C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ysi vs f1-a

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 09:46 PM
GRstylesZ51
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ysi vs f1-a

Can a shop provide some insight as to why use one or the other. The A&A kit with a YSI headunit seems like the best bang for your buck, but I’ve noticed lately the high HP C7 builds are running prochargers. What are the pros and cons? Does one out perform the other.

As an example let’s say forged bottom end, Cam, ported heads, headers and Upgraded fuel system w/ meth which would you go with and why?
Old 04-03-2018, 12:13 PM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

We are doing a F1A-94 C7Z build as we speak.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:33 PM
acz06
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Procharger is the best power option.. f1a 94 is nasty.. love mine..
Old 04-05-2018, 09:14 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 863 Likes on 600 Posts

The reason most choose Procharger is because their units are self contained. The ysi and f1a are going to yield the same results. **** a ysi-b is only like 50cfm short of a f1x. The only difference is you’re going to need to get oil from the pan to the ysi.

I make 1100 wheel with a novi 2200x, which is the ysi-b.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:55 AM
algZO6
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

Nano option from Vortech will also give you a few more ponies.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:04 AM
ZRJUAN.
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Is the pro charger the only unit that's self-contained? I thought the ECS was as well???
Old 04-05-2018, 11:34 AM
GRstylesZ51
Advanced

I didn’t know the YSI wasn’t self contained, this the kind of insight I’m looking for. Thanks! What about intercoolers? Do they flow about the same or is there variance in input boost vs output in High HP builds?

Originally Posted by C7&7
The reason most choose Procharger is because their units are self contained. The ysi and f1a are going to yield the same results. **** a ysi-b is only like 50cfm short of a f1x. The only difference is you’re going to need to get oil from the pan to the ysi.

I make 1100 wheel with a novi 2200x, which is the ysi-b.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:03 PM
0HorsePowerAddicts
Former Vendor

Received 166 Likes on 118 Posts

We will have a very good comparison for the Ysi vs F-1A-94 C7 Z crowd.
We have 4 cars here now getting the Procharger kits on them and 1 getting a A&A z06 YSI kit.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:57 PM
GRstylesZ51
Advanced

Awesome I can’t wait to hear your feedback on both kits. Please keep me posted

Originally Posted by HorsePowerAddicts
We will have a very good comparison for the Ysi vs F-1A-94 C7 Z crowd.
We have 4 cars here now getting the Procharger kits on them and 1 getting a A&A z06 YSI kit.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:45 PM
CorvetteKilla
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Considering ECS pulls more torque than Procharger I went with ECS. Also LMR and others use the ECS on there packages only.

Theres probably a reason they only use ECS.

But I would not get anything besides a ECS or Procharger IMO. Dont cheap out on an A&A when the good **** is a little more.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:06 AM
algZO6
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by CorvetteKilla
Considering ECS pulls more torque than Procharger I went with ECS. Also LMR and others use the ECS on there packages only.

Theres probably a reason they only use ECS.

But I would not get anything besides a ECS or Procharger IMO. Dont cheap out on an A&A when the good **** is a little more.
how is A&A "cheap"?
Old 04-09-2018, 11:03 AM
CorvetteKilla
Advanced

Originally Posted by algZO6
how is A&A "cheap"?

Considering a few years ago when I was building my car, not very many people said anything about the A&A at all. Also back then a few years ago I saw the kit several places for only around $4100. Dunno why they decided to raise the price but considering you could buy them for around 4k a few years ago is why it is "cheap". That also set off a red light to me. Why was it so much cheaper?
Old 04-09-2018, 12:36 PM
algZO6
Melting Slicks

Considering a few years ago when I was building my car, not very many people said anything about the A&A at all. Also back then a few years ago I saw the kit several places for only around $4100. Dunno why they decided to raise the price but considering you could buy them for around 4k a few years ago is why it is "cheap". That also set off a red light to me. Why was it so much cheaper?
seeing as you have no real facts i will tell you there is nothing cheap about it. i have had both ecs and a&a and they are both quality systems. before you call something cheap i suggest you do your due diligence.
The following users liked this post:
Kainedogg (05-17-2019)
Old 04-09-2018, 12:48 PM
CorvetteKilla
Advanced

Originally Posted by algZO6
seeing as you have no real facts i will tell you there is nothing cheap about it. i have had both ecs and a&a and they are both quality systems. before you call something cheap i suggest you do your due diligence.

The fact is : It use to be over 1000$ cheaper than the ECS KIT when I was looking at them.
So therefor its cheap compared to the ECS Kit.
What you dont understand about that?

Im also a little confused on your experience with both systems when you do not even own a C7?

I also said IMO which means in my opinion, dunno why you are getting so e-thug on me on a public forum. Keyboard warrior much?
Hrmm??

Its a public forum I can post my opinion just as much as you and not get attacked when I speak the truth. If you want to steer someone down a uncommon supercharger then thats kinda fucked up on your part.

Most people roll Procharger or ECS and thats all the facts that is needed.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:33 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

A&A kits are far from "cheap"... On the contrary they have had the best bracket design for the C5/C6 kits for the last 6-7 years...

And a YSI will certainly make more power to the wheels then a F1A....it would likely be close to an F1A-94.

Most shops install procharger kits because they are MUCH easier to install....and still running the hokey tensioner/adjuster they have always had, and has always slipped.

The YSI takes much less power to run then a F1R, F1A-94 or F1x, that's more power to your tires with less boost, less strain on the motor/crankshaft/bearings. For 1k rwhp or less, I'd stick with the YSI. Not to mention they are FAR more reliable then the new F1 series blowers.

Last edited by ajrothm; 04-09-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:54 PM
algZO6
Melting Slicks

The fact is : It use to be over 1000$ cheaper than the ECS KIT when I was looking at them.
So therefor its cheap compared to the ECS Kit.
What you dont understand about that?

Im also a little confused on your experience with both systems when you do not even own a C7?

I also said IMO which means in my opinion, dunno why you are getting so e-thug on me on a public forum. Keyboard warrior much?
Hrmm??

Its a public forum I can post my opinion just as much as you and not get attacked when I speak the truth. If you want to steer someone down a uncommon supercharger then thats kinda fucked up on your part.

Most people roll Procharger or ECS and thats all the facts that is needed.
so you admit you don't have hands on experience with both kits. that's all i wanted to make clear. kind of fucked up on your part giving your opinion without knowing what you are talking about.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:13 PM
GRstylesZ51
Advanced

Originally Posted by ajrothm
A&A kits are far from "cheap"... On the contrary they have had the best bracket design for the C5/C6 kits for the last 6-7 years...

And a YSI will certainly make more power to the wheels then a F1A....it would likely be close to an F1A-94.

Most shops install procharger kits because they are MUCH easier to install....and still running the hokey tensioner/adjuster they have always had, and has always slipped.

The YSI takes much less power to run then a F1R, F1A-94 or F1x, that's more power to your tires with less boost, less strain on the motor/crankshaft/bearings. For 1k rwhp or less, I'd stick with the YSI. Not to mention they are FAR more reliable then the new F1 series blowers.
this is what I had read initially and that’s why I was going with the A&A kit but once I started calling around they kept trying to steer me towards a procharger. When I asked what makes it $3k better than an A&A kit a solid response wasn’t provided which is why I asked on this forum

Get notified of new replies

To Ysi vs f1-a

Old 04-09-2018, 11:39 PM
kutlow
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 135 Posts

I can remember years and Years ago when I first came to this forum there was a guy who had a big build done on his car and the motor blew very soon afterwards. That shop declined to fix the car and guess what. Andy got on the forum and had the guy bring the car to him and he fixed it for free. So to me I wouldn't call anything from Andy cheap. Plus he has carb certified head units for Cali cars. I've heard many horror stories from several to shops on this forum but not one time I had ever heard anything but awesome from Andy. That's my 2 cents for free.

MAGA

Last edited by kutlow; 04-09-2018 at 11:39 PM.
Slow85 (03-08-2024)
Old 04-10-2018, 12:37 PM
CorvetteKilla
Advanced

Lol you guys are funny. A&A markets their supercharger as the "best bang for your buck" so if that does not mean its the cheapest I do not know what to tell you. I do not hear any other companies going around saying that. Its their marketing slogan...

I love how people not in having a c7 are arguing that this is the best supercharger. They all really work in the end just depends on what you want.

I also love how anyone would believe a company saying "Oh yah you can put this supercharger on your vehicle in California and your "carb legal".

TELL THAT TO A COP HAHAHAH he will write you every time for exhaust and if he saw any supercharger on your car you would be fucked. Hes not gona be like oh is this one Carb legal? NO THEY WRITE U FOR MODIFIED CAR. They dont care about the part. You would not know because once again everyones talking like they have experiance with this stuff but really just talking out ones ****.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:43 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Lol you guys are funny. A&A markets their supercharger as the "best bang for your buck" so if that does not mean its the cheapest I do not know what to tell you. I do not hear any other companies going around saying that. Its their marketing slogan...

I love how people not in having a c7 are arguing that this is the best supercharger. They all really work in the end just depends on what you want.

I also love how anyone would believe a company saying "Oh yah you can put this supercharger on your vehicle in California and your "carb legal".

TELL THAT TO A COP HAHAHAH he will write you every time for exhaust and if he saw any supercharger on your car you would be fucked. Hes not gona be like oh is this one Carb legal? NO THEY WRITE U FOR MODIFIED CAR. They dont care about the part. You would not know because once again everyones talking like they have experiance with this stuff but really just talking out ones ****.
Bang for the buck they are.... They are well engineered kits, very reliable and make good power. They are CARB legal in California, so the car can pass a state inspection with them....(unless the rest of the car is modded illegally).

All of the kits have their pros and cons.... Procharger, A&A, ECS.... all of them have goods and bads, and they'll all get the job done well.

I will say some of the fastest C5s/C6s in the country are using A&A kits...or at least variations of the original kit.

You do know that ALGZ06's C5Z is quicker in the 1/4 mile then any C7 on this forum? Yeah that's on a modded A&A kit with a YSI...on a little street car with overdrive and ac.

When any C7 runs quicker then a 8.60 with any kind of blower.....lemme know...
crazybillss (07-26-2022)

Quick Reply: Ysi vs f1-a