM
LSRX
Racer

Originally Posted by C7&7
Good deal! Let me know and I’ll book a flight to come help you.
Thanks, that was very nice of you to say
Old 11-03-2017, 08:38 AM
LSRX
Racer

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...fe-friday.html

https://www.edgyvette.com/product/pt...gle-turbo-kit/

PTS c7 Single Turbo kit. First over the counter single turbo kit offered for the c7. This kit works for base, Grand Sport and Z06 models.
Kit installs easily, with basic hand tools and can be done in an afternoon in your garage.

Last edited by LSRX; 11-03-2017 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:23 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

So do it then. Buy the kit and install it over the weekend. Film it and post it so we can see how easy it is.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:45 PM
LSRX
Racer

So do it then. Buy the kit and install it over the weekend. Film it and post it so we can see how easy it is.
No need to film it. PTS Fab has great installation instructions with detailed pictures. If you want to see, all you have to do is ask Edgyvette for them. They have nothing to hide, and their pictures aren't purposely blurred like some other vendors on here.
Ignorance is bliss man. Keep happy.

I am waiting on the new Hellion system before I make my decision.
Almost ready.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Single turbo 2014 z51 oil smell issues.. help?