C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vengeance Racing Whipple Charged C7 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 10:17 AM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Vengeance Racing Whipple Charged C7 Z06

We recently had the pleasure of working with Fadi from Virginia on his C7 Corvette Z06.
Fadi came to us looking to make good power out of the LT4 but wanted to change the LT4 blower out for an aftermarket option. After much discussion we decided to go with our Stage 4 performance package and upgrade to the beloved Whipple 2.9L blower. Now this required some additional work in order to get this blower to fit under the hood of the Z06 but Fadi was ready for the challenge and wanted something different. Our Stage 4 performance package consist of:

Halltech Stinger Cold Air Induction System
Innovators West 9% Overdrive Balancer
Vengeance Racing CNC LT4 Cylinder Heads
Vengeance Racing Cam Kit Plus – Stage III LT4 Camshaft
Nick Williams 102mm Gen V DBW Throttle body
American Racing stainless long tube header system with 3” X pipe
Vengeance Racing High Temperature protective heat sleeves
160* Thermostat

We Also added a few additional modifications to our package including:

Weapon X Motorsports C7 Z06 Whipple 2.9L Supercharger System (3.5” Pulley)
Circle D 258mm Pro-Series Torque Converter
Vengeance Racing Low-Side Auxiliary Fuel System
Vengeance Racing E85 Flex Fuel Sensor Kit
Alky Control Dual Nozzle Methanol Injection System

For the supercharger, we turned to our friends over at Weapon X Motorsports who are producing a Modified Whipple Blower for the C7 application. Once the blower arrived it was time to get to work. Here you can see huge size difference between the OEM 1.7L LT4 Blower and the 2.9L Whipple Blower. The Whipple blower is an excellent upgrade if you are looking at making more power out of the LT4 while maintaining a PD blower. Weapon X did a fantastic job with their kit and modifying the blower to allow fitment on the LT4 in the C7. This is a game changer for sure.

We have seen great gains when using the Whipple 2.9L on some of our other LT4 equipped vehicles and knew that this combination would make for an awesome street car with tons of torque for the customer. To feed the Whipple we added a Halltech Stinger Intake and Nick Williams 102mm DBW throttle Body. We installed American Racing Headers feeding into the OEM muffler section to give our customer the aggressive yet manageable sound he was looking for. With the addition of our Stage III camshaft and CNC ported cylinder heads, we landed on a 9% overdrive balancer and 3.5” upper pulley combination which netted us 14psi from the Whipple supercharger. To use our larger Stage III camshaft on the 8L90E transmission, we turned to Circle D and installed their 258mm Pro-Series Torque Converter with a 3,000 stall speed.

Once the install was complete we handed the keys over to our tuner. We were able to land at a final power level of 877rwhp and 771rwtq on our DynoJet chassis dyno on E85! With this combination the car is seeing over 700rwtq from 3,000 RPM all the way through the peak of the power band to make for a very fun car on the street. Our customer flew in from Virginia and drove his car the 9 hours home with a smile on his face the entire way.

Check out more of our Feature Builds, Performance Packages and Products at our website https://vengeanceracing.net/index.html. We have a wide range of performance parts on our online store for your LS or LT build. Feel free to contact us with any questions at Sales@VengeanceRacing.net or by phone @ 678-513-7105. We look forward to hearing from you.

And as always be sure to Like, Follow and Subscribe to Vengeance Racing on Social Media.
FaceBook @ Vengeance Racing
Instagram @ Vengeance Racing
YouTube @ Ronatvengeance

The following 2 users liked this post by Daniel@Vengeance:
Ben@WeaponX (06-06-2018), houdini13 (05-28-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 01:44 AM
BooSSted
Drifting

Received 309 Likes on 250 Posts

Very clean install and great results !
Old 05-28-2018, 10:29 AM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 439 Likes on 236 Posts

With the hoods on the 17-19' being taller does the Whipple still require clearance modifications? Also what do you think the power level change would be with just a blower swap stock vs. stock LT4? Last does the Whipple run cooler than the stock blower? It would be interesting to see a comparison of the Whipple, Edelbrock, and Maggie power differences between them all.

I have been contemplating getting a ZR1 or just swapping to a better blower. I want to keep running pump gas no alky but may consider E85.

Thanks
Old 05-28-2018, 03:34 PM
MCK_Z06
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinobi'sZ
With the hoods on the 17-19' being taller does the Whipple still require clearance modifications? Also what do you think the power level change would be with just a blower swap stock vs. stock LT4? Last does the Whipple run cooler than the stock blower? It would be interesting to see a comparison of the Whipple, Edelbrock, and Maggie power differences between them all.

I have been contemplating getting a ZR1 or just swapping to a better blower. I want to keep running pump gas no alky but may consider E85.

Thanks

The hoods on 17+ Z's are not actually taller they just have a different hood liner with a recessed area for the blower.
The Whipple does not require hood modification as far as I know but you do have to modify (cut/trim) the wiper cowl for it to fit though.

Last edited by MCK_Z06; 05-28-2018 at 03:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Shinobi'sZ (05-28-2018)
Old 05-28-2018, 04:01 PM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Shinobi'sZ

Thanks

The hood is not the issue as it cleared on this 2016 car without any problems. The issue is the cowl/wiper clearance as MCK_Z06 stated. I have not A-B tested just the blower to see any cooling changes, but imagine that it would do better due to the larger displacement and larger intercooler brick design. On other vehicles we do see more efficiency on the 2.9l Whipple over the 2.3l counterparts. With fueling and boost level being the main concern, I would not expect to see more than 60-80rwhp on the blower swap alone, but again this is all speculation since this is the only true test we've had and the car was obviously modified heavily.
The following users liked this post:
Shinobi'sZ (05-28-2018)
Old 06-03-2018, 09:33 AM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

Im guessing there is no used to swap the lil ***** 1.7 to the whipple on otherwise stock M7 car?? I know stock fuel system will support to 680WHP. So how about this, long tubes, CAI alky control dual noozle and a whipple, talking about 7k in parts plus tunes( i do my own install) and pullied to get around 14-16PSI. That would work, would it?? Also are selling the whipple kit or, its straight from Weapon X?
Old 06-04-2018, 09:42 AM
"BoneStock"
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by timmyZ06
Im guessing there is no used to swap the lil ***** 1.7 to the whipple on otherwise stock M7 car?? I know stock fuel system will support to 680WHP. So how about this, long tubes, CAI alky control dual noozle and a whipple, talking about 7k in parts plus tunes( i do my own install) and pullied to get around 14-16PSI. That would work, would it?? Also are selling the whipple kit or, its straight from Weapon X?
This is the setup i have on order currently. Weapon x is the only place selling them for the Z. Im hoping for 750-800whp.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:00 PM
MRSUPRA
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

I was thinking the same thing. Seems like a lot of extra work with a cam install.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:33 AM
"BoneStock"
Racer

Originally Posted by MRSUPRA
I was thinking the same thing. Seems like a lot of extra work with a cam install.
Cam install alone would be another 3-5k. I dont think its needed until after 800whp.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:49 AM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

The kit is from Weapon-X directly as of right now. Your plans are in line, and should be doable with a meth kit in place.

Originally Posted by "BoneStock"
Cam install alone would be another 3-5k. I dont think its needed until after 800whp.

While the camshaft would likely be "needed" to support that power level if you're already running headers and methanol injection, it is always highly recommended. The camshaft would allow the engine to produce more power with less boost, more fueling available with the larger lobe, as well as upgraded valvetrain components. Many have done it, but it always scares me to see 200+ HP added to an engine using stock AFM lifters, valve springs, pushrods, etc.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:02 PM
AZGASSER
Drifting

Received 289 Likes on 211 Posts

Do you have input back on how the cutting of area by the wiper is working? I don't drive in the rain but have had a couple down pours in the past. Do you have any pics of what the 2.9 looks installed at the back? I already have E, meth and headers in place. SC and internals are all that I need at this time. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by AZGASSER; 06-06-2018 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:47 PM
MCK_Z06
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by AZGASSER
Do you have input back on how the cutting of area by the wiper is working? I don't drive in the rain but have had a couple down pours in the past. Do you have any pics of what the 2.9 looks installed at the back? I already have E, meth and headers in place. SC and internals are all that I need at this time. Thanks in advance.
There are some pictures of the modified cowl in this thread.
I don't think it would affect the wipers or drainage at all.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-a-c7-z06.html

I have had my cowl apart a few times and there is not much going on in there. Its a lot of empty space as the wiper mechanism is really simplistic.

The cowl trim piece up top drains into the cowl and out the bottom anyway.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:55 PM
Southeast Beast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Let me guess the supercharger alone around is $14,000 with a couple choice options.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:25 AM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AZGASSER

No issues at all. It's tight but zero problems on wiper function.

Originally Posted by Southeast Beast
Let me guess the supercharger alone around is $14,000 with a couple choice options.

Weapon-X sells the kit starting at $6,999, and labor is less than a full day if just doing the blower install. There are some options on finishes for the supercharger or upgraded heat exchangers depending on how hard you plan to spin the blower or what power levels you are shooting for.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:54 PM
"BoneStock"
Racer

What are the details on your low side fuel system? Any pricing available?
Old 06-13-2018, 12:36 PM
Southeast Beast
Instructor

Originally Posted by David@Vengeance

Weapon-X sells the kit starting at $6,999, and labor is less than a full day if just doing the blower install. There are some options on finishes for the supercharger or upgraded heat exchangers depending on how hard you plan to spin the blower or what power levels you are shooting for.
🤔When i searched their website it was like double that.
I will call them & see if maybe i was wrong.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:42 PM
Southeast Beast
Instructor

Get notified of new replies

To Vengeance Racing Whipple Charged C7 Z06

Old 06-13-2018, 12:55 PM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

That is the LT1 kit, not the LT4 upgrade for the Z06...
Old 06-13-2018, 01:22 PM
"BoneStock"
Racer

https://weaponxmotorsports.com/colle...=4057787891739
Old 06-13-2018, 01:34 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Southeast Beast
🤔When i searched their website it was like double that.
I will call them & see if maybe i was wrong.
Yes David is correct, the LT1 kit essentially needs all of the LT4 swap parts and our HX to make it work, so it gets the pump, brackets, idlers etc. The Whipple LT4 kit just comes with a supercharger and pulley.

VR is one of the few authorized resellers for our C7 Whipple kits!

That is the LT1 kit, not the LT4 upgrade for the Z06...
PS you guys did a great job on that one!

Quick Reply: Vengeance Racing Whipple Charged C7 Z06