C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confused, Adding procharger , currently running E85 kit, do I need a meth kit also?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 12:37 AM
chaznad
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Confused, Adding procharger , currently running E85 kit, do I need a meth kit also?

Hey guys , Im a little new to this whole game so please be patient. You can see my setup in the sig but I'm currently running an e-85 kit on a tuned c7. My tune allows me to run both e85 or pump gas in which i always fill e85 but i like the option. I'm getting ready to add a procharger soon. This car is like a daily driver so i don't want anything crazy and complicated. I just want the extra boost and would love to make 600-650 rwhp .
What is required to make this work. Im reading conflicting views which is confusing me so i figured id ask. Do I need the meth kit ? I read that i do but z06's don't come with them from the factory so it can't be required? . Is there a benefit and how would this work when I'm already running e85 .
Sorry to sound like a newbie, I'm learning
Old 12-05-2017, 10:18 AM
jacksnorm
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Yes you will need Meth injection to achieve that power level unless you upgrade fuel system, cam lobe, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors and low side supplement. And still will only be able to run E50 to 60%.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:52 AM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

We don't push LT1s passed mid 650, 630 to be on the safe side. Yes you will need meth

Last edited by Billy@MTI; 12-05-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:59 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by jacksnorm
Yes you will need Meth injection to achieve that power level unless you upgrade fuel system, cam lobe, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors and low side supplement. And still will only be able to run E50 to 60%.
yes, ^^ this. You can probably get away with just doing dual meth to achieve that power level, but the E85 is where it gets more complicated. Your fuel system must support 30% more flow to run full E85. You would need all the things jacksnorm said to do this, or, you can ditch E85, and run dual meth (two 10-15GPH nozzles) and it be fine. You could also do some E85 and supplement with meth but it would be easier to just run the meth since you only use it when you are in boost. That way you can use 93 around town which is cheaper since you won't be using as much..

Last edited by FYREANT; 12-05-2017 at 10:03 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Confused, Adding procharger , currently running E85 kit, do I need a meth kit also?

Quick Reply: Confused, Adding procharger , currently running E85 kit, do I need a meth kit also?