C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Benefits between manufacturers

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 11:00 AM
ZZZorro
Instructor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 118 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Benefits between manufacturers

So I'm new to supercharging - been reading a bit here and there online. The Corvette platform benefits from numerous manufacturers of bolt on SC's ... that's a good thing, given that these are fairly expensive i would hate to make a mistake therefore looking for suggestions from folks who have already done this and what your opinions are in regards to the various platforms of SC units - Procharger vs Whipple vs Edelbrock vs Magnuson...?
I see one of the Vendors on here is having a sale on some of these units and a fellow at RDP Victor claims that the Edelbrock is the way to go any idea on this ...?

Please comment thanks
Old 04-08-2018, 11:22 AM
stab1991
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

I think you need to first figure out which type of blower you want, PD or centrifugal. Different power delivery. Then you can narrow it down to manufacturer. Tuning is as important as the type as well.
I went with an ECS , meth, headers setup. I also have the benefit of having ECS near me.
The following users liked this post:
DOUG @ ECS (04-11-2018)
Old 04-08-2018, 01:37 PM
CorvetteKilla
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stab1991
I think you need to first figure out which type of blower you want, PD or centrifugal. Different power delivery. Then you can narrow it down to manufacturer. Tuning is as important as the type as well.
I went with an ECS , meth, headers setup. I also have the benefit of having ECS near me.
im west coast and did ECS in here. I would not do anything besides a procharger or ECS. I like the ecs dyno sheets more and seem to give me more torque due to there setup. If you view many dyno sheets you will see this as well. I was going to get a procharger but im not Okay with paying the nearly $600 extra or whatever it is just to have a BLACK ONE. Talk about bullshit when ECS comes black stock.

I would not personally choose any besides those two but im happy with my ECS because my engine bay looks "kinda" stock and living in california having a procharger with a huge air intake is a dead give away to hood popping happy cops. ECS is a smooth power delivery while procharger dynos look like they come in more like turbo power towards the end.
DOUG @ ECS (04-11-2018)
Old 04-08-2018, 01:38 PM
CorvetteKilla
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And ZZZorro of course someone selling only one brand of supercharger is gona claim its the best. Dont listen to any salemen lol
Old 04-10-2018, 07:17 AM
brettmess24
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by CorvetteKilla
And ZZZorro of course someone selling only one brand of supercharger is gona claim its the best. Dont listen to any salemen lol
I have also been told the Eforce is the most reliable and the best complete kit available by more than one forum vendor on here. One of them happens to sell and install just about every option. RDP sells more than Eforce btw. Steve at RDP is a great resource and honest vendor. The Eforce is defenitely not the cheapest option and is $2k more than Procharger, ECS etc.
RDP Store (04-18-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 06:58 PM
ZZZorro
Instructor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 118 Likes on 59 Posts

So I have a local speed shop here in my area who will do Stainless Works long tubes, high flow cats, X pipe for a very, very, very good price - also, doing ECS kit for $5400 thought that was a tad high - any thoughts...?

Also, what should an average install cost approx for both these units...?

Thoughts on the best CAI for C7 StingRay ...?
DOUG @ ECS (04-11-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 07:18 PM
stab1991
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

You won’t need a CAI after the ECS install.
DOUG @ ECS (04-11-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 08:45 PM
Silverboost
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Sounds like based on your last post you are leaning toward a centrifugal. The big three A&A, ECS and Procharger are quality units. If you think you might want more power in the future I would opt for the larger head unit offered. A&A would be a TI, Procharger would be the D1X. These two are similar to the base head unit 1500 ECS offers. This is one of the reasons you see dyno differences between the manufactures because it is not a apples to apples comparison.
DOUG @ ECS (04-11-2018)
Old 04-11-2018, 10:24 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverboost
Sounds like based on your last post you are leaning toward a centrifugal. The big three A&A, ECS and Procharger are quality units. If you think you might want more power in the future I would opt for the larger head unit offered. A&A would be a TI, Procharger would be the D1X. These two are similar to the base head unit 1500 ECS offers. This is one of the reasons you see dyno differences between the manufactures because it is not a apples to apples comparison.

I'm glad that it is known that we start with the larger head unit with our base kit, we feel it "fits" better and obviously is more upgradable down the line.

Thank you to those with our supercharger kit or considering it, we greatly appreciate it!
Old 04-11-2018, 10:40 AM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

We use the ECS Novi 1500 kits primarily on vehicles like yours looking for a good jump in power at a value. The kits are extremely high quality with literally everything needed for a complete install and work very well on stock or lightly modified cars. The restrictor plate design works well also in keeping mid-range torque, and the ability to upgrade to a larger head unit for more power down the road is very simple with their systems. You really can't go wrong with any of them, but for a bang for the buck setup the ECS gets my vote
Chazzmania (04-12-2018)
Old 04-12-2018, 07:38 PM
Chazzmania
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

I am pretty much in your same shoes right now. I have Kook LT's with catless mid pipe, halltech CAI, and MSD intake manifold. I have been throwing the idea around of doing a cam and supercharger kit. I have heard great things about the ECS Kit and Procharger Kits. A lot of people swear by the ECS kits and a lot of shops speak highly of them. I think when the time comes that's the kit I will choose. Especially the simple head upgrade, cause we all know you always want more power eventually. Also what is the totally cost for the kit and install at your local shop plus tuning. Is 5400 just the cost for the kit?
Old 04-13-2018, 03:01 PM
John Micheal Henry
Drifting

Received 275 Likes on 195 Posts

Be sure to check out A&A before you buy anything.. Really..
Old 04-18-2018, 05:42 AM
Jaycajun
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

The A&A kit is fantastic and comes with the Innovators West balancer while the others don’t. The was the selling point for me. Installation is very easy and I was very impressed with the entire kit. Make sure you get the Ti and not the Si (same price) as you are likely gonna want more psi at some point in the future. A&A support is great and they answer the phone at all hours if you ever need help.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:30 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by John Micheal Henry
Be sure to check out A&A before you buy anything.. Really..
Originally Posted by Jaycajun
The A&A kit is fantastic and comes with the Innovators West balancer while the others don’t. The was the selling point for me. Installation is very easy and I was very impressed with the entire kit. Make sure you get the Ti and not the Si (same price) as you are likely gonna want more psi at some point in the future. A&A support is great and they answer the phone at all hours if you ever need help.
^^^ What they said. A&A for the win. Josh and Andy are great!

Ant
Old 04-18-2018, 02:31 PM
RDP Store
Supporting Vendor

Received 195 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by brettmess24

I have also been told the Eforce is the most reliable and the best complete kit available by more than one forum vendor on here. One of them happens to sell and install just about every option. RDP sells more than Eforce btw. Steve at RDP is a great resource and honest vendor. The Eforce is defenitely not the cheapest option and is $2k more than Procharger, ECS etc.
Thankyou kind sir
Old 04-25-2018, 05:09 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by ZZZorro
So I have a local speed shop here in my area who will do Stainless Works long tubes, high flow cats, X pipe for a very, very, very good price - also, doing ECS kit for $5400 thought that was a tad high - any thoughts...?

Also, what should an average install cost approx for both these units...?

Thoughts on the best CAI for C7 StingRay ...?
what do you plan on doing with the car? You're not providing much info for us to go on here.

Put a base kit on it and leave it for ~560-600 rwhp?
Do some track days but want a bit more power and worried about cooling?
Do 580 rwhp now but hope for more in the near future?
Maybe move to california?
Ability to easily return car to stock without having to re-buy parts?
Want a smooth linear powerband that screams up top?
Want a torque shove at 2k rpm + meaty tires to handle it?

All these questions will define which kit to use.

Get notified of new replies

To Benefits between manufacturers

Quick Reply: Benefits between manufacturers