C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Z06 Road Race--Which Supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 11:42 AM
blackey
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default C7 Z06 Road Race--Which Supercharger?

If you were going to setup a Z06 for Autocross and HPDE / Light duty (13/13 rules) road racing, which would you choose and why? I thinking I would want it to fit with the LG performance cooling package. This would be on Pirelli DH slicks, so traction will be better than with most setups.

Procharger
Edelbrock
Magnussen
ERS
A&A (not specifically for Z06 I think)
Whipple
Stock
Old 09-06-2018, 06:14 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by blackey
If you were going to setup a Z06 for Autocross and HPDE / Light duty (13/13 rules) road racing, which would you choose and why? I thinking I would want it to fit with the LG performance cooling package. This would be on Pirelli DH slicks, so traction will be better than with most setups.

Procharger
Edelbrock
Magnussen
ERS
A&A (not specifically for Z06 I think)
Whipple
Stock
Cooling Kit, Stock Blower, 15% OD, Headers, G7 Sways, G2 Coilovers, Monoballs and Camber Kit, or if you want to keep Mag ride sub Drop Spindles for the Coilovers. But... I'm little biased.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:25 PM
0JUICED1
Former Vendor

Received 347 Likes on 286 Posts

An upgraded LT4 works just fine on the track. Add the upgraded cooling bricks and a new heat exchanger and you're set. Turn up the boost a bit with lower overdrive pulley and maybe a ported blower and you can make some serious bolt on power. If I had to choose another blower I'd go with the Whipple. We are an authorized dealer and that 2.9L monster can put out some serious power and torque. They don't make a kit for the Z06 but with a few mods we can make them fit.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:28 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

more blower displacement is better, as you can run less rpm on the blower and make less heat after the screws, since heat is the enemy. The whipple 2.9 or the 2650 tvs that is coming out would be my tie for first. I don't know which is better yet as no one has done a fair back to back comparison as the 2650 is not out, but will be very soon.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:45 PM
Hoboshop
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Roots chargers come on to hard early off idle and corvette already have a hard time putting the power down at low speeds. A centrifugal either ecs, a&a etc will have a more progressive build of power with blazing top end and much less heat build up than a top mounted blowers. Half throttle on a roots and you *** end will come around while powering through a corner a centrifugal will be easier to
put it to the ground but the top end charge will be stronger than a roots where it falls on its face after 5k
Old 09-14-2018, 10:17 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

On a road race set up almost would go N/A motor set up. But if not with this c7 stuff I put every part on my car from LG stuff it does work excellent. Plus I have a A6 trans with that LG trans cooler plus the stock one beside it also. Also put in the LG pan & a D3 fan set up for the radiator. Robert

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Z06 Road Race--Which Supercharger?

Quick Reply: C7 Z06 Road Race--Which Supercharger?