C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to install the Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can - Anyone have pictures

Old 10-01-2018, 03:38 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 319 Posts

Default Going to install the Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can - Anyone have pictures

I believe the kit came with some detailed pictures but like all upgrades real life experience always helps. Heck my A&A instructions were legit but simple things like what pulley worked for others on the balance were a life saver. I am going to put on my catch can tonight and hoped I could get some details from you. Thanks for the replies.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:42 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

I have pics at home that I can send this evening. I had to ask for pics when I was doing mine as the included instructions weren't as clear as I'd hoped.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:13 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Well my friend. I am HOPING it really was as simple as I think for boosted applications. One line clearly went from the valley port to the can which I am very pleased with. I love A&A but my ONLY complaint is how tacky that setup looked with boosted applications, now its clean and all this is worth the work.

NOW HERES THE CONCERN. I believe the other port goes to my charge tube. My charge tube has a 5/8" line that went to the valley port. Well the line from the A&A charge tube is 5/8" and the barb fitting from the MM can is 3/8". SO obviously I need a new barb fitting but in the short term since my car is going in tomorrow for headers a "jerry" rigged it and put the 3/8" hose on for about 3" I then forced the 5/8" hose over it and used a clamp. It is snug and I am 99% confident it wont leak but I know I did that so I want the right fitting. Anyways I really hope it was that easy. If so I am disappointed someone wanted 2 hours labor to install. It took me 30 min and I was looking at pictures here, at the MM site, and pictures a buddy sent. Because I am boosted I wanted to be sure I was doing right for my application. I did NOT block off the PVC return.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:47 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Here are a couple pictures of my work.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:16 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Looks good Teddy! How good are you at pulling motors?
Old 10-04-2018, 12:46 PM
David@MMS
Supporting Vendor

Received 221 Likes on 153 Posts

hi. these are the instructions for that kit
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...JlIEP9pzIB3YH4

the pcv exit of the catch can goes to the intake manifold vacuum port, no exceptions if you want it to work correctly.

the passenger side v/c or oil tank will connect to the drilled open port in the air filter pipe, or connect it to the now available (larger) port on it that previously went to the passenger side.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:39 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by David@MMS
hi. these are the instructions for that kit
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...JlIEP9pzIB3YH4

the pcv exit of the catch can goes to the intake manifold vacuum port, no exceptions if you want it to work correctly.

the passenger side v/c or oil tank will connect to the drilled open port in the air filter pipe, or connect it to the now available (larger) port on it that previously went to the passenger side.
David again great info for this CC set up.. Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 11-02-2018 at 10:40 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Going to install the Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can - Anyone have pictures

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Going to install the Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can - Anyone have pictures