C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I add a supercharger to my standard C7 Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 08:19 PM
syswayne
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Thinking about putting on my C7 2016 very low mileage, where did you buy yours and was it installed by you or a mechanic ? Please reply Wayne, Syswayne
Old 12-23-2018, 12:08 PM
MrGary2011
Burning Brakes

Received 233 Likes on 109 Posts

Went with a bored out LT4 Supercharger!
Old 12-23-2018, 11:48 PM
killerv6
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Supercharger

Just ordered the the Maggie 2300 for my 2016 Z will be selling the original supercharger 3200 miles on a car let me know if you're interested I live in PA
Old 12-26-2018, 08:58 PM
syswayne
Racer

Originally Posted by killerv6
Just ordered the the Maggie 2300 for my 2016 Z will be selling the original supercharger 3200 miles on a car let me know if you're interested I live in PA
Which supercharger do you have and how much shipped to Texas
Old 12-27-2018, 11:25 AM
syswayne
Racer

How much $$$$$
Old 12-29-2018, 08:20 AM
hogurt
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Maggie is an awesome choice. I am looking to get a Maggie on my C7 also.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:59 AM
rosco11
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would hold off before dumping money into a C7. Unlike previous model changes, the next change is going to be a real game changer. The C8 is going to be mid engine. Anything not mid engine is going to plummet in value faster than a luxury car. Within a couple of years, your 50k base model will be a hard sell at 20k. C5's and C6's will flood the used car market for 10k give or take a few grand.

Drive it. Enjoy it. Wait for the C8. You will be able to pick up a C7 Z06 for under 30k a couple years after it launches if you really want a C7 with a supercharger. Most of you won't. Most of you would rather have a base C8 than a C7 anything. Mid engine is long over due for Americas favorite sports car. For did it but wanted blood and gold. Chevy is going to make 30k C8's a year and it will be affordable.
Old 06-12-2021, 02:49 PM
jaiyenyen
Pro

Received 413 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by rosco11
I would hold off before dumping money into a C7. Unlike previous model changes, the next change is going to be a real game changer. The C8 is going to be mid engine. Anything not mid engine is going to plummet in value faster than a luxury car. Within a couple of years, your 50k base model will be a hard sell at 20k. C5's and C6's will flood the used car market for 10k give or take a few grand.

Drive it. Enjoy it. Wait for the C8. You will be able to pick up a C7 Z06 for under 30k a couple years after it launches if you really want a C7 with a supercharger. Most of you won't. Most of you would rather have a base C8 than a C7 anything. Mid engine is long over due for Americas favorite sports car. For did it but wanted blood and gold. Chevy is going to make 30k C8's a year and it will be affordable.
An old thread but you were very wrong.
The following users liked this post:
macjac69 (03-02-2022)
Old 06-12-2021, 03:52 PM
rosco11
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jaiyenyen
An old thread but you were very wrong.
I just sold my C7 LT2 convertible for 35k and it took a while. That was a 45 to 50k car last year. Right now, there is an 11 month wait on a C8 order, ask me how i know. They can not keep up with demand. When the C8 market starts to get saturated, what do you think those C7s are going to be worth when you can buy a C8 for 60k and up at the car lot down the street? 50? 40? 30? keep going. And when the C8s start popping up used for 50k, do you honestly think someone is going to still pay 30k for a C7? They are not the same car. Not even in the same league.
As far as putting a supercharger on a C7, why? You can find C7 Zo6's going in the fifties to low sixties right now. 40s to 50s when the C8 market starts getting saturated. And the biggie...............The C8 Zo6 is rumored to start at 85k. Buy a used C7 Zo6 and enjoy it instead of spending your weekends in the garage doing repairs or at a tuners.

I will also add, no matter what you think of your individual mechanical skills or those from speed shops, NO ONE does it better than the factory. Yes, you can make more HP. But the factory does EVERYTHING. From brakes, to suspension, tuning and when they are done, it is a daily driver, not some spitting monster that gets worked on more than driven. NO ONE gives you as much for the money either. AND it will still get decent gas millage.

If you just want the fastest car on the street, buy a POS RX7 or 8 for 1000 with a blown motor, plenty of them around, and LS swap it. Less than 25k invested even if you buy a crate motor instead of building it.. They weigh in at 3000 after the swap. Significantly lighter than a corvette. If, on the other hand, you have a pile of money to play with and plenty of time to spend your weekends in a garage, do it. It is just money. Think of it like a piece of jewery. Something that will never be worth what you invested.

Personally, i am selling off all of my toys for a C8.
Old 06-12-2021, 04:21 PM
jaiyenyen
Pro

Received 413 Likes on 232 Posts

I just sold my C7 LT2 convertible for 35k and it took a while. That was a 45 to 50k car last year. Right now, there is an 11 month wait on a C8 order, ask me how i know. They can not keep up with demand. When the C8 market starts to get saturated, what do you think those C7s are going to be worth when you can buy a C8 for 60k and up at the car lot down the street? 50? 40? 30? keep going. And when the C8s start popping up used for 50k, do you honestly think someone is going to still pay 30k for a C7? They are not the same car. Not even in the same league.
As far as putting a supercharger on a C7, why? You can find C7 Zo6's going in the fifties to low sixties right now. 40s to 50s when the C8 market starts getting saturated. And the biggie...............The C8 Zo6 is rumored to start at 85k. Buy a used C7 Zo6 and enjoy it instead of spending your weekends in the garage doing repairs or at a tuners.

I will also add, no matter what you think of your individual mechanical skills or those from speed shops, NO ONE does it better than the factory. Yes, you can make more HP. But the factory does EVERYTHING. From brakes, to suspension, tuning and when they are done, it is a daily driver, not some spitting monster that gets worked on more than driven. NO ONE gives you as much for the money either. AND it will still get decent gas millage.

If you just want the fastest car on the street, buy a POS RX7 or 8 for 1000 with a blown motor, plenty of them around, and LS swap it. Less than 25k invested even if you buy a crate motor instead of building it.. They weigh in at 3000 after the swap. Significantly lighter than a corvette. If, on the other hand, you have a pile of money to play with and plenty of time to spend your weekends in a garage, do it. It is just money. Think of it like a piece of jewery. Something that will never be worth what you invested.

Personally, i am selling off all of my toys for a C8.
A ZO6 is definately the way to go if someone needs more power. All I hear and see is the extremely high prices C7's are going for now. If you had a hard time selling yours or getting good money for it I don't understand. Many 2019 C7's are going for new prices these days. As far as the C8 goes some love it, some hate it. When they can produce enough so that it is not a rarity we will see how popular it will really be. The C7 will depreciate but being the last of it's kind maybe not as much as you think.
Old 06-17-2021, 01:01 PM
JoeD-C8
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 205 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Was searching and found this. Mmmmm seems his crystal ball was cloudy...
Old 06-19-2021, 11:33 PM
Goat 2 Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 468 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeD-C7
Was searching and found this. Mmmmm seems his crystal ball was cloudy...
LOL hilarious! I think I want that guy to take care of my investment portfolio.
Old 06-24-2021, 04:31 PM
BlueDevilZ51
Melting Slicks

Received 389 Likes on 271 Posts

Yeah, everyone do the opposite of whatever this guy says 🤣
Old 06-25-2021, 07:15 AM
Gary barnes 1098
Drifting

Received 599 Likes on 351 Posts

Lmao!!!! One in every crowd…..real Einstein.

Quick Reply: Can I add a supercharger to my standard C7 Corvette?