C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Install for Everyday People

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 11:46 AM
Osman
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

For what its worth. I changed my cam and did ProCharger install without ever taking steering rack or swaybar out... Also never disconnected any of it (other than battery)...

What I do is,
I take 4x 18mm bolts out of steering rack and sway bar..
2x 15mm which hold swaybar to subframe
11mm which connects steering rack to steering shaft...

Than i just lean it forward and I can get to my 24mm to take pulley out...

You can kinda see it in pic i am attaching...

Last edited by Osman; 08-11-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:11 AM
imxz28
Drifting

Received 454 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
- The crank pulley can be nasty. I used a Harbor Freight "Earthquake" impact with 750 lb ft of torque on my 80 gallon compressor at 150 psi and it zipped right off after a few hits.
Ant

I couldn't agree with you more Anthony! Many of you heard I broke my left pinky finger trying to break the crank pulley bolt free using a cheater bar. Layed off for 3 weeks... Long story short. If you don't have a massive impact gun... Hitting the crank bolt with a blow torch for a good 3 to 5 minutes will cook the "RED" locktite off and make short work of getting that bolt to break free!

Last edited by imxz28; 08-12-2017 at 03:12 AM.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:14 AM
Jaycajun
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by imxz28
I couldn't agree with you more Anthony! Many of you heard I broke my left pinky finger trying to break the crank pulley bolt free using a cheater bar. Layed off for 3 weeks... Long story short. If you don't have a massive impact gun... Hitting the crank bolt with a blow torch for a good 3 to 5 minutes will cook the "RED" locktite off and make short work of getting that bolt to break free!
In my humble opinion, just spend $28 for a flywheel locking tool, $8 for a 5' piece of pipe to use as a cheater pipe. It really wasn't that difficult for me to break it loose. I am not a big dude, 5' 7" and 150 lbs. When the flywheel is locked 100% of your energy is applied to the bolt and none is wasted loading up your driveline if you have a manual. Heating up your crank could easily damage your crank seal.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:57 AM
Jaycajun
Pro

Blower has been done for a while, Alky kit finally showed up and it's installed. Thanks to Fyreant for his detailed install thread. If you install a blower this is not a big deal but did take a full day taking my time. The only thing I did differently was I initially pulled the wheel liner out because it gave me plenty of room to install the intercooler tubing. I also loosened the bottom of the fender and dropped the windshield reservoir tank. This was only a few bolts and made it easy to drill holes for the wideband cable, vacuum line, and the Alky wiring. Will have it tuned in about two weeks...

Holes drilled for wideband cable, Alky wiring, and vacuum line...

Alky LED location

Covered all removable hoses with black fire resistant covers. You can get this at a computer store, $50 total in materials.

Last edited by Jaycajun; 08-12-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:38 AM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 111 Posts

What is the capacity of the Windshield wiper tank?
Old 08-12-2017, 12:29 PM
Jaycajun
Pro

Originally Posted by smajicek
What is the capacity of the Windshield wiper tank?
I think it's 2 gallons. I put 1 and a half gallons of meth this AM and could hear it was getting close to the top.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:38 PM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

There is no way GM would put a 2 gallon tank on this car or any car. That is just too large, anyone else wants to chime in since google search does zilch for me?
http://bfy.tw/DLHu
Old 08-12-2017, 01:02 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Its about 1.5 gal.
The following users liked this post:
Josh@AandASuperchargers (08-23-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 01:56 PM
Jaycajun
Pro

Its about 1.5 gal.
Thanks, the mystery is solved....
Old 08-12-2017, 06:42 PM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

Its about 1.5 gal.
So if it is about 1.5 gal and my car does not spray meth (Light does not turn green) and I fill the tank with .5 gal and all of a sudden I am spraying meth? happened 2 times. Explain that?
Old 08-12-2017, 06:50 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

So if it is about 1.5 gal and my car does not spray meth (Light does not turn green) and I fill the tank with .5 gal and all of a sudden I am spraying meth? happened 2 times. Explain that?
Are you implying that your tank was empty and you filled only half a gallon to fill it all the way up to the brim? Its just as easy to run the tank empty and then fill it some but not all the way..
Old 08-12-2017, 07:00 PM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

I always filled it to the top brim, and both times when my meth would not spray I fill to the top with 2 liters and it sprays meth?
Old 08-12-2017, 07:01 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

I always filled it to the top brim, and both times when my meth would not spray I fill to the top with 2 liters and it sprays meth?
Maybe I am remembering it wrong. I'll go check the helms manual to confirm..

EDIT: as it turns out this info is not available in either the owners manual or the shop manual! I just filled mine and it didn't take as much as I remember so I concede that it may be closer to .5 or .75 gal.

Last edited by FYREANT; 08-12-2017 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:58 PM
Jaycajun
Pro

Maybe you should post a Meth Trouble Shooting thread and see if others can help you diagnose your problem....
Old 08-12-2017, 08:02 PM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

I already emailed Andy at A&A Corvette last wednesday and no response? Maybe he is on vacation?

Last edited by smajicek; 08-12-2017 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:15 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

I already emailed Andy at A&A Corvette last wednesday and no response? Maybe he is on vacation?
Call. Always call. They never stop working over there those guys are always answering the phone. Andy even forwards the phone to his cell after hours. Talk about great customer service!
Old 08-13-2017, 10:09 AM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Call. Always call. They never stop working over there those guys are always answering the phone. Andy even forwards the phone to his cell after hours. Talk about great customer service!
I can confirm he was travelling last week and back this weekend because I was at A&A yesterday meeting with him. Give him a call and he will help you out. He will be in this week as well. Or you can give Josh a call or shoot him an email with questions.

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Install for Everyday People

Old 08-22-2017, 05:06 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

On Andy getting to the phone to get up with his customers.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:15 PM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

I called he answered and will look at my problem on 9-1-2017 to resolve it. I have faith in him getting it right. Will update you all on what the problem was.

Last edited by smajicek; 08-22-2017 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:02 PM
tadehz51
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaycajun
The harmonic balancer bolt as you probably know is extremely difficult to break free. I bought the most powerful impact I could find but my little compressor couldn't push enough air. Having an automatic means you have to keep the engine from turning over. You need to buy a flywheel locking tool. There are not a lot of options that I saw. Forum member Chefcg1 is an awesome dude and sold me his. Many thanks to his generosity! Here is the tool and it's $28 from MAF Racing who hand makes them.

With the flywheel locked I used a four foot pipe from Home Depot as a cheater pipe, braced myself while standing in the engine compartment and broke it free pretty easily. Trust me, that tool is well worth it. If your going to spend over $5K on a blower, spend the $28 for that tool.

Got the Chrysler harmonic balancer removal tool from Autozone (free rental with refundable deposit) but the bolt was too short. Went back and got another set that had the perfect bolt. The two sets together worked perfectly.

Sexy balancer installed

you used a wrench and a 4foot pipe to remove the harmonic balancer bolt instead of an impact? I ask because I don’t have a impact gun or a compressor

Quick Reply: A&A Install for Everyday People