C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crawford Racing squeezes 841 RWHP from stock LT4 fuel system on full E85!!??

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 10:14 AM
0Crawford-Racing.com
Former Vendor

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Crawford Racing squeezes 841 RWHP from "stock" LT4 fuel system on full E85!!??

Copied over from the ZO6 sub-forum:

Crawford Racing LLC teamed up with Edgyvette to see what we could get out of their 2016 C7 ZO6 M7 equipped with their PTS single turbo kit and the G1 Pro intake manifold with port injector provisions and their new C7 friendly PI fuel rails, but leaving the rest of the fuel system completely stock. The results were quite surprising!!!
We added our CR-Fueler port injector controller kit, along with a set of 1000cc port injectors to see how far the stock high and low pressure system is good for on full stregth E85 for the LT4 ZO6 and the upcoming LT5 ZR1. That's right, the stock in-tank ZO6 low pressure pump, running 16 fuel injectors, was able to deliver 841 rwhp SAE on E85!!
With careful tuning and datalogging, we were able to determine, the stock HPFP and LT4 injectors were up to the task, the LPFP being where the limitiation is.
We can say that on race gas, 900-1000 rwhp is acheivable on the stock fuel system when adding the CR-Fueler port injection controller. For a guy that wants to run E85 and make 750-800 RWHP on a budget, you could add a boost-a-pump and get by.

Obviously adding a proper LPFP kit, is the desired way to go, and is what this car is getting to break the 1000 rwhp zone, but we wanted to show everyone what the stock fuel system is capable of on full E85 when adding the Crawford Racing CR-Fueler.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Crawford-Racing.com; 03-13-2018 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:05 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Does fueler also work on DI trucks?
Old 03-13-2018, 05:19 PM
0Crawford-Racing.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Earl H
Does fueler also work on DI trucks?
Yes sir! I have coverage for all the DI vehicles.
The following users liked this post:
Earl H (03-13-2018)
Old 03-15-2018, 10:48 PM
LuckyC7Z06
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 140 Likes on 104 Posts

Interesting! I’ve been thinking of getting the new Whipple and pullying the heck out of it. I have the Fore Double already but one is for the Nitrous bars. I was wondering if I used it for your fueler kit and see what it’ll make on motor only then get the triple if not satisfied so I could add nitrous again.
What do you think Crawford Peeps??
Old 03-16-2018, 09:33 AM
0Crawford-Racing.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by LuckyC7Z06
Interesting! I’ve been thinking of getting the new Whipple and pullying the heck out of it. I have the Fore Double already but one is for the Nitrous bars. I was wondering if I used it for your fueler kit and see what it’ll make on motor only then get the triple if not satisfied so I could add nitrous again.
What do you think Crawford Peeps??
Yeah buddy! The whipple can be had with the port injector provisions and will allow massive amounts of fueling when combined with my controller kit and the FORE system. There are many options for nitrous control we can pull off, including a dry shot and using the injectors to supply the fuel etc..
Feel free to hit me up to discuss your plans!
Chris
chris@crawford-racing.com
Old 03-18-2018, 08:59 PM
Cartman417
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this on stock pistons? What about the reliability since it seems like some of these guys over 650rwhp are having issues with their pistons
Old 03-18-2018, 11:45 PM
0Crawford-Racing.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Cartman417
Is this on stock pistons? What about the reliability since it seems like some of these guys over 650rwhp are having issues with their pistons
This car is a ZO6 with the LT4 engine. They don't have the same piston issues as the LT1 and can reliably survive north of 1000 rwhp.

Last edited by Crawford-Racing.com; 03-18-2018 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:35 PM
bob53
Melting Slicks

Received 302 Likes on 138 Posts

Interesting stuff! If one were to replace the stock blower with a 2.3L Maggie and run a pulley, intake, ported TB, and E85, could one get by with your port injector kit, the stock ow pressure fuel pump, and a boost-a-pump for on demand delivery at higher RPMs and throttle input? Which kit of yours would be the most appropriate? Who handles the tuning for the kit - do you help or can you recommend someone in the midwest?
Old 03-21-2018, 02:08 PM
0Crawford-Racing.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bob53
Interesting stuff! If one were to replace the stock blower with a 2.3L Maggie and run a pulley, intake, ported TB, and E85, could one get by with your port injector kit, the stock ow pressure fuel pump, and a boost-a-pump for on demand delivery at higher RPMs and throttle input? Which kit of yours would be the most appropriate? Who handles the tuning for the kit - do you help or can you recommend someone in the midwest?
The biggest hurdle is selecting a supercharger that has the provisions for the port injectors. The current 2.3 does not have that, but I have heard that they will be releasing a lower manifold with the provisions. Then you need to determine your power goals. 750 rwhp with a boost-a-pump on E85 is certainly doable with a LT4 car.
I do recommend my CR-Fueler 2.0 Holley HP kit for a flex fuel application for $2757. It comes with a base tune that will get you really close, and I can help out with remote tuning as well.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:41 AM
wesam
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good job Crawford
Any reason for the huge power dip after 6000 rpm ?
Old 03-22-2018, 09:46 AM
0Crawford-Racing.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by wesam
Good job Crawford
Any reason for the huge power dip after 6000 rpm ?
That dyno graph has the axis scaled a little tight that exaggerates the look of it. Also, there is no electronic boost control on the car at that time, and boost would peak and drop, combined with stock LT4 valvetrain, show a drop in power up top.
This one here is a heat soaked pull with the boost shown.
Attached Images  
Old 07-07-2018, 07:11 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Crawford-Racing.com
That dyno graph has the axis scaled a little tight that exaggerates the look of it. Also, there is no electronic boost control on the car at that time, and boost would peak and drop, combined with stock LT4 valvetrain, show a drop in power up top.
This one here is a heat soaked pull with the boost shown.
What turbo?
Old 07-07-2018, 09:14 PM
xBoostx
Melting Slicks

Received 251 Likes on 196 Posts

Congrats you are on to something here a pic of the turbo lay out be nice!
Old 07-08-2018, 04:42 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Great job Chris! That's just almost hard to believe if I didn't see it on E85 wow! Would love to see some 1/4 mile times with that setup.

I can't wait to get our build moving! This is exciting especially moving up to the F1A-94 (from F1A) and running a WeaponX 750 magna-fuel low side and your Holley 2.0 system! Can't wait to get the numbers out of your tuning! I have already located all my local E85 pumps so I will always be in good shape .
Old 07-08-2018, 07:58 PM
Drew27
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by C5-VERT
Great job Chris! That's just almost hard to believe if I didn't see it on E85 wow! Would love to see some 1/4 mile times with that setup.

I can't wait to get our build moving! This is exciting especially moving up to the F1A-94 (from F1A) and running a WeaponX 750 magna-fuel low side and your Holley 2.0 system! Can't wait to get the numbers out of your tuning! I have already located all my local E85 pumps so I will always be in good shape .
Chris is awesome to work with..
C5-VERT (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 04:10 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by Drew27
Chris is awesome to work with..
Drew you and others told me this, of course, many times over the phone, but to experience, it is such a pleasure. He has taken so much time to help me integrate the WeaponX fuel system, in fact to the point of acquiring and assembling the fittings and PTFE hoses that will 100% bolt up to my factory fuel lines up front and Holley fuel rails. Even ensuring we have equal fuel pressure distribution between rails and using short fittings for clearance issues on my G1Pro LTx intake. The guy knows his stuff and is so helpful my build went from a nervous wreck to absolute fun! He is even going to help me tune my Kooks long tubes with HP Tuners until I can get my F1A-94 / Holley Port System installed. I am 110% satisfied so far just a pleasure to work with him. Appreciate the input also from you Drew.
Old 07-15-2018, 12:34 PM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Received 393 Likes on 286 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12'-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by xBoostx
Congrats you are on to something here a pic of the turbo lay out be nice!
Updated pics now that we got it cleaned up a bit

wildgoat (07-17-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Crawford Racing squeezes 841 RWHP from stock LT4 fuel system on full E85!!??

Old 07-15-2018, 03:52 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Sick Cajun! Just bad ***.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:48 AM
wildgoat
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Crawford-Racing.com
Copied over from the ZO6 sub-forum:

Crawford Racing LLC teamed up with Edgyvette to see what we could get out of their 2016 C7 ZO6 M7 equipped with their PTS single turbo kit and the G1 Pro intake manifold with port injector provisions and their new C7 friendly PI fuel rails, but leaving the rest of the fuel system completely stock. The results were quite surprising!!!
We added our CR-Fueler port injector controller kit, along with a set of 1000cc port injectors to see how far the stock high and low pressure system is good for on full stregth E85 for the LT4 ZO6 and the upcoming LT5 ZR1. That's right, the stock in-tank ZO6 low pressure pump, running 16 fuel injectors, was able to deliver 841 rwhp SAE on E85!!
With careful tuning and datalogging, we were able to determine, the stock HPFP and LT4 injectors were up to the task, the LPFP being where the limitiation is.
We can say that on race gas, 900-1000 rwhp is acheivable on the stock fuel system when adding the CR-Fueler port injection controller. For a guy that wants to run E85 and make 750-800 RWHP on a budget, you could add a boost-a-pump and get by.

Obviously adding a proper LPFP kit, is the desired way to go, and is what this car is getting to break the 1000 rwhp zone, but we wanted to show everyone what the stock fuel system is capable of on full E85 when adding the Crawford Racing CR-Fueler.
Does the CR-Fueler port injection provide substantial benefits when pushing the limits of premium gas only? (no meth or E85)

I've been dreaming up a turbo C7Z with your port injection just like this and am curious as to what numbers/limits could be expected on premium gas alone.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:14 PM
0Crawford-Racing.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by wildgoat
Does the CR-Fueler port injection provide substantial benefits when pushing the limits of premium gas only? (no meth or E85)

I've been dreaming up a turbo C7Z with your port injection just like this and am curious as to what numbers/limits could be expected on premium gas alone.
Yes of course! Just as the 2019 ZR1 with the LT5 combines port and direct injection to help bring output to 750+HP.
Couple of benefits of the port injection, it allows more headroom to the fuel system, it also helps to keep the intake ports and intake valves a lot cleaner by allowing that port fuel to wash the intake tract, and keeps that nasty buildup away. Something that has plagued the German and Italian Direct Injection vehicles for over a decade, and an issue we will start see popping up with the GM DI vehicles.
As far as how far you want to go on premium pump gas, is up to you and your tuner. Premium pump gas does have it's limitations of how much boost, timing and ultimately power it will tolerate.
I would say 800+ rwhp is obtainable in the hands of a good tuner on pump gas.
wildgoat (07-18-2018)

Quick Reply: Crawford Racing squeezes 841 RWHP from stock LT4 fuel system on full E85!!??