When is it time for a secondary fuel system? - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion


C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When is it time for a secondary fuel system?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2018, 10:24 AM   #1  
GS owner
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Posts: 10
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default When is it time for a secondary fuel system?

when is it required for a secondary fuel system for the low side?... 700,800,900?

93 ,dual meth ,and a big supercharger and cam
GS owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:34 PM   #2  
robert miller
CF Senior Member
 
robert miller's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: cookeville tennessee
Posts: 24,855
Thanked 851 Times in 769 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS owner View Post
when is it required for a secondary fuel system for the low side?... 700,800,900?

93 ,dual meth ,and a big supercharger and cam
z06 are not plus does the cam have 32% r 38% fuel. If not a z06 & if you don't have the LT4 PUMP & INJ I would at 700 RWHP IF IT DONT RUN OUT BEFORE THEN.. If it is a z06 then a few vendors in here has gotten 800 from all the z06 stuff & 38% fuel on the cam also.... Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 04-16-2018 at 12:38 PM.
robert miller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to robert miller For This Useful Post:
GS owner (04-17-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 08:23 PM   #3  
GS owner
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Posts: 10
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert miller View Post
z06 are not plus does the cam have 32% r 38% fuel. If not a z06 & if you don't have the LT4 PUMP & INJ I would at 700 RWHP IF IT DONT RUN OUT BEFORE THEN.. If it is a z06 then a few vendors in here has gotten 800 from all the z06 stuff & 38% fuel on the cam also.... Robert
stingray,32 lobe,dual meth,z06 pump and injectors...shooting for 870rwhp
GS owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:22 PM   #4  
blue_bomber697
CF Senior Member
 
blue_bomber697's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2013
Location: Fort McMurray Alberta
Posts: 856
Thanked 60 Times in 51 Posts
Default

I didn't need the low side until after 800whp. Under 800 you should be fine, low 800's is highly recommended, above 850 is basically mandatory.

Your high side sounds covered.
blue_bomber697 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blue_bomber697 For This Useful Post:
GS owner (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 06:59 AM   #5  
GS owner
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Posts: 10
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_bomber697 View Post
I didn't need the low side until after 800whp. Under 800 you should be fine, low 800's is highly recommended, above 850 is basically mandatory.

Your high side sounds covered.
thankyou for the information makes a lot of sense on my end.Do u know were is best place to get one of these fuel systems?
GS owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:33 AM   #6  
blue_bomber697
CF Senior Member
 
blue_bomber697's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2013
Location: Fort McMurray Alberta
Posts: 856
Thanked 60 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS owner View Post
thankyou for the information makes a lot of sense on my end.Do u know were is best place to get one of these fuel systems?
I got mine from CPR as do most people. Its worked flawlessly so far and I've never heard of issues with his kit.
blue_bomber697 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blue_bomber697 For This Useful Post:
[email protected] (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 01:18 PM   #7  
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Support Corvetteforum!
 
FYREANT's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Lehigh Acres FL
Posts: 4,856
Thanked 545 Times in 357 Posts
Tech Contributor
Default

I have 850 wheel (mustang dyno) when I am not on e85, no low side work. I can run about E40 and the car will put down 900+ again on stock low side with dual M15 meth nozzles supplementing fuel.
FYREANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:37 PM   #8  
C7&7
CF Senior Member
 
C7&7's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: DFW TX
Posts: 4,693
Thanked 152 Times in 131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FYREANT View Post
I have 850 wheel (mustang dyno) when I am not on e85, no low side work. I can run about E40 and the car will put down 900+ again on stock low side with dual M15 meth nozzles supplementing fuel.
What Ant said here. The moment you want to run more than 15 psi or more than e40 you need a low side.
C7&7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • When is it time for a secondary fuel system?
  •  
     
    Reply


    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump

    Sponsored Ads
    Vendor Directory

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:49 AM.


    We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
     
    • Ask a Question
      Get answers from community experts
    Question Title:
    Description:
    Your question will be posted in: