C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Video of LMR C7 Running 7.5 @184MPH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 01:31 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by C7&7
It's a racecar bubba ... Glide went in to to go fast The A8 is ****.
Awwwwww... makes me feel better. 😕 I have a hard time with reality these days.... guys putting 2k hp cars on YouTube and calling them street cars and how drivable they are. I genuinely don’t mean to pick on any builder or shop, but stop with this whole it’s a street car ****! Sit in stop and go traffic and see how drivable those cars are. Pick your brand, not just Corvettes. I mean all cars.

When I was a kid I knew a guy who set a then national record for a street car with a 9.80 @ 142mph pass! I thought that was rocket ship fast for an alleged “street” car. What they didn’t tell about the car in the National Dragster article was that on the freeway it could only cruise at 45mph and overheated often. Not a damn street car. Not then, not now!

Again I have more respect for Steven and his shop and than you may realize, he helped me out a TON on my C7 build and I’m not ******* this incredible feat they just pulled off. I just am growing to HAAAAAATE the words “street car” in all these posts showing a 7/8 second passes on privately rented tracks to set hero times! I won’t pollute this thread with anymore crap, just an observation based solely on my own hangup.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:03 PM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Received 629 Likes on 327 Posts

Man cars these days are making more and more hp than they used to its not as hard to come across a true street car pushing 1500-2000. Not saying there is a lot but its fair to say there are more on the street than there was 5-10 years ago! But thank you very much! Maybe we should do this with your C7?!

Last edited by Late Model Racecraft; 11-28-2018 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:46 AM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by C7&7
It's a racecar bubba ... Glide went in to to go fast The A8 is ****.
Wouldn't be so quick to write off the A8. There a fair amount of 8 sec C7's with their orignal A8's. I'm not sure how long for this world those A8's are, but they are in the car when running the aforementioned passes.

The lines between street car and race car continue to blur. Personally, I have a hard time putting an 8 sec spec cage in my car, let alone a glide. However, you have to respect the hell out of what these guys have done. They are the kings of the hill until someone knocks them off.

Last edited by Earl H; 11-20-2018 at 07:46 AM.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:07 PM
ForceFedC5
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Earl H
Wouldn't be so quick to write off the A8. There a fair amount of 8 sec C7's with their orignal A8's. I'm not sure how long for this world those A8's are, but they are in the car when running the aforementioned passes.

The lines between street car and race car continue to blur. Personally, I have a hard time putting an 8 sec spec cage in my car, let alone a glide. However, you have to respect the hell out of what these guys have done. They are the kings of the hill until someone knocks them off.
I normally agree with you, and it's just my personal preference, but after 10(?) years I'm having an 8 sec cage put in my C5 (street car). The cars are just going to fast IMHO nowadays to race without protection. While I know the C7 is a better designed car than my C5, the 1/4 and 1/2 miles speeds are just nutz to be without protection when 1000rwhp is the new norm.

Glides don't bother me, if the rear end ratio is numerically low enough (=<3.00) it's fine on the street. (For me anyway)

Last edited by ForceFedC5; 11-20-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:08 PM
sr71bb
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

MY apologies to LMR, After I posted I realized I didnt want to hijack this thread in any way.

CONGRATS again to them.

Last edited by sr71bb; 11-20-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:37 PM
ForceFedC5
Melting Slicks

He go off easy. The gentleman who I heard nothing but great things about wasn't so lucky at the WANNAGOFAST event. From what I understand there was no roll bar, or anything substantial. I'm not saying he'd be alive today, however I'm sure it wouldnt be any worse.

https://cadillacvclub.com/Half-Mile-Events/6690717

Last edited by ForceFedC5; 11-20-2018 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:23 AM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by sr71bb
MY apologies to LMR, After I posted I realized I didnt want to hijack this thread in any way.

CONGRATS again to them.
No Worries! We love to keep the conversion going!
Current C7 World Record Holder 7.55 @ 184 MPH

Quickest and Fastest GEN5 LT Powered Vehicle
LMR1200HP Supercharged C7 8.84 @ 160
LMR1200HP Twin Turbo C7 9.35@155mph-2014
2 TIME OUTLAW DRAG RADIAL LSX CHAMPION 2008/2010
9.47 ZR1 Corvette-2009
LATE MODEL RACECRAFT
713-466-9900
LateModelRacecraft.com

Too many PMs, please call or email instead, thanks!
Old 11-21-2018, 09:25 AM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Under-Pressure
I normally agree with you, and it's just my personal preference, but after 10(?) years I'm having an 8 sec cage put in my C5 (street car). The cars are just going to fast IMHO nowadays to race without protection. While I know the C7 is a better designed car than my C5, the 1/4 and 1/2 miles speeds are just nutz to be without protection when 1000rwhp is the new norm.

Glides don't bother me, if the rear end ratio is numerically low enough (=<3.00) it's fine on the street. (For me anyway)
Some seem to think its this impossible car to drive on the street its not that bad
Old 11-21-2018, 10:54 AM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Late Model Racecraft
Some seem to think its this impossible car to drive on the street its not that bad
I don’t think it’s impossible... I think it would suck! A 2 speed transmission in traffic or even on an open freeway wouldn’t translate to what I’d call a car with manners. But then again, if you wanna go fast, there are concessions that obviously have to be made. For my money, I’d rather have a fast car that is a touch more docile, such as with the A8 or even a sequential gearbox. More gears, equal happy driver. 😬
Old 11-21-2018, 02:04 PM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by C7BB

I don’t think it’s impossible... I think it would suck! A 2 speed transmission in traffic or even on an open freeway wouldn’t translate to what I’d call a car with manners. But then again, if you wanna go fast, there are concessions that obviously have to be made. For my money, I’d rather have a fast car that is a touch more docile, such as with the A8 or even a sequential gearbox. More gears, equal happy driver. 😬
Ya everyone has things they prefer vs things that are just horrible to them. Truth is though this car could easily be driven daily if someone wanted to. But yes more gears the better for comfort!
Old 11-21-2018, 02:24 PM
ForceFedC5
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by C7BB

I don’t think it’s impossible... I think it would suck! A 2 speed transmission in traffic or even on an open freeway wouldn’t translate to what I’d call a car with manners. But then again, if you wanna go fast, there are concessions that obviously have to be made. For my money, I’d rather have a fast car that is a touch more docile, such as with the A8 or even a sequential gearbox. More gears, equal happy driver. ��
I've been debating going to a glide for some time now, and most everyone I speak with thinks 3.42's are just too much for highway driving with no overdrive, and I agree. The only solution (at least on the C5) is to put a 9" with a 3.00 or numerically lower gear. Unfortunately it's prohibitively expensive (at least for me) so I'm going to push the RPM 4L65 to it's limits and see where it takes me.

LMR: Quick ? Are you using the factory rear or a 9" conversion? What gears are you running

Last edited by ForceFedC5; 11-21-2018 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:26 PM
raylo
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 255 Posts

This is seriously cool stuff. But for the street? LOL. No way, Jose.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:36 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Just for the sake of argument, let’s keep the questions coming at LMR, since they’re leading the way... I inquired about a clutchless setup for my C7 waaaaay back when and the question fell on deaf ears as far as vendors go. Fast forward to now with technology so much more advanced even from 4-5 years ago... there are many options it seems. So, having said that, what is the availability options for stick cars as well as auto cars as opposed to just a power glide?

I’ve seen vipers, Subaru’s, and various other cars with either sequential or dog box gearboxes but not any Vettes... are there none of these options available still? Bottom line question is, the A8 limited by torque or torque management, or both?
Old 11-21-2018, 04:42 PM
sr71bb
Racer

Two issues show up with the A8 under extreme power situations. Precise CONSISTENT gear shifts are almost impossible because the clutch material is not strong enough to withstand the torque that is placed on them with the increased power ( past roughly the 1000-1200 RWHP mark). This results normally in the car in effect blowing threw the gears causing a spike in RPM. This creates some havoc with the electronics as you can imagine. Getting the covertor to LOCKUP at a certain RPM is also an issue. You can hear the car blow through the convertor in these instances. In either case the engine is bouncing off the rev limiter. This is EXTREMELY hard on the engine and has been known to break a few parts. I have no doutbt that an A8 equipped car could go as fast as high 7's or low 8's. At this time, I dont think it is possible for that to happen consistently. The clutch material needs to get grippier and the convertor technolgy needs to improve as well for the consistency to be there.with the A8. The fastest A8 car I aware of currently has run mid 8's. There are currently only two cars in the C7 world that run in the 7's and one has a glide and one has a turbo 400.

Last edited by sr71bb; 11-21-2018 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:41 PM
ForceFedC5
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by sr71bb
Two issues show up with the A8 under extreme power situations. Precise CONSISTENT gear shifts are almost impossible because the clutch material is not strong enough to withstand the torque that is placed on them with the increased power ( past roughly the 1000-1200 RWHP mark). This results normally in the car in effect blowing threw the gears causing a spike in RPM. This creates some havoc with the electronics as you can imagine. Getting the covertor to LOCKUP at a certain RPM is also an issue. You can hear the car blow through the convertor in these instances. In either case the engine is bouncing off the rev limiter. This is EXTREMELY hard on the engine and has been known to break a few parts. I have no doutbt that an A8 equipped car could go as fast as high 7's or low 8's. At this time, I dont think it is possible for that to happen consistently. The clutch material needs to get grippier and the convertor technolgy needs to improve as well for the consistency to be there.with the A8. The fastest A8 car I aware of currently has run mid 8's. There are currently only two cars in the C7 world that run in the 7's and one has a glide and one has a turbo 400.
Do you know what do they do for rear ends after they get past the 8 speed auto?
Old 11-21-2018, 07:14 PM
sr71bb
Racer

The AMP car uses a 9 inch center section and retains the IRS. You would have to ask Steven about the LMR setup.
The following users liked this post:
ForceFedC5 (11-22-2018)
Old 11-21-2018, 11:58 PM
NORTY
Race Director

Received 390 Likes on 244 Posts

Damn, just dayum!
The audio is perfect too.

Get notified of new replies

To Video of LMR C7 Running 7.5 @184MPH!!!

Old 11-26-2018, 08:54 AM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

I've been debating going to a glide for some time now, and most everyone I speak with thinks 3.42's are just too much for highway driving with no overdrive, and I agree. The only solution (at least on the C5) is to put a 9" with a 3.00 or numerically lower gear. Unfortunately it's prohibitively expensive (at least for me) so I'm going to push the RPM 4L65 to it's limits and see where it takes me.

LMR: Quick ? Are you using the factory rear or a 9" conversion? What gears are you running
Running a 9"!
Old 11-26-2018, 08:58 AM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by NORTY
Damn, just dayum!
The audio is perfect too.
Yes it is!
Old 11-26-2018, 12:12 PM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Yes, we are running a 9" center with IRS. Now for the gear ratio, just know that you are pretty close on your assumption. This car can be in high gear and cruise 70mph a little over 2k RPM...... I dont think Steven would like me to tell the exact gear ratio we ran on this pass. We actually have 2 center sections that Steven swaps back and forth with testing.......
The following users liked this post:
ForceFedC5 (11-26-2018)

Quick Reply: Video of LMR C7 Running 7.5 @184MPH!!!