C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few A&A questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 06:56 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Just because I was starting to think I was crazy, I looked at the guide that I have. Page 6 shows shortening the radiator hose. My guess is they removed it from the guide.

Ant
Old 06-12-2018, 10:22 AM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by only9balls
I was actually able to relocate the trans cooler It did require a small bit of fabrication though.
Let’s see where you moved the transcooler please.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:50 PM
only9balls
Burning Brakes

Received 192 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by ricmalaz
I just finished my self install of the A&A Si on my 2016 Z51 and got it tuned today. Did not have to drain the coolant.

You are a better man than I! I could not get the stinkin sway bar out without removing that little hose on the drivers side.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:52 PM
only9balls
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FYREANT
Just because I was starting to think I was crazy, I looked at the guide that I have. Page 6 shows shortening the radiator hose. My guess is they removed it from the guide.

Ant

Wait... you got a guide? I have been going off of the instructions on the website! I suppose I should check and see if there was a guide in mine as well
Old 06-12-2018, 06:57 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Wait... you got a guide? I have been going off of the instructions on the website! I suppose I should check and see if there was a guide in mine as well
Yes, there is indeed a guide specific to the C7 lol. Its 42 pages though. I’m not sure if I can add is as an attachment somehow. Lemme see..
Old 06-12-2018, 07:01 PM
only9balls
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by chefcg1
Let’s see where you moved the transcooler please.

I mounted it above the intercooler, to the underside of the aluminum crash bar, by drilling and tapping two 6mm holes and using the original mounting bolts. I had to trim the mounting tabs down to one hole on each side (took the back holes off), in order to fit it between the plastic shroud sides, as well as trim some more of the drivers side of the shroud to clearance the hoses. My only fear is that I may have reduced airflow too much to the radiator by blocking that area, if I have issues with coolant temps, I will revisit this setup.

Last edited by only9balls; 06-12-2018 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:26 AM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

I mounted it above the intercooler, to the underside of the aluminum crash bar, by drilling and tapping two 6mm holes and using the original mounting bolts. I had to trim the mounting tabs down to one hole on each side (took the back holes off), in order to fit it between the plastic shroud sides, as well as trim some more of the drivers side of the shroud to clearance the hoses. My only fear is that I may have reduced airflow too much to the radiator by blocking that area, if I have issues with coolant temps, I will revisit this setup.

Yeah that might have some negative cooling affect for the radiator. Thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: A few A&A questions