C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help - How to properly connect MM catch can to FI system

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 11:08 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 319 Posts

Default Help - How to properly connect MM catch can to FI system

Disregard. I didn't realize I posted something already a couple months ago. LOL Looks like David provided me with details. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-pictures.html

I know this crap should be pretty straight forward and I have read a handful of different threads around it I just can comprehend it all. I am getting my new system tuned on Friday and would love this connected properly. I believe the one side to the crankcase is right but as you can see, all I really did was put the CC in between the charge tube and crank case. I feel like an idiot, I can install a blower but cant figure this out.

Last edited by teddyca; 11-26-2018 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:03 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Buddy a diff in hooking it up from a dry sump & wet sump with one is your car..
Old 11-26-2018, 02:49 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

DRY sump my friend

Originally Posted by robert miller
Buddy a diff in hooking it up from a dry sump & wet sump with one is your car..

Last edited by teddyca; 07-29-2020 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:17 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Teddy, sorry about not replying to your text. I’ll get you a few better pics. Shoot me a text if you haven’t got it figured out yet and what exactly you need.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:58 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by teddyca
Wet sump my friend
Teddy was thinking you said you had a z51 c7 with is a dry sump buddy. Robert
Old 07-29-2020, 12:47 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

I am bringing this back from the dead. LOL So 2 years ago I had tons of issues with blow by through the BOV. I heard everything from get a CC to a blown motor. Well the car runs just fine outside of the excess pressure. Earlier this year I tried connecting it in a manner I thought was correct and within 3 weeks pop goes the weasel. I pushed the crank seal out. Well I replaced it with a LS3 and good there but I really need to add this can. I dont know why it is so difficult for me to understand but it is. Now that I have nothing but time I would love some help setting this up. And to confirm I am on a DRY SUMP!!!
Old 07-29-2020, 05:21 PM
Jjagg0125
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by teddyca
I am bringing this back from the dead. LOL So 2 years ago I had tons of issues with blow by through the BOV. I heard everything from get a CC to a blown motor. Well the car runs just fine outside of the excess pressure. Earlier this year I tried connecting it in a manner I thought was correct and within 3 weeks pop goes the weasel. I pushed the crank seal out. Well I replaced it with a LS3 and good there but I really need to add this can. I dont know why it is so difficult for me to understand but it is. Now that I have nothing but time I would love some help setting this up. And to confirm I am on a DRY SUMP!!!
Here is my setup Name:  photo722.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  1.78 MB

Pretty straight forward on the MMS setup. Swap the PCV, reconnect pcv line to sump. Cut a tee in the TB line and run to the vac side of the can. Replace the drivers side valve cover vent line to the inlet of the can. The MMS wild can has a built in PCV.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:07 PM
MeanRay1
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

I have had a couple of questions regarding mine after a mechanic asked me about the Crank Case being capped off. So I looked at the forum, and found more confusion lol.
This is from David @ MM regarding the first pic.:

Sat, Jul 4, 11:35 AM[size=13px] [/size]

that picture is incorrect
there should only be one pcv return to the intake manifold
as pictured that would nearly double factory pcv rate, and
the connection remaining between valley and intake manifold would negate any oil catching that would have been done by the can.

www.mightymousesolutions.com

My Set up I Have the nipple capped off, he says that is correct.. I had asked about the 'T' from the Crank to the Intake. I do have dry sump car..

Get notified of new replies

To Help - How to properly connect MM catch can to FI system

Quick Reply: Help - How to properly connect MM catch can to FI system