C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My F1A-94 + Crawford Racing Port Injection build thread...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 08:26 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default My F1A-94 + Crawford Racing Port Injection build thread...

Finally getting this thing moving. Wanted to get my 2 post lift installed, then had some kid events before school started back for them, but here I go.

Mod list:
Signature SV307S 2-Piece wheels with Cup2's, F1A-94 Procharger @ 18psi, G1Pro Custom Intake 103mm w/ Holley Rails, FIC 1000cc port injectors, Crawford Racing HRFueler Holley 2.0 w/ Boost control Supplemental Port Injection, Holley 3.5" Touchscreen, E85 Flex Fuel sensor, 46mm Precision wastegate to control boost up top (bring more in low), Fore Fittings/Lines, Katech 103mm Throttle Body, Brisk Silver 1 step colder spark plugs, MSD Wires, HP Tuners V2, WeaponX 750 MagnaFuel LowSide Fuel System completely reworked with my on design and new Fore FlexLP lines (Fore Checkvalve, Aeromotive Filter, Aeromotive Regulator), Kooks 2" long tubes, Kooks 3" x-pipe, Borla ATAK NPP exhaust w/ Diffuser, maybe forgetting some other items but that's the main list...

I installed my Kooks long tubes + 3" x-pipe thinking ahead b/c I had to remove my starter to tie in the Crank Sensor for the Holley 2.0 system. So far I have my long tubes + x-pipe on and yes those back bolts were a bitch! But jacking the motor up helped a good deal getting the stock manifolds out, as well as the kooks in.

Tonight I got my Holley fuel rails installed on my G1Pro LTx manifold. I had to drill out the holes as they come sealed by default. I used a Dremel to deburr the holes and ensure no metal will come off later, as well as ensuring the fuel injector spray pattern won't be inhibited by the nozzle path that was drilled and opened up. I think they turned out nice. I have some better grade M10 1.5 40mm black bolts for the upper rail mounts on order but you get the point.

Drilled out and deburred the G1Pro LTx intake for port injection. Make sure you put some dish soap on those injector o-rings so they don't bind on install!

Tomorrow afternoon I will be removing the bumper (again), hood (again), factory supercharger, intercooler, pump, brackets, hoses, etc. Preparing for tying in the Holley 2.0 harnesses then the F1A-94 supercharger install. Finally I will jump over to the WeaponX Low Side system and tie in all the Fore lines and fittings to the port injection system. Lastly I have to weld the 46mm precision wastegate flange to the mild steel procharger charge tube then get it ready for Chris Crawford to tune. Fun begins!!

Last edited by C5-VERT; 10-18-2018 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Updated
Old 08-13-2018, 11:02 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Sounds like you got it going now post more pic's as you go just love **** like this. Robert
The following users liked this post:
C5-VERT (08-14-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 11:31 PM
Drew27
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts

Nice setup.... Keep pics coming

Hows the horses?
Old 08-14-2018, 10:29 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by Drew27
Nice setup.... Keep pics coming

Hows the horses?
Thanks, Drew. Yeah, it's hotter than a ***** in church right now which kills some of the fun in this but it's at least moving now. I want to take my time with all the holley wiring harnesses (quite a few to say the least). It should come together within a week or two. Just working afternoons on it and plan on a good weekend, possibly getting it wrapped up. I have to weld an extension on the flange for the precision wastegate so I can bevel it to match the pipe radius. They didn't give me enough material to cut so that makes that task quite a bit more involved. At least it's stainless and not aluminum...

Horses are just fine, had one get away from me the other morning she just decided to roam the yard for an hour before I could catch her. She is an ex race horse (thoroughbred) so a little crazy in the head. You won't catch her until she wants you to :-).

BTW, hows your build? You done ?
Old 08-14-2018, 02:21 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Good stuff Chris!
C5-VERT (08-15-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 02:23 PM
0Crawford-Racing.com
Former Vendor

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Should be an awesome build!!!
C5-VERT (08-15-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 07:22 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Procharger bracket assembly complete.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:38 PM
Drew27
Racer

Mines running excellent.....

gotta race this week with a 416 f1x holley c7z06.....
Should be a good 1... will post a video of it.

Well atleast you got your work out in getting the horse....

Goodluck on install...any ? Give me a shout....

p.s. Don't forget to put the oil in the procharger
Old 08-17-2018, 09:48 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Mines running excellent.....

gotta race this week with a 416 f1x holley c7z06.....
Should be a good 1... will post a video of it.

Well atleast you got your work out in getting the horse....

Goodluck on install...any ? Give me a shout....

p.s. Don't forget to put the oil in the procharger
Lol I have 4 bottles of PC oil so plan on doing that every oil change in my ride. Yeah wow that would be bad if I forgot that pretty sure it's why they put that big white tag on top.

Would love to see that VID and good luck and more importantly be safe!

I talked with Chris he is shooting me a fitting to tie my fuel pressure sensor in the back of my rails so it's dead center of rear loop reading fuel pressure, which is about as close to the injectors as you can get. Also sending me some hard tubing for my precision wastegate, which I tapped into for an extra DOME pressure reading for the DOME pressure sensor from Holley. I am running all of the harnesses tomorrow with my low pressure WeaponX system since my aeromotive regulator is also tied into boost pressure. Lots of lines to run for sure.

I have a new AC/DC TIG welder on order should be here next week so I can do some nice welds on my precision wastegate flange. I was going to use my MIG but the charge pipe is quite thin so I prefer to TIG it. I have a bung for the pressure sensor to screw in as well which I need to TIG on the compressor side. Not sure if there is enough material to just tap into on that PC. Will see...

I also purchased the Holley 3.5 touchscreen so I can log data, change tunes on the fly, and also see real-time data such as ethanol content, wideband O2 readings, etc. Pretty sweet. It's going to come together fast over this weekend so much fun!

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/553-108
Old 08-17-2018, 01:22 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by C5-VERT
Lol I have 4 bottles of PC oil so plan on doing that every oil change in my ride. Yeah wow that would be bad if I forgot that pretty sure it's why they put that big white tag on top.

Would love to see that VID and good luck and more importantly be safe!

I talked with Chris he is shooting me a fitting to tie my fuel pressure sensor in the back of my rails so it's dead center of rear loop reading fuel pressure, which is about as close to the injectors as you can get. Also sending me some hard tubing for my precision wastegate, which I tapped into for an extra DOME pressure reading for the DOME pressure sensor from Holley. I am running all of the harnesses tomorrow with my low pressure WeaponX system since my aeromotive regulator is also tied into boost pressure. Lots of lines to run for sure.

I have a new AC/DC TIG welder on order should be here next week so I can do some nice welds on my precision wastegate flange. I was going to use my MIG but the charge pipe is quite thin so I prefer to TIG it. I have a bung for the pressure sensor to screw in as well which I need to TIG on the compressor side. Not sure if there is enough material to just tap into on that PC. Will see...

I also purchased the Holley 3.5 touchscreen so I can log data, change tunes on the fly, and also see real-time data such as ethanol content, wideband O2 readings, etc. Pretty sweet. It's going to come together fast over this weekend so much fun!

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/553-108
Looks like you are getting stuff done man build looks good on the intake. Wish I could weld like that I would be so bad on it Man post pic's as you go on this looks good man.. Robert
C5-VERT (08-17-2018)
Old 08-17-2018, 01:51 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by robert miller
Looks like you are getting stuff done man build looks good on the intake. Wish I could weld like that I would be so bad on it Man post pic's as you go on this looks good man.. Robert
Absolutely Robert plan on getting at it tomorrow. Have to chaperone at kids football game tonight so a little monkey wrench on working tonight ;-). Tomorrow should be a good day!
Old 08-17-2018, 02:35 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by C5-VERT
Absolutely Robert plan on getting at it tomorrow. Have to chaperone at kids football game tonight so a little monkey wrench on working tonight ;-). Tomorrow should be a good day!
Believe me I know what you mean with kids & having to run them here & their Back in the day of that, I had two & was a single parent. But today seems to be worse with more stuff that they have to play & get into diff games at school these days

Last edited by robert miller; 08-17-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:18 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Finally cooled off enough for me to enjoy moving on my build. I had a $2100 low side system from WeaponX with upgraded Magnafuel 750 lph pump, but they forgot to include the fittings and lines that tie into the rear fuel line. I contacted Ben via PM's but no response then I got a new response saying that low side wasn't mean for port injection. Regardless I still would have liked the parts to tie it into the rear line. Long story short I just scrapped all their lines and harnesses and purchased -8an Fore FlexLP line as my feed line, and -6an Fore FlexLP line as my return line. Instead of tying in at back of car I am running dedicated lines all the way up front (better anyway than sharing the hard line) and moving the Aeromotive regulator, Fore CheckValve, and Aeromotive Filter all up front. I have a diagram of my system I laid out just going to swap the Filter and Check Valve around. I will be running my fuel lines and drilling into my tank today. I already have my intake done with injections, and made an equalizing -6An fuel line in rear of Holley Rails that now contains my Flex Fuel sensor and Fuel Pressure sensor. That saves space and makes it clean and hidden. I have all my HRFueler Holley 2.0 harnesses ran and zip tied cleanly. I test fitted my intake last night going to have to remove my cowl and trim back some padding so I can push it back an inch. Chris Crawford told me how to do that without cutting through the felt, keeping it clean. Once I get the fuel lines ran tonight I have dedicated 8 Guage wire for my relay from my battery that will feed my Magnafuel pump. The ACC for the pump relay will come from the Holley system so we can adjust the secondary pump coming on at any combination of throttle/load/boost. I have a 3.5" touchscreen with SD card in my car so I can easily add tunes or adjust on the fly. I got my Argon tank filled up this morning so I can TIG weld my 46 precision wastegate to my charge pipe tomorrow/mid week. Then it's just a matter of installing my intercooler, piping, and F1A-94 procharger. This should be a good week been torn down for nearly 2.5 months now I am so ready to crank this bad boy up!

I had to scrap the Fore Ferrel Style fittings (about $250 worth of fittings) in order to revamp with all FlexLP stuff. The WeaponX low side was $2100 and I put another $650 in fittings, lines, check valves, filter, wire, etc. Live and learn I guess. Regardless I am really enjoying working on this build this is so much fun making mistakes and learning and working through issues. Had some missing parts from ProCharger they sent last week that was another hold up.

Last edited by C5-VERT; 10-08-2018 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:18 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Old 10-08-2018, 12:46 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Decided on a "dead head return" style fuel system. I was going to run the fuel through the rails and end on the regulator such as a "bypass return system", but prefer the "dead head return" style. This way I can read fuel pressure equalized at read of fuel rails and ensure each rail is supplied 100% equal fuel Y'ing before it hits both, versus going through one and around to the next.

Last edited by C5-VERT; 10-09-2018 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 05:00 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Think I am going to move my check valve to right before my Y which essentially blocks the factory fuel pressure from backfeeding into my secondary pump / regulator. Moving it as close to factory fuel connection to me is a better design. Installing this afternoon will have more updates with progress and pitfalls or issues. Hopefully it’s good to go now that my aeromotive filter arrived with some new Fore fittings I needed.

Love this FlexLP line it’s so much better to work with than the Ferrell style fittings. Also reusable which is nice.

Old 10-08-2018, 06:16 PM
Drew27
Racer

Looking good....

Get going cause you have another storm coming.

Get notified of new replies

To My F1A-94 + Crawford Racing Port Injection build thread...

Old 10-08-2018, 06:52 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Good thread!
Old 10-08-2018, 08:12 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Looking good....

Get going cause you have another storm coming.
lol yeah I know I can’t win right!! And to top it off it’s Hurricane “Me”.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:01 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Talking with Chris Crawford asked him about the Regulator being before the Y then it hit me with the check valve where it is there is no way to regulate BOTH the factory + low side together properly. So going to move the regulator AFTER the Y of factory + low which will take care of the overall fuel pressure equalizing. Thank you Chris for listening to me rant on and on about all this .

Quick Reply: My F1A-94 + Crawford Racing Port Injection build thread...