C7 Grand Sport LT4 blower install - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Grand Sport LT4 blower install

Old 09-26-2018, 02:53 PM
CSEVEN
CF Senior Member

What are the overall cost to install this kit, labor and tuning? minus the 2017+ supercharger manifold assembly with the updated taller lid and larger intercooler bricks. (does not include throttle body or PCV seal)
• Intercooler with mounting panel
• Coolant pump with mounting bracket and hoses• Coolant reservoir 
• Airbox 
• Air inlet tube• Air filter 
• Drive belt

Last edited by CSEVEN; 09-26-2018 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:49 PM
onebad1lE
CF Senior Member

I charge 1500 labor and 350 for tuning plus parts
Old 09-26-2018, 06:26 PM
CSEVEN
CF Senior Member

What other parts are required?
Old 10-07-2018, 03:04 AM
MrGary2011
CF Senior Member

Just an update. Old one pulled, new one being delivered 10/9. Newer model, brand new! Doing instal next weekend, wonder if I need a retune?

Supercharger was pulled off this crate engine.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:23 AM
TorchZ51
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by MrGary2011 View Post
Just an update. Old one pulled, new one being delivered 10/9. Newer model, brand new! Doing instal next weekend, wonder if I need a retune?

Supercharger was pulled off this crate engine.
Sorry to burst your bubble but that supercharger is off to a wetsump motor. Look at the pulley location versus the one on your car. The belt spacing is different.
Old 10-07-2018, 04:59 PM
Dale002
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by TorchZ51 View Post

Sorry to burst your bubble but that supercharger is off to a wetsump motor. Look at the pulley location versus the one on your car. The belt spacing is different.
Yeah, for a wet sump. Looks like the one I seen on ebay. It's not going to work unless you convert your engine to a wet sump. Sorry Dude, maybe the seller will take it back?
Old 10-08-2018, 08:43 PM
MrGary2011
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dale002 View Post
Yeah, for a wet sump. Looks like the one I seen on ebay. It's not going to work unless you convert your engine to a wet sump. Sorry Dude, maybe the seller will take it back?
Your trying to tell me there is no way to align the pulley wheels for alignment?
Well this sucks! Wonder how hard it would be to swap out the front housing if interchangeable.

Last edited by MrGary2011; 10-08-2018 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:44 PM
TorchZ51
CF Senior Member

Your trying to tell me there is no way to align the pulley wheels for alignment?
Well this sucks! Wonder how hard it would be to swap out the front housing if interchangeable.
You can swap the front “snout” with pulley to the correct one. But you may just better off getting the correct supercharger.

Last edited by TorchZ51; 10-08-2018 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:04 PM
Dale002
CF Senior Member

I'm saying it's not a plug and play. Cost and hassles to accomplish modifications to make it work may exceed the cost of just buying the correct supercharger.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:06 PM
MrGary2011
CF Senior Member

Thats pretty bogus! I took the one off my dry sump supercharger and it looks brand new! I am actually going from the older heat soaking unit to and big brick model. It is plug and play, all the connections and plugs are identical, part numbers are all the same except for the front housing. Every thing fits perfectly. Not to take any chances I am sending the front housing to a supercharger shop to inspect and install a new 2.5 grip tech wheel. Also received a valley pan, identical to mine so it will go on E Bay. Feel pretty good about this now, do wish I had known there were 2 different LT4 Superchargers, had no idea one would be built for a wet sump. Too much time on the internet caused me to pull the trigger on a Mighty Mouse Catch Can, I can attest that even with 600 miles on the supercharger oil was up in the top areas. Should be a pretty sweet setup along with the Granitille expansion tank. I won't have to worry about heat sink anymore. Learn something new every day. Once this is done I am sure it will garner looks at the next car show I go to. This new one is pristine with zero blemish marks.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:07 PM
Dale002
CF Senior Member

Are you saying the front snout are the same and only the pulley is the different?
Old 10-11-2018, 02:49 PM
C7&7
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by TorchZ51 View Post

Hmmm. I thought all LT4's were dry sump. Maybe the CTSV isn't?
Old 10-11-2018, 02:57 PM
TorchZ51
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dale002 View Post
Are you saying the front snout are the same and only the pulley is the different?
snout is different
Old 10-11-2018, 02:59 PM
TorchZ51
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by C7&7 View Post
Hmmm. I thought all LT4's were dry sump. Maybe the CTSV isn't?
CTSV, ZL1 and GM crate LT4s are all wet sump motors. The belt spacing on these applications is different that a dry sump Z06 LT4 application.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:30 PM
MrGary2011
CF Senior Member

Yep! I found out the hard way! Also, although the two snouts bolt up it looks like GM kept the original bearing shaft in each but added a secondary coupler that actualy has free play to take up vibration for the wet sump edition. The coupler makes the 2 snouts not swappable without machining modified internal parts. Now I have a brand new LT4 "wet sump" Supercharger with no home. My damaged one is now on the way to California for inspection and possible repair. I should not have much problem selling this new one which surprisingly came with a brand new Valley Pan (about 300 bucks new) as I took a look at the Camaro forum and it is a hot deal to use this on their cars (along with GM trucks and Cadillacs). Sure wish I knew about this difference before getting tangled up in excessive conditions to overcome.
No doubt it will all work out, I still want to pursue the bigger bricks and larger top enclosure but first things are first get it fixed.
I looked inside the Bad one with the "snout" off and could see abrasions on the ends of the twin screws like something ground metal to metal so I am betting it was the front inside bearing or bearings that gave way. I should get a report back the middle of next week to see what happened and how to proceed. Oh, there are LT4 crates already set up for dry sump system, just cost difference and I think the wet sumps are rated at 640 hp, interesting!
I am a bit pissed off at the seller (and others on E Bay) not making the difference between the 2 but they are probably like me and unbeknownst there are LT4 Supercharger variations. Surprised this mix up doesn't happen more. There are several post right now on E Bay that just say Corvette, Camaro or CTSV.
Lesson learned, thanks its fall and not spring as I really want to get her back together and get back to simpler issues to tackle. It has been some fun seeing how this all works.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:23 PM
C5alisson916
CF Senior Member

Ohh damn! Sorry to heard about your bad experience and I hope that blower find a home soon.
im glad I was able To deal with Paul locally and I didn’t have to buy a blower from an unknown seller online.
i hope you can get your car running soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to C5alisson916 For This Useful Post:
MrGary2011 (10-13-2018)
Old 10-13-2018, 04:19 PM
MrGary2011
CF Senior Member

Posted the Wet Sump LT4 on E Bay! Somebody will buy, I am still upset letting go a brand new unit, instead I will just settle for my old one getting repaired or replaced. Waiting is the hard part, anyway to keep busy I am installing my mighty mouse catch can. Especially, after I seeing the oil pooling on the inside of the one I had on and only with 600 miles on it. Looks pretty cool in there sandwiched between the engine and expansion tank.
Old 10-13-2018, 05:16 PM
Dale002
CF Senior Member

Yep! I found out the hard way! Also, although the two snouts bolt up it looks like GM kept the original bearing shaft in each but added a secondary coupler that actualy has free play to take up vibration for the wet sump edition. The coupler makes the 2 snouts not swappable without machining modified internal parts. Now I have a brand new LT4 "wet sump" Supercharger with no home. My damaged one is now on the way to California for inspection and possible repair. I should not have much problem selling this new one which surprisingly came with a brand new Valley Pan (about 300 bucks new) as I took a look at the Camaro forum and it is a hot deal to use this on their cars (along with GM trucks and Cadillacs). Sure wish I knew about this difference before getting tangled up in excessive conditions to overcome.
No doubt it will all work out, I still want to pursue the bigger bricks and larger top enclosure but first things are first get it fixed.
I looked inside the Bad one with the "snout" off and could see abrasions on the ends of the twin screws like something ground metal to metal so I am betting it was the front inside bearing or bearings that gave way. I should get a report back the middle of next week to see what happened and how to proceed. Oh, there are LT4 crates already set up for dry sump system, just cost difference and I think the wet sumps are rated at 640 hp, interesting!
I am a bit pissed off at the seller (and others on E Bay) not making the difference between the 2 but they are probably like me and unbeknownst there are LT4 Supercharger variations. Surprised this mix up doesn't happen more. There are several post right now on E Bay that just say Corvette, Camaro or CTSV.
Lesson learned, thanks its fall and not spring as I really want to get her back together and get back to simpler issues to tackle. It has been some fun seeing how this all works.
That sucks! your right it will all work out. As far as those ebay sellers, They know. They list it that way so they have a larger interest and let the buyer either know the difference or do the leg work.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:47 PM
Seannyc
CF Senior Member

The lt4 blower dry sump will still fit on a wet sump tho
Old 10-13-2018, 09:53 PM
MrGary2011
CF Senior Member

How? The pulleys don't line up?

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: