C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Our new forced induction build

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 10:38 AM
0Crawford-Racing.com
Former Vendor

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Awesome build!!! Love the attention to detail and the timeline.

Last edited by Crawford-Racing.com; 02-16-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:39 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 863 Likes on 600 Posts

Mike it's been a month! Where is an update? Is she running?
Old 02-16-2018, 05:08 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

DAY 158

It's been absolutely pandemonium here. Just kidding.. We've been at a complete dead stop. I have acquired a few non-important parts such a brand new water pump, powder coated a few more brackets, the entire secondary fuel system ($5K ...ugh), etc. We've been PATIENTLY waiting for our MSD intake manifold. Prometh custom plumbed it. It's a 9 injector setup that has been hard lined directly into the intake. We received it YESTERDAY. It took roughly 3 1/2 months for me to get that thing back. But, I'm not complaining.. Sooooooooo, I was not happy with the final look of the outside finish of the manifold. I went to a custom shop here locally and they agreed to strip off the painted finish and re-do it. They said that process might take them a week to 10 days. We are keeping our fingers crossed.

So the factory DI fuel system has been addressed. Although not really needed at this point but still wanted on our build, the port injected methanol system has now been addressed. Finally, the secondary fuel system has been put into place and addressed. We are hoping for nice numbers but more importantly, rock solid reliability.

Last edited by officermartinez; 02-16-2018 at 05:46 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by officermartinez:
FYREANT (02-16-2018), Nexxussian (02-26-2018)
Old 02-16-2018, 08:45 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by officermartinez
DAY 158

It's been absolutely pandemonium here. Just kidding.. We've been at a complete dead stop. I have acquired a few non-important parts such a brand new water pump, powder coated a few more brackets, the entire secondary fuel system ($5K ...ugh), etc. We've been PATIENTLY waiting for our MSD intake manifold. Prometh custom plumbed it. It's a 9 injector setup that has been hard lined directly into the intake. We received it YESTERDAY. It took roughly 3 1/2 months for me to get that thing back. But, I'm not complaining.. Sooooooooo, I was not happy with the final look of the outside finish of the manifold. I went to a custom shop here locally and they agreed to strip off the painted finish and re-do it. They said that process might take them a week to 10 days. We are keeping our fingers crossed.

So the factory DI fuel system has been addressed. Although not really needed at this point but still wanted on our build, the port injected methanol system has now been addressed. Finally, the secondary fuel system has been put into place and addressed. We are hoping for nice numbers but more importantly, rock solid reliability.
Patiently waiting for for climax here Mike... don’t let me down... LOL
Old 02-17-2018, 11:33 PM
Torque Obsessed
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts

DAY 81

On a side note, during DAYS 15 - 79, you may have already seen our wheels and tires sitting in the background in one of our pictures. We purchased new Michelin rubber for all four corners for our aftermarket wheels. Since the car was down, we figured new rubber was in order and while the tires were off, we just took it one more step and had all our wheels completely stripped back down from the old semi gloss black finish. We had them powder coated a new color. We were a bit reserved about the color at first but after we drove down to pick up the wheels, OMG, we were super impressed with the color we chose (Bengal Black with Prismatic Silver Sparkle). Here's a few teaser pictures:

This build is amazing. So much awesome... You're really doing it right. I find myself starting at these gorgeous wheels more than anything. Great color choice!

Out of curiosity, what splitter and side skirts do you have? They look great on your car.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:24 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Originally Posted by FYREANT
Patiently waiting for for climax here Mike... don’t let me down... LOL
Hopefully, the climax won't be anticlimactic! ..haha

Originally Posted by Torque Obsessed
This build is amazing. So much awesome... You're really doing it right. I find myself starting at these gorgeous wheels more than anything. Great color choice!

Out of curiosity, what splitter and side skirts do you have? They look great on your car.
Hey Torque Obsessed, thanks for the words of encouragement! As for the splitter, it's simply the GM level 1 front splitter. Nothing much to look at. We are currently on our FOURTH front splitter (road debris + one concrete parking blocks being the culprits of our previous three splitter damages). The side skirts are from C7 Carbon and ZR51 rear spoiler is from Showstoppers. Both were taken to my local GM dealership. There were both painted their factory color: Carbon Flash Metallic. The paint is an exact match to the rear fascia that comes on the C7's.
The following 2 users liked this post by officermartinez:
FYREANT (02-19-2018), Nexxussian (02-26-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 06:08 PM
officermartinez
Pro

DAY 176

I promise, I didn't forget about this build thread. It's literally been obstacle after obstacle after obstacle. I can't make this stuff up.. haha. But, alas.. in the chaos of it all, everything seems to finally be working out in our favor. We ran into the hugest of "snags" with the MSD Atomic Airforce intake. After months of back and forth with it, it's FINALLY done! I picked it up today from our paint shop and dropped by our tuner's shop. They mocked it up for a few snapshots and I headed out. Just thought I would post a few of the pictures to give those who have been following this thread, an idea of what it will look like when it's all bolted in.

The following users liked this post:
Nexxussian (03-06-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 06:42 PM
Nexxussian
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

That's going to be one haul *** mo-sheen!
Old 03-07-2018, 10:39 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Originally Posted by Nexxussian
That's going to be one haul *** mo-sheen!
We sure hope so. Our American Racing Headers are massive.. 2" - 2 1/8" x 3 1/2" collectors. We had them ceramic coated locally and we are very pleased with the end results.

https://americanracingheaders.com/pr...7-race-headers

Last edited by officermartinez; 03-07-2018 at 11:44 AM.
Nexxussian (03-07-2018)
Old 03-07-2018, 10:56 AM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

DAY 176

I promise, I didn't forget about this build thread. It's literally been obstacle after obstacle after obstacle. I can't make this stuff up.. haha. But, alas.. in the chaos of it all, everything seems to finally be working out in our favor. We ran into the hugest of "snags" with the MSD Atomic Airforce intake. After months of back and forth with it, it's FINALLY done! I picked it up today from our paint shop and dropped by our tuner's shop. They mocked it up for a few snapshots and I headed out. Just thought I would post a few of the pictures to give those who have been following this thread, an idea of what it will look like when it's all bolted in.

Port Meth?
Old 03-07-2018, 11:48 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Originally Posted by Earl H
Port Meth?
Yeppers. It's a 9 meth nozzle setup. Each nozzle feeds its' own cylinder bank and the 9th nozzle is mounted in front of the throttle body.
Nexxussian (03-07-2018)
Old 03-07-2018, 12:09 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Yeppers. It's a 9 meth nozzle setup. Each nozzle feeds its' own cylinder bank and the 9th nozzle is mounted in front of the throttle body.
Let us know how this works out. Thinking about going this route on wife's whipple 6.2 Sierra.
Old 03-24-2018, 12:12 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Any updates Mike? Is the motor back in the car yet?
Old 03-24-2018, 10:47 PM
debo
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Great job on this setup, can't wait to see the final results.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:00 PM
Chazzmania
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Wow this is epic, good luck on the build. Can't wait to see the finish product pretty sure it will be legit. MERICA
Old 04-07-2018, 03:11 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Day 208

It's been a long road and we apologize for the big delays. Since we are not doing the work ourselves, 95% of this build was completed by other business(es). With that said, yesterday marked the last day that our motor was on a motor stand. It's been an extremely long and drawn out process for us. We hit several unintentional road blocks and one massive failure of subbing some work out. But yesterday, the engine was finally bolted back in our C7. It will all be worth the wait if everything works perfectly and the final results speak for themselves (knocking on wood). Here is the last picture taken before the engine was reinstalled.

Nexxussian (04-07-2018)
Old 04-07-2018, 04:02 PM
123sugey
Dig
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 756 Likes on 513 Posts

Day 208

It's been a long road and we apologize for the big delays. Since we are not doing the work ourselves, 95% of this build was completed by other business(es). With that said, yesterday marked the last day that our motor was on a motor stand. It's been an extremely long and drawn out process for us. We hit several unintentional road blocks and one massive failure of subbing some work out. But yesterday, the engine was finally bolted back in our C7. It will all be worth the wait if everything works perfectly and the final results speak for themselves (knocking on wood). Here is the last picture taken before the engine was reinstalled.

Lookin good hope it is even more than what you expect.

That pic of your motor would make a bad azz wall poster ... in real size

Get notified of new replies

To Our new forced induction build

Old 04-07-2018, 08:23 PM
Nexxussian
Instructor

Ohhh myyy!

Lookin' good, x2 on the poster.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:47 PM
Nexxussian
Instructor

Default I hope it's driving :)

I hope by now it's driving and is all you hoped it would be.

I apologise if there is a newer thread on this that I've missed, but I've been checking lately with my "portable electronic devices" and sometimes I have issues with getting the smaller touchscreens to go where I want them to (wide thumbs).

Last edited by Nexxussian; 05-14-2018 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:02 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Would love to see some vids of this!

Quick Reply: Our new forced induction build