C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Grand Sport supercharger DIY possible?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 01:39 PM
DirkGT
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2017 Grand Sport supercharger DIY possible?

Dear all,
As mentioned in another thread, I am desperately looking for someone who supercharged a 2017 Grand Sport INCLUDING tune via handheld.

I have no other chance than buying a complete „plug&play“ system cause I live in Germany and nobody here can reprogramm the ECU/PCM.

Altough not published on their website, the Procharger manual says clearly for MY 2017: send in PCM
Also Edelbrock needs the ECM for reprogramming...

Even buying a used PCM is no solution, the original PCM must be read out, what cannot be done here in Germany...

I would really appreciate any help!
Is there someone here who did a real plug&play boost of a 2017?
Or are there any other solutions? Really need some boost...
Why is a handheld tune not possible for 2017? Generally not or not at the moment?

Thank you so much for supporting a stupid german.

Last edited by DirkGT; 03-20-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:00 PM
StarFox
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Why not buy an HPTuner for 400$, and then pay a tuner over here to remote tune it with you. You scan the car, they adjust the tune, you write the tune and rescan. Repeat until tune is finished. Remote tuning is done all the time by tuners over here.

The only question I'd have is whether you have to send your ECU over here first for an adjustment because it is one of those newer models. If so, just live with it being down for 2 weeks while you ship your ECU over here. You can install the supercharger while the car is down.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:55 PM
Koan
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Callaway has a division in Germany that can do it for you.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:02 AM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

why not contact TikT racing in deustch land!! They seems to know a thing or 2 about corvettes!! As for bolting up a kit, its pretty easy depending on your mechanicals skills! iSince you have to autobahn for legal highway pulls( you bastard!!) i would recommend centri's procharger! I would usually go with twin screws set up for low end torque, but in your case it sound like a highway killer set up! Get HPt and choose a reputable good tuner here, and do email tune! Better yet, rent a dyno, make a RSVP with a tuner, strap it on a dyno, plug in your laptop, the tuner will take over your laptop, like he was in the car and you do the pull on the dyno, and boom few hours later your car is tuned! Than do some datas logging and recheck everything by sending out the datas to him!

Get notified of new replies

To 2017 Grand Sport supercharger DIY possible?

Quick Reply: 2017 Grand Sport supercharger DIY possible?