C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Launch Control Not Working Correctly - Custom Tune

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 12:00 PM
Dakynz
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Launch Control Not Working Correctly - Custom Tune

So a bit of background I've had my procharger P1SC on my z51 m7 for a few months now. Car had a custom tune by reputable shop. Car rocks and puts out 585rwhp. Have a few questions after having the kit on now for a few months.

1. Launch Control - Does not seem to work correctly anymore?? It will go into the setting, hovering the rpms at the correct level but once the clutch is dropped the car seriously retards timing. Really slow launch and what feels like bogging but really think its just the timing be retarded. After a few drag strip runs I've resorted to just taking stabilitract and traction control completely off. Is this normal? I've tried going through the submenu's in track mode but even in Race mode the car retards timing on the launch to the point that I'm much faster launching without. The retarding of the timing causes the car to be super slow and bogged as it comes off the line.

2. V4 mode also doesn't seem to work. After some searching seems like most people that have a custom tune lose this feature. Not that big of a deal.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:51 AM
nbatc
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

2016 z51 AA kit, and i have the exact same problem.
Car used to launch hard before blower..
Old 11-20-2017, 10:56 AM
Dakynz
Advanced

Originally Posted by nbatc
2016 z51 AA kit, and i have the exact same problem.
Car used to launch hard before blower..
good to know i'm not the only one. I assume the science behind this is the computer is seeing wheel spin and its adjustments are based on original hp output numbers so it retards timing more then it should??? Whats confusing is I would think that it would retard it based on original hp numbers so you should be getting more wheel spin due to more hp. I'm confused can someone explain why this is happening? Is everyone launching with all the nannies off? I'm on stock tires and launch for me is usually around 2000-2200 rpm level
Old 11-21-2017, 01:31 PM
mittens
Melting Slicks

Received 362 Likes on 203 Posts

From what I read there is not adjustable settings on Launch control as far as Tunes go... .the tuner cants change the settings.

that being said it the computer should not be holding the car back more then it was in stock form, if anything I would think the power would be more then what the car expected and reacts slower to bring it back
Old 11-30-2017, 01:35 PM
yonson
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mittens
From what I read there is not adjustable settings on Launch control as far as Tunes go... .the tuner cants change the settings.

that being said it the computer should not be holding the car back more then it was in stock form, if anything I would think the power would be more then what the car expected and reacts slower to bring it back
You can't change the actual launch control settings, but you can make changes to how it works in round about ways...
Old 11-30-2017, 02:01 PM
mittens
Melting Slicks

care to explain?
Old 12-01-2017, 12:09 AM
yonson
Racer

It's been a couple years since I've messed with it, but there were a few ways I found to tweak it and each had their pros and cons.

What I found that ended up working the best in my application was to play with the minimum spark while doing launches on a surface that was ok, but not perfect (in my case doing a few 1st gear and 0-60 pulls in an empty parking lot at work).

Also I found that for me at least, LC was only really useful in the auto's, on M7 cars I could launch better the old fashion way vs. using LC (same with the 16+ Camaro) although with LC it was more consistent launch to launch, however not necessarily faster. I imagine if I would have had more time to tweak the LC on the manual I might have been able to get it better, but I only had it for a couple hours or so...
Old 12-01-2017, 09:37 AM
mittens
Melting Slicks

yea ok, thats what I figured.

I am sure the LC is not worth it if you can drive a car, or if you have eben racing Sticks for years. BUT it would be nice/fun to be able to adjust it.

Would set RPM to like 2500
then Turn off the nannes.. I used to street race like that and it was very consistant once you found the right lower RPM to let it 1/2 hook and bog with a feather or 2.. using a 2 step.

would be nice to use it as an adjustable 2 step... hard to hook anything on the street at 4k. ha
Old 12-01-2017, 10:31 AM
KenBrownfield
Heel & Toe

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dakynz
So a bit of background I've had my procharger P1SC on my z51 m7 for a few months now. Car had a custom tune by reputable shop. Car rocks and puts out 585rwhp. Have a few questions after having the kit on now for a few months.

1. Launch Control - Does not seem to work correctly anymore?? It will go into the setting, hovering the rpms at the correct level but once the clutch is dropped the car seriously retards timing. Really slow launch and what feels like bogging but really think its just the timing be retarded. After a few drag strip runs I've resorted to just taking stabilitract and traction control completely off. Is this normal? I've tried going through the submenu's in track mode but even in Race mode the car retards timing on the launch to the point that I'm much faster launching without. The retarding of the timing causes the car to be super slow and bogged as it comes off the line.

2. V4 mode also doesn't seem to work. After some searching seems like most people that have a custom tune lose this feature. Not that big of a deal.
I purposely had them remove V4 mode on my tune. Which solved my RPM fluctuation problem going down the highway in drive as a side benefit, and frankly I didn't buy my corvette for gas mileage . The problem I seem to have with launch control (A8) is it pulls timing and "bogs", then after a period of time or distance it seems to shut off and I get a surge of power that spins the tires like crazy. In stock form it worked fine but I suspect with the added power (A&A blower) when it shuts off I just spin. I stopped trying to use it all together and am getting better results. You have the M7 but I think I feel the same bog feeling that you get. I just gave up on it....
Old 12-01-2017, 10:35 AM
yonson
Racer

Originally Posted by KenBrownfield
I purposely had them remove V4 mode on my tune. Which solved my RPM fluctuation problem going down the highway in drive as a side benefit, and frankly I didn't buy my corvette for gas mileage . The problem I seem to have with launch control (A8) is it pulls timing and "bogs", then after a period of time or distance it seems to shut off and I get a surge of power that spins the tires like crazy. In stock form it worked fine but I suspect with the added power (A&A blower) when it shuts off I just spin. I stopped trying to use it all together and am getting better results. You have the M7 but I think I feel the same bog feeling that you get. I just gave up on it....
Yeah, yours is a similar issue to what I had and was able to help a lot with what I mentioned above...
The following users liked this post:
KenBrownfield (12-01-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 09:45 PM
Dakynz
Advanced

Originally Posted by KenBrownfield
yes with my M7 it is the same bog coming out of the hole using L/C. Compared to stock it definitely feels slower. I quickly resorted to just using feel and turn all the nannies off. Launching about 2000-2200. Above that and tires roast. Running stock rubber and car is 585 hp. Probably will go up a tire size next time and maybe try a drag radial.

Really was just curious if launch control was lost function and seems like most are experiencing the same bog or lack of hook up compared to stock form.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:14 AM
mittens
Melting Slicks

So have a small update/thought.

Tried LC a few times just playing around with it when stock with headers and no tune.

finished up cam install, and tuned. and tried LC again... ha HOLEY crap at the amout of pooping and cracking with the motor trying to retard the timing and such.... I can only assume the car is trying to go full retard and the phaser limiter physically wont let it so its making some crazy pops. so much so i wonder if its shooting some flames out the pipes.. I plan to check this with a eye witness in the dark. but if its not its sure sounds crazy at least.

either way LC sucks fro actually taing off fast if you know what your doing do your normal. but its is fun to play with.

Get notified of new replies

To Launch Control Not Working Correctly - Custom Tune

Quick Reply: Launch Control Not Working Correctly - Custom Tune