C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Z06 Street car build

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 10:19 AM
CarterC7Z06
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 Z06 Street car build

I am going to build a C7 Z06 bad I would like it to have a a lot of power and whoop a lot of cars and exotic cars, but what would be a good setup of mods to do that? The car is 100% bone stick with a M7 transmission, so starting from scratch. How would you build build this front to back to be a mean street car?!?! (I’m also open to stuff like procharger and nitrous and all that)
Old 04-04-2018, 09:11 PM
"BoneStock"
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

what is a lot of power to you? 700whp will whoop about 99% of anything you come across on the street. How much do you want to spend? 700 can be had for like 5k. More than that and you jump into the 20k+ range really fast.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:42 PM
CarterC7Z06
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by "BoneStock"
what is a lot of power to you? 700whp will whoop about 99% of anything you come across on the street. How much do you want to spend? 700 can be had for like 5k. More than that and you jump into the 20k+ range really fast.
Don’t get me wrong I think 700whp is a lot, but I want to take the car and race it as well as being able to drive it on the street. I would take it to events like tx2k and do rolls maybe drags but I’m not sure with an m7. But yea tx2k for sure and other roll events and a little drag.

700whp is a lot but in that world of racing and especially tx2k 700whp would barely keep up, I would like around 1,000-1,100 so I could place pretty high. Not like unlimited class but high up, those would be my plans for the car and why I want to squeeze out so much power.

And the budget im totally unsure of, I don’t even own the car yet but it is like my dream build so i am starting to save up money for this build, so I would build and keep not sell, but yes my budget is unsure so I’m just trying to get an idea about what mods and how much it would cost.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:13 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by CarterC7Z06

Don’t get me wrong I think 700whp is a lot, but I want to take the car and race it as well as being able to drive it on the street. I would take it to events like tx2k and do rolls maybe drags but I’m not sure with an m7. But yea tx2k for sure and other roll events and a little drag.

700whp is a lot but in that world of racing and especially tx2k 700whp would barely keep up, I would like around 1,000-1,100 so I could place pretty high. Not like unlimited class but high up, those would be my plans for the car and why I want to squeeze out so much power.

And the budget im totally unsure of, I don’t even own the car yet but it is like my dream build so i am starting to save up money for this build, so I would build and keep not sell, but yes my budget is unsure so I’m just trying to get an idea about what mods and how much it would cost.
A friend who is also on this forum has about 1150 rwhp with an M7 and in TX2K he could only get to about 165mph. The C7 is hard to make fast with an M7 unfortunately. In order to “place high” in TX2K in a C7 you’re gonna need 1200+ with an auto or 1400+ rwhp with a manual and have a build drivetrain.

Last edited by FYREANT; 04-04-2018 at 10:13 PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:22 PM
CarterC7Z06
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by FYREANT
A friend who is also on this forum has about 1150 rwhp with an M7 and in TX2K he could only get to about 165mph. The C7 is hard to make fast with an M7 unfortunately. In order to “place high” in TX2K in a C7 you’re gonna need 1200+ with an auto or 1400+ rwhp with a manual and have a build drivetrain.
Nice, I’m sure it’s a sweet car and really fast. But that sucks that you’d need that much, I wanna open my own lsx/lt ship when I get older so maybe when I do that I’d have the funds and it could be a shop car but I’m not sure. But 165mph is fast but tx2k is crazy, tell your friend I like the car and if you have videos please link them I’d love to check it out or and Instagram or something, and lastly what class in tx2k did he run it in?
Old 04-05-2018, 01:50 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Nice, I’m sure it’s a sweet car and really fast. But that sucks that you’d need that much, I wanna open my own lsx/lt ship when I get older so maybe when I do that I’d have the funds and it could be a shop car but I’m not sure. But 165mph is fast but tx2k is crazy, tell your friend I like the car and if you have videos please link them I’d love to check it out or and Instagram or something, and lastly what class in tx2k did he run it in?
The reason so much power is need is you chose one of the biggest roll race events in the world where the fastest cars are. If you just wanna go out whooping up on other cars, you can do so with less power but it won’t even qualify at TX2K. At the event he didn’t qualify because his clutch started to give out. If it wasn’t having issues, he would have barely qualified for the Sport (bottom) class.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:13 PM
VictorBarron
Drifting

Received 375 Likes on 264 Posts

It will take some cold, hard cash$$$$

Old 04-08-2018, 05:48 PM
acz06
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

If u have 1150 to the wheels and trap 165 in the half?? Then he don't have 1150 to the wheels..
Old 04-08-2018, 06:53 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by acz06
If u have 1150 to the wheels and trap 165 in the half?? Then he don't have 1150 to the wheels..
If you have a slipping clutch and still trap 165 in the half then you sure do have that much power..
Old 04-08-2018, 06:57 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

With you ANT from 2 diff big builds in the c5 OP I can tell you if you go down this road. It really is not worth it at all as a street car at all. Now a full race car & if you have deep pockets. When you get over 1,k plus rwhp something per say is going to brake. Are you will see someone else that has something you don't on his car & is going JUST a little faster. Then guess what you have to have it & try to see if that will do it for you.

Like the one guy has said look at being happy with the 700 hp that the z06 has, Are save a little more & get the ZR1. If you do a full parts build on these cars with after market parts & labor to run in the mile race you will be LOOKING AT 30,K ON THE CHEAP SIDE & 50,K mark.

If you don't believe that good luck man & see where you end up at. Do yourself a list in a book on every part & list cost with labor cost.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:22 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

If you get a car into this range of 1,k plus for sure even with a small cam in the car. I would be willing to chg out the valve spring every 10,k miles in the car. Plus on the tx mile a stock car I don't see hitting 200 mph in it. About the top speed guys are running a auto trans to get the top speed. Robert
Old 04-24-2018, 05:26 PM
John Micheal Henry
Drifting

Received 275 Likes on 195 Posts

If you have a slipping clutch and still trap 165 in the half then you sure do have that much power..
^^^ That's the truth..

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Z06 Street car build

Quick Reply: C7 Z06 Street car build