C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is How a 1000HP Build Should Be Done!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 06:59 PM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Received 629 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06*Mike
To me, that does not sound like something I would want to drive daily. Trailer to the track, race, put back on trailer and repeat. Hope it gets better for you.
Guys, this is the first we are hearing about this. The only reason we are hearing about this is because another customer sent us this link. We will be calling the owner of the vehicle in the morning to speak with him. Just like any build, we stand behind our work 100%. This is a 1000HP car that can be daily driven.

From the sound of it, the car has a LARGE cam(Customer requested) in it causing it to "shake" at idle and low speeds. The customer was made aware when installing large cam shafts vehicles will "rock" at idle and at low speeds. This customer was also made aware of this and had zero concerns about it because he declined buying an aftermarket torque converter. His goal was to have 1000HP at the flywheel and also having it CHOP as hard as possible.

Hope this answers any questions.
Current C7 World Record Holder 7.55 @ 184 MPH

Quickest and Fastest GEN5 LT Powered Vehicle
LMR1200HP Supercharged C7 8.84 @ 160
LMR1200HP Twin Turbo C7 9.35@155mph-2014
2 TIME OUTLAW DRAG RADIAL LSX CHAMPION 2008/2010
9.47 ZR1 Corvette-2009
LATE MODEL RACECRAFT
713-466-9900
LateModelRacecraft.com

Too many PMs, please call or email instead, thanks!
The following 2 users liked this post by Late Model Racecraft:
DustyShamrock (02-29-2024), Z06*Mike (09-26-2018)
Old 09-26-2018, 07:06 PM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Tried calling OP twice and received "Voicemail has not been setup yet"
Old 09-26-2018, 09:31 PM
Ghostnotes
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Had a G8GT that had a cam close to the one i listed above, installed straight up +0 on a 112. Stock stall. I was told by a certain so called GURU who is on this forum that it would run like crap and push like hell on a stock stall no matter what. Couldn't be more wrong.

It was a trurd in the hole at first, but some timing and i jector work did wonders and i walked everything NA that came out of his garage. If the cam is aroumd the same size, a lot of the push can be taken care of.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:30 AM
lmr2017gs
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just saw the post from LMR they did try to contact me and i call back 3 times,, as for the comments like i said before the build was good work, i just had a few issues, but i never asked for a larger camshaft in fact i ask if the car needs a torque converter with the cam that comes with 1000 hp kit, I was advised NO!.. I understand the shake with the lope of the cam, it hard to explain what it doing, its like if you driving a manual and have it in a to high gear begin move and jerks. ill be calling Steven today.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:46 AM
Ghostnotes
Racer

Torque tables are off for starters I'd say.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:18 AM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by lmr2017gs
i just saw the post from LMR they did try to contact me and i call back 3 times,, as for the comments like i said before the build was good work, i just had a few issues, but i never asked for a larger camshaft in fact i ask if the car needs a torque converter with the cam that comes with 1000 hp kit, I was advised NO!.. I understand the shake with the lope of the cam, it hard to explain what it doing, its like if you driving a manual and have it in a to high gear begin move and jerks. ill be calling Steven today.

I will be gladly waiting for your call today sir during business hours!
Old 09-28-2018, 08:09 AM
lmr2017gs
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They have reached out to retune car.... As i have always said in my post they don good work!!!
Old 09-28-2018, 11:48 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 865 Likes on 601 Posts

They have reached out to retune car.... As i have always said in my post they don good work!!!
Good deal. Another example of just picking up the phone to get things done. Not rely on a vendor to be on a forum all day every day.
The following users liked this post:
DustyShamrock (02-29-2024)
Old 09-10-2023, 07:59 PM
SlidinSideWayzProduc
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow he got what he paid for simple!!

Originally Posted by Late Model Racecraft
Guys, this is the first we are hearing about this. The only reason we are hearing about this is because another customer sent us this link. We will be calling the owner of the vehicle in the morning to speak with him. Just like any build, we stand behind our work 100%. This is a 1000HP car that can be daily driven.

From the sound of it, the car has a LARGE cam(Customer requested) in it causing it to "shake" at idle and low speeds. The customer was made aware when installing large cam shafts vehicles will "rock" at idle and at low speeds. This customer was also made aware of this and had zero concerns about it because he declined buying an aftermarket torque converter. His goal was to have 1000HP at the flywheel and also having it CHOP as hard as possible.

Hope this answers any questions.
Thats exactly what u get when u get a large cam drive-ability is hard to obtain specially in an auto car!
Old 09-10-2023, 09:43 PM
Ghostnotes
Racer

Originally Posted by SlidinSideWayzProduc
Thats exactly what u get when u get a large cam drive-ability is hard to obtain specially in an auto car!
I have a very large cam and getting it tuned was a PITA. Took me about a week back in 2016. Nice and happy now.
A lot of novice tuners will see my wideband and tell me my tune is off because it swings +/- 5% condtantly at idle, but they dont understand how it idles so smooth.....cam dynamices. Getting the idle tables right AND getting the VT/VVE tuned helps immensely. I still see GEN V with MAF only tunes.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:11 AM
mike cole
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am the new owner

I'm the owner of the Grand Sport. workmanship and install is great, only issue is drive ability is not that great. its like riding a bucking bronco at red lights and stop signs moving up in traffic,pulling in GARAGE, PARKING ETC.. Once you moving drive ability is better. its shifts at 2000( in drive) in drive sounds like values floating and knocking(like a diesel and loud noise rushing sound think transmission until you reach your speed) as you accelerate. shifts over 2300 better ( in manual mode) it is better. cruising ok as long as it is not over 91 degrees w/ac on then it over heats. Hoping gets better when finally broke in.
I am the new owner I would like to talk to the old owner if they ever get this postI would like to talk to the old owner if they ever get this post mike@lightning-concrete.com
Old 01-13-2024, 11:30 AM
westsdad
Instructor

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by mike cole
I am the new owner I would like to talk to the old owner if they ever get this post mike@lightning-concrete.com
You should DM @lmr2017gs as they may have unsubscribed from this thread.

Last edited by westsdad; 01-13-2024 at 11:48 AM.

Quick Reply: This is How a 1000HP Build Should Be Done!