C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT4 blower on base model C7

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 03:12 AM
prmacho
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT4 blower on base model C7

So I recently installed a LT4 blower on my c7 nonz51. The issues we are coming across now, is a large amount of oil found in the supercharger and CAI. We also had a issue with trying to tune the car, it had a ton of knock that the tuner couldn’t eliminate despite dropping the timing to 3 degrees. The car was on 91 and had Full meth(dual nozzle) we did realize the upper pulley was at a 2.50 so maybe too much boost ? Now we are at the 2.90 for upper and will gapped the plugs at .25 ... I guess my question is what is recommended to Eliminate the oil in the blower and what can we do to figure out the knock issue? I’m taking it to another shop because, if one has never done this conversion before, they will get frustrated not knowing how to stop the knock and if it’s a false knock or not and it’s a risk. I do have a little catch can but I guess it’s not one connected to the blower. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images    

Last edited by prmacho; 12-16-2017 at 03:23 AM.
Old 12-16-2017, 10:55 AM
T/A KID
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

Sent you a PM
Old 12-16-2017, 11:24 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

Your knock issue and your oil in the intake are probably related. Burning motor oil with your fuel reduces your fuel's octane. Hence, more knock. Fix the oil issue and your engine will be less likely to knock.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:54 PM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Received 393 Likes on 286 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12'-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by prmacho
So I recently installed a LT4 blower on my c7 nonz51. The issues we are coming across now, is a large amount of oil found in the supercharger and CAI. We also had a issue with trying to tune the car, it had a ton of knock that the tuner couldn’t eliminate despite dropping the timing to 3 degrees. The car was on 91 and had Full meth(dual nozzle) we did realize the upper pulley was at a 2.50 so maybe too much boost ? Now we are at the 2.90 for upper and will gapped the plugs at .25 ... I guess my question is what is recommended to Eliminate the oil in the blower and what can we do to figure out the knock issue? I’m taking it to another shop because, if one has never done this conversion before, they will get frustrated not knowing how to stop the knock and if it’s a false knock or not and it’s a risk. I do have a little catch can but I guess it’s not one connected to the blower. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
DONE

https://www.edgyvette.com/product/mi...ild-catch-can/

Get notified of new replies

To LT4 blower on base model C7

Quick Reply: LT4 blower on base model C7