C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Procharger - Spark plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 10:39 AM
e4life82
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuclearranger
No, but I never asked either.

They had to provide 6 different tunes before they solved the lurches. That being said the tuner told me it was still pretty poor quality. I gained nearly 70 hp and tq just with the custom tune. Went from 530 to 593
Yea that’s ridiculous, I bought complete kit with their tune with the notion of eventually getting a custom tune after swapping to LT4 HPFP and injectors later on but may just do all that now and not even deal with Prochargers tune after hearing your horror story lol
Old 12-15-2018, 12:53 PM
Nuclearranger
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by e4life82

Yea that’s ridiculous, I bought complete kit with their tune with the notion of eventually getting a custom tune after swapping to LT4 HPFP and injectors later on but may just do all that now and not even deal with Prochargers tune after hearing your horror story lol
I am not even close to the only one. Another forum user sent me their tune to try and it was labeled "procharger 5" so this is common for them apparently...
Old 12-19-2018, 08:40 PM
only9balls
Burning Brakes

Received 192 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuclearranger
Nope, the lurching was caused by a bad tune sent by Procharger. 100% fixed after custom tune.
After having some time with my A&A kit, it does some pretty crazy lurching as well sometimes, usually when you hold it in mid-to high throttle but not wide open in the upper RPM ranges (like a spirited acceleration to avoid tire spin, but not full commitment to WOT). It's like the ECU can't figure out WTH is going on, and the car lurches like crazy. I think I need to get it down to Andy at A&A and have him give it a once over (he is not the original tuner...)

Last edited by only9balls; 12-19-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:26 PM
Nuclearranger
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by only9balls
After having some time with my A&A kit, it does some pretty crazy lurching as well sometimes, usually when you hold it in mid-to high throttle but not wide open in the upper RPM ranges (like a spirited acceleration to avoid tire spin, but not full commitment to WOT). It's like the ECU can't figure out WTH is going on, and the car lurches like crazy. I think I need to get it down to Andy at A&A and have him give it a once over (he is not the original tuner...)
Yeah, mine did the same. When my tuner fixed it he said it was likely coming from the car falling back from one sensor to another for air2fuel... I'd have to ask specifically.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:04 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by only9balls
At about 60% throttle is where the bypass valve closes. Are you sure you're not just repeatedly opening and closing the valve? That will happen to my car and it will go from say 400 HP to 600 HP and back in a second..
Old 12-20-2018, 12:41 PM
only9balls
Burning Brakes

Received 192 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow
At about 60% throttle is where the bypass valve closes. Are you sure you're not just repeatedly opening and closing the valve? That will happen to my car and it will go from say 400 HP to 600 HP and back in a second..
That sounds kind of like what could be going on, but not 100% sure, this is the first time I have used a centri blower, so I need to learn more about the characteristics as to what is normal and what isn't. I can pretty much drive around the issue, but every once in a while it happens during partial throttle acceleration.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:29 PM
Fast6.3
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

I have a v3 ti Cordes Performance did the tuning two years ago no issues car runs like a champ.Its all in the man doing the tuning
The following users liked this post:
Old 02-05-2019, 03:57 PM
Ghostnotes
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow
i have the 50mm Raceport. Are those adjustable?
I see what looks like an adjustment screw..

Quick Reply: Installing Procharger - Spark plugs?