C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Install for Everyday People

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 07:28 PM
Jaycajun
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by tadehz51

you used a wrench and a 4foot pipe to remove the harmonic balancer bolt instead of an impact? I ask because I don’t have a impact gun or a compressor
yes, four or five foot cheater pipe over my 1/2" breaker bar AND with the flywheel locked with the tool I posted a picture of. It was tight as hell. My compressor did nothing to loosen it. I highly encourage you to use that flywheel locking tool....don't heat the dam bolt up like some people recommend as that could mess up your front seal...
Old 08-03-2018, 07:32 PM
tadehz51
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just ordered that MAF flywheel locker thanks for the advice! Wish me luck
Old 08-03-2018, 08:17 PM
tadehz51
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jaycajun

yes, four or five foot cheater pipe over my 1/2" breaker bar AND with the flywheel locked with the tool I posted a picture of. It was tight as hell. My compressor did nothing to loosen it. I highly encourage you to use that flywheel locking tool....don't heat the dam bolt up like some people recommend as that could mess up your front seal...
I have a manual, is this tool necessary? Rather be safe than sorry and just put the tool in. I hope the starter isn’t a pain to get out
Old 08-03-2018, 09:00 PM
Jaycajun
Pro

In my opinion yes it’s needed. With a stick you have a lot of sllack that has to be wound up before any pressure is actually applied to the bolt. Dropped starter out of the way to the side easily even with headers.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:37 AM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

+1 on the fly wheel locking tool. It really is a must buy in my opinion.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:38 PM
Ghostnotes
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

You should never use an impact on a crank bolt.It can put too much lateral shock on your crank bearings. I know it can suck but a socket with a cheater is always a better choice.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:33 PM
tadehz51
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ghostnotes
You should never use an impact on a crank bolt.It can put too much lateral shock on your crank bearings. I know it can suck but a socket with a cheater is always a better choice.
I’m so glad I checked this thread out before attempting my install. You guys are great!
Old 08-06-2018, 09:36 PM
tadehz51
Instructor

Originally Posted by chefcg1
+1 on the fly wheel locking tool. It really is a must buy in my opinion.
ordered from MAF RACING like you guys said. He shipped it out Friday morning from Michigan and I just received it in Cali today on Monday. Amazing.
Old 08-12-2018, 03:31 PM
tadehz51
Instructor

Hey guys should I disconnect my battery for the supercharger install?
Old 08-12-2018, 04:17 PM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 111 Posts

Don't see a reason why you would need to. your working with mechanics. I used to install car stereo as a youngster during the 8 track days and did not disconnect battery.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:26 PM
Jaycajun
Pro

Uh yes....please do
Old 08-12-2018, 06:42 PM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

Uh yes....please do
what is the logic behind that? When I do my brakes I leave the battery connected? maybe I should disconnect the battery if you help me understand your logic?
Old 08-12-2018, 09:20 PM
Jaycajun
Pro

Originally Posted by smajicek
what is the logic behind that? When I do my brakes I leave the battery connected? maybe I should disconnect the battery if you help me understand your logic?
We are not discussing brakes smart ***. Did you install the blower on your car yourself?
Old 08-12-2018, 11:12 PM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

We are not discussing brakes smart ***. Did you install the blower on your car yourself?
I bet you are a nice guy in person just not so nice here? No I did not install mine but the master of A&A Corvette named Andy did and no disconnect battery by him either.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:12 AM
tadehz51
Instructor

you’re not disconnecting your fan motor steering wheel motor and your MAF Sensors when doing your brakes..... don’t try to be a smart ***.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:14 AM
tadehz51
Instructor

I bet you are a nice guy in person just not so nice here? No I did not install mine but the master of A&A Corvette named Andy did and no disconnect battery by him either.
So you were at the shop watching him install? Or did you happen to ask Andy if he did disconnect the batttery? Because if you asked him then you’re a hypocrite yourself. If you stood there to see them install it you have some real time to waste.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:18 AM
Jaycajun
Pro

you’re not disconnecting your fan motor steering wheel motor and your MAF Sensors when doing your brakes..... don’t try to be a smart ***.
Thanks, I did the install myself. The fan came out, along with the MAF, the steering rack...and I installed a wideband and the Alky Control which has a massive amount and wiring. These cars are unbelievably sensitive to voltage as you probably know. If I mess with anything electronic, I absolutely disconnect the battery which takes ten seconds. The next time I call Andy or Josh I will ask as I am curious. But they have installed hundreds and probably can do the install in their sleep

Last edited by Jaycajun; 08-13-2018 at 12:21 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Install for Everyday People

Old 08-13-2018, 12:21 AM
tadehz51
Instructor

Thanks, I did the install myself. The fan came out, along with the MAF, the steering rack...and I installed a wideband and the Alky Control which has a massive amount and wiring. These cars are unbelievably sensitive to voltage as you probably know. If I mess with anything electronic, I absolutely disconnect the battery which takes ten seconds.
did you drain your radiator to remove the hose that’s blocking the sway bar or did you get the sway bar out without removing the hose?
Old 08-13-2018, 12:37 AM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

For all members who do the install themselves please disconnect the battery, we have someone who was nice enough to explain the logic behind doing that. my apologies to all that had to read the posts accusing me of trying to be a smartass which I was not trying to be but someone here thinks that I was. my bad, My head hangs low in shame
Old 08-13-2018, 12:39 AM
Jaycajun
Pro

did you drain your radiator to remove the hose that’s blocking the sway bar or did you get the sway bar out without removing the hose?
Yes, I drained it and removed the fan and radiator. I also trimmed some of the fan structure so the charge tube would be easier to install. You have to cut the radiator hose and pulling the rack is a pain in the ***. You need room. Pay attention to how the rack connection comes loose, I described it earlier. Take pics of the swaybar before you remove it. I put it in in backwards when I reinstalled it. When installing the silicone couplers to the intake and the one to the blower you will need to trim them shorter for them to fit. Just trim a 1/4" at a time till they fit. Josh and Andy are awesome dudes and always answers my calls no matter what day or time. I have several blower pulleys and a Innovators West pulley for sale her if you need any. Any questions just PM me anytime and good luck. Keep it conservative around 600 as the ringlands are as fragile as peanut brittle.....trust me on that

Quick Reply: A&A Install for Everyday People