C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My F1A-94 + Crawford Racing Port Injection build thread...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 06:32 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Secondary fuel pump tested and working perfect so I went ahead and soldered and heat shrinked the Holley secondary fuel pump wire which we can do fuel pump line tests using the holley touchscreen aka holley software.

I also installed my F1A-94 that was a breeze. Put belt on before I installed all mounting bolts which made it super easy. Locktighted 3 mounting bolts and torqued to spec. I neatened up the other CRFueler wires, getting ready to tap into the flex fuel wire, then mount the Holley ECU, finally going through firewall to the accelerator pedal and CAN cable to 3.5" touchscreen.

Uses a Gates HD BELT over the Procharger in fact have a couple of those gates belts they are much nicer even just looking at them it’s easy to see the difference in quality.

Intercooler and piping goes in tomorrow. Will test fire up the engine check for leaks, then finish the Secondary Port Injection setup. Tuesday should be good for road tests!

Will TIG weld the 46mm Precision wastegate after I ensure everything else is sound just keeping things as simple as they can be, albeit this isn't a simple build...

Last edited by C5-VERT; 10-22-2018 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:29 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Intercooler mounted and I routed the extra heat exchanger the way Procharger said and showed in pics, but no way it's going to stretch over enough to fit. So looks like now I have to pull the right subframe down again and re-route the heat exchanger hoses. What I am thinking I may do tomorrow is just pull out the radiator and hoses just drain the coolant. I think that will allow me much more room to fit the silicone hoses and bypass valve in first. Rather than trying to fit it in like this b/c I won't lie this is going to be a PAIN IN THE ***. I would rather just drain the coolant and deal with that rather than slicing my hands to shreds dealing with fitting it. Tomorrow is the day, I hope. Once this is done I can hook up the intake sensors and bolt that down, then crank her up! So so close!!

Old 10-23-2018, 03:26 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Removing the radiator and disconnecting the secondary heat exchanger (2017 + models M7) it allowed me so much more room to take my time and route it properly. Would highly recommend this. Easy to refill coolant.

I tested the fuel system (Chris provided me a Holley tune that let's me test with 50% throttle with ACC on). Working perfectly I even let it run to a bucket for a while to clear out lines before I finally tied it all back in.

Heading to town now to get more coolant. When back intake goes on, radiator back in. Fan in. Holley computer hooked up, fuse block in, car cranking hopefully this afternoon!

H
Old 10-24-2018, 10:42 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Got the radiator back in, took me a while to figure out the best way to route the hoses. I trimmed the fan shroud so all my heat exchanger hoses weren't pinched in any way. It's fitting super nice after being trimmed. I also had to move the radiator hoses around a bit to make sure the hood closes. That left shock hits the charge pipe/hose so it takes some time to get that properly routed. Finally, I have the CRFueler wires routed and all covered with more heat wrap (the ones that run close to the headers. The last bit I have is to put the intake on which I am doing now, then running the last Holley wire through the interior which needs to be hooked to the accelerator pedal (using harnesses) and one for CAN (my 3.5" touchscreen). So not far to go!

Old 10-24-2018, 02:01 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Intake was a bitch I had to relocate the rear MAP sensor I wish the G1Pro intakes thought this through a bit more and placed it near middle or where there is more room. Secondly the adapters for the G1Pro intake fuel rails would not let me get the bolts through so I had to take the entire fuel rails back off again. That was time consuming to drill and retap the MAP sensor holes. I was then able to get the intake on, YAY.

My next issue is the G1Pro moves the EVAP solenoid to the other side, so now I have to extend the damn harness, UGH MORE WORK.

Finally and a showstopper, the Katech 103mm throttle body outer is much larger than the stock so the Procharger intake coupling won't fit! Damnit!! Now I am stuck and will have to order a larger one. I thought the Katech TB had the same outer as stock which allowed it to fit with stock intakes or aftermarket. Boy was I wrong.

Old 10-24-2018, 02:34 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

If you noticed on some pics above I have a Silicone Intakes port system I forgot to mention that keeps me from having to drill and tap a 1/8 NPT port in my Procharger. I didn't really want to do that in case I sell it later. So the next best thing (keeping the port as close to supercharger output for maximum pressure) is a port addition. Super easy just cut a hole and throw this in: Silicone Port System This holds up to 50psi. I will report back with any issues. Easy to install!

Here is the reducer I ordered for the Katech 103mm throttle body: 45 degree 4" to 3" reducer coupling (for 103mm throttle body)

Earl H had a good point sent me a text a bit ago. I will just throw my stock throttle body on for now until this comes in. I overnighted it so should have it tomorrow or Friday then I can throw the 103mm TB back on.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:50 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Yeah that’s what I was going to say. Put the stock TB on there, doesn’t make that much difference on centri setups regardless.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:21 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Yeah that’s what I was going to say. Put the stock TB on there, doesn’t make that much difference on centri setups regardless.
Agreed Earl was telling me someone is running 8's with a stock TB. I was going to do that last night but I realized I have a 103mm G1Pro intake, the gasket didn't line up. I also totally forgot I ordered an MSD adapter plate a long time ago for this very reason before I got the Katech TB. It was a long day lots of little issues today will definitely be the BIG DAY! Thank you! Hope this post helps people I will sum up the issues / etc when I am done!
Old 10-25-2018, 07:22 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Teaching my boy early about E85, detonation, octane ratings, what all that means in cars like this. He loves it! Daddy's big helper!

Old 10-25-2018, 07:27 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Finished bringing my accelorator pedal and CAN (for 3.5" touchscreen) through my middle console and through passenger firewall. Don't freak out when you see more computers and panels behind the passenger footrest carpet. You can still feed wires down behind it easy.

I tied my 12v ACC wire (soldered) into the 12v spare sensor harness from under hood, which runs inside the car to my 3.5" touchscreen. Chris now makes this into the harness I just ordered the touchscreen after my kit so it was left off.

I used a TIG welding rod to go through the grommet in my passenger side. You can push right down through then tape the harness to the end and pull back through easy. First you must take the same rod and go from the driver side accel pedal harness, tie that in, then feed the wires behind the console (you can pull the carpet back and push through the foam / metal right behind the stick shift). That kept me from taking apart my entire dash to get those wires across.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:36 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

With the G1Pro intake the EVAP solenoid is on the other side so I had to lengthen and solder/heat shrink an extra length of wire for it. Wrapped it in heat protect loom.

Old 10-25-2018, 08:37 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Fuel pressure held at 55psi all night. Good sign not a single leak!

Old 10-25-2018, 08:38 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Got my new 4" to 3" reducer which now fits over the 103mm Katech TB. I couldn't use the stock TB b/c the G1Pro is setup for 103mm.

Old 10-25-2018, 08:39 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Procharger drain line for easy oil changes zip tied to crossmember.

Old 10-25-2018, 08:39 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Secondary heat exchanger lines neatened up by Big Red!

Old 10-25-2018, 08:41 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Relay for secondary fuel pump screwed to frame. Wires neatened up.

Old 10-25-2018, 08:43 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Cut through body under hood to route the CRFueler Holley 2.0 computer harnesses and USB (which routes inside car for laptop tuning if I don't want to use the touchscreen). I also mounted the computer under the fenderwell where most mount secondary port injection system computers.

Get notified of new replies

To My F1A-94 + Crawford Racing Port Injection build thread...

Old 10-25-2018, 08:47 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Got her fired up!!! Had some misfires found out she was running lean. Chris Crawford worked with me by sending him logs and instantly sending me back tunes. Got her running pretty damn good idles just a little rough I have one more tune to load in morning Chris sent. But literally within an hour it went from rough to smooth! Thanks Chris!! You da man!

Tomorrow tying in last thing the flex fuel wire, have to pull the fender out a bit. Can't do it on my rack. Hood and front bumper/spoiler goes on then it's ready to rock!! I already put rear fender well and brake ducts back in and the secondary fuel pump and filter didn't interfere ONE BIT!! Sweet!!

Old 10-25-2018, 08:53 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

It's not pretty yet but she runs!!! Going to TIG weld my 46mm Precision wastegate on the charge pipe once we get tuning dialed in. That would allow me to pull boost out instead of timing to reduce power on 93 octane. Really a neat way of taking power out of these procharged cars to protect the engine. Going to get much better with tuning and understanding it.

The following users liked this post:
schpenxel (10-28-2018)
Old 10-28-2018, 07:33 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Car is complete minus my precision wastegate but I wanted to get it dialed in first before adding more complexity. It’s running lean but OMG is this car a beast!!! I am blown away by how mean it sounds and feels!! So worth doing this build myself it feels so gratifying. Chris is taking my logs from Holley and working on dialing me in but man oh man am I happy. It’s just working so well idling great pulling hard. A totally different power curve but I like it the F1A-94 hits a little above 3200 and just starts putting you back in the seat like a jet!! I can’t wait to even know it has more power on tap!! I will get some vids soon once its dialed in. Hope this post helps those understand how all this comes together. Here to help with anyone with questions.

Whats so cool is hearing that secondary fuel pump kick in on boost behind me just telling me it’s pushing fuel like a beast!! It’s keeping fuel pressure steady as a rock also. Pretty proud of myself for doing all this on my own learning as I go without LT4 platforms.

Thanks to Chris, Earl, and Drew for always checking on me and helping!! Good people for sure!

Quick Reply: My F1A-94 + Crawford Racing Port Injection build thread...