C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A YSI oil return line install - oil level on WET sump LT1?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 06:36 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Default A&A YSI oil return line install - oil level on WET sump LT1?

Does anyone know where the oil level sits inside the oil pan on a wet sump LT1 when filled with the appropriate amount of oil? Im going to be tapping the pan while its still on the car and need to make sure the return line is higher than the oil level but I don’t know where the level is by default..
Old 06-04-2018, 11:29 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

I know you may think I am being a smart azz ANT but in my c5 I did mine as high in the pan as I could go on it. It work fine just use vasoline on the tap then chged the oil. I did it on the pass/side to the front of the pan. Robert
Old 06-05-2018, 12:50 AM
black_c7
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
Does anyone know where the oil level sits inside the oil pan on a wet sump LT1 when filled with the appropriate amount of oil? Im going to be tapping the pan while its still on the car and need to make sure the return line is higher than the oil level but I don’t know where the level is by default..
Send me your email, i will forward you what josh from a&a sent me, mine is a dry sump maybe it will give you an idea
Old 06-05-2018, 06:01 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by robert miller
I know you may think I am being a smart azz ANT but in my c5 I did mine as high in the pan as I could go on it. It work fine just use vasoline on the tap then chged the oil. I did it on the pass/side to the front of the pan. Robert
Thats the plan.. lol

Originally Posted by black_c7
Send me your email, i will forward you what josh from a&a sent me, mine is a dry sump maybe it will give you an idea
Thanks, I actually have a couple photos from A&A for the install (surprisingly the height of where its tapped is not the same in the photos of the two installs though. Thats one of the reasons for my question as to where the oil level is. Also oil level will be totally different on a wet sump I believe.

I think you have my email and IG already but I’ll send it
Old 06-05-2018, 11:00 AM
black_c7
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
Thats the plan.. lol

Thanks, I actually have a couple photos from A&A for the install (surprisingly the height of where its tapped is not the same in the photos of the two installs though. Thats one of the reasons for my question as to where the oil level is. Also oil level will be totally different on a wet sump I believe.

I think you have my email and IG already but I’ll send it
A&a pictures shows that they put it on the driver side next to the okl filter, i have put mine on the passenger side as high as I could, try to put a preoilfilter fir the return line, when I broke my ysi a lot of the broken gears chunk went in the pan, i was lucky nothing went wrong because I turned the car off right away and did 3 oil changes in 150 mile to make sure all of it is out of the engine

Lol I remember i sent you an email before but couldn’t remember which one was your email, already sent you the pictures
Old 06-06-2018, 11:16 AM
ysb02
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
I did my ysi line in the front for my c5 (stock batwing oil pan), did you do the same pace?
Old 06-06-2018, 04:36 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by ysb02
I did my ysi line in the front for my c5 (stock batwing oil pan), did you do the same pace?
I used the other oil pan & did it on the pass/side was better for me with all the intercooler piping. & with the drain line coming down from the YSI that was mounted on the pass/side also..Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 06-06-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To A&A YSI oil return line install - oil level on WET sump LT1?

Quick Reply: A&A YSI oil return line install - oil level on WET sump LT1?