C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most likely switch to Precision Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 11:41 PM
cdjnight
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Most likely switch to Precision Turbo

I have contemplated a bunch of upgrades, Procharger, or just going with a single Precision Turbo. My heart is in the turbo, but without talking to Precision yet, I'd like to here from the turbo guys in here. I'm thinking a PT7675 CEA, what your thoughts?
Old 01-01-2018, 02:00 PM
David@MMS
Supporting Vendor

Received 221 Likes on 153 Posts

the complexity is not in what turbo you pick. i would first worry about nearly everything else associated actually.

The following users liked this post:
uneedthis2 (02-14-2018)
Old 01-01-2018, 07:44 PM
cdjnight
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=David@MMS;1596290947]the complexity is not in what turbo you pick. i would first worry about nearly everything else associated actually.

Nice looking twins!Yes, I realize the complexity aside from picking the correct turbo, as this will be my third complete build. What I am not good at is sizing the turbo itself. Once that is done and in my hands, I will build around it. I've seen too many builds gone wrong because the builder chose a turbo based on physical size and space versus the best turbo for the application.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:22 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

cdjnight, we're glad to see you're thinking about coming to the turbo darkside

Underpressure Power & Performance took care of all the research for you and put together the perfect twin-turbo kit for your C7. Prices start at $9,999 and we're here to help if you have any questions. Just shoot me a message, or give the shop a call: 719-575-0202

http://uppturbo.com/parts/upp-c7-twin-turbo-kit/
Attached Images  
Old 01-11-2018, 11:12 AM
sales @ WXM
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by cdjnight
I have contemplated a bunch of upgrades, Procharger, or just going with a single Precision Turbo. My heart is in the turbo, but without talking to Precision yet, I'd like to here from the turbo guys in here. I'm thinking a PT7675 CEA, what your thoughts?
Turbo choice really depends on your goals with the car. There are a lot of variables to take into consideration when spec'ing out the proper sized turbo: displacement, compression ratio, turbine wheel, exhaust housing size, etc.. Your best bet would be to call Grant at Precision Turbo and ask for his advice, I believe they have a spreadsheet that they enter the data into to help them determine the appropriate size.

We have a PTE 7675 CEA on our shop VR4, its a 3.0L and it spools relatively quick given that it is half the displacement of an LT. I bet a 7576 would be a riot in C7 as long as you have a large enough exhaust housing and didn't overspin it.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:40 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Originally Posted by David@MMS
the complexity is not in what turbo you pick. i would first worry about nearly everything else associated actually.

Dam David that is one of the best set up's I have seen under a c7 hood are any other as far as that goes. Plus from the post I know it hauls the mail. Very nice job on her. Robert
uneedthis2 (02-14-2018)
Old 02-04-2018, 11:06 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,711 Likes on 2,918 Posts

I would turn to Forced Performance long before I ever considered PTE junk.
Rlhay2 (02-13-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Most likely switch to Precision Turbo

Quick Reply: Most likely switch to Precision Turbo