C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't make up my mind

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 11:45 PM
Chazzmania
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Can't make up my mind

Hi Guys,

So I have been trying to decide what route to go with the build on my 2016 Z51. I have been looking at the ECS, A&A, Procharger, and Whipple kits. I have two buddies that had the Procharger kits installed on their Grandsports. One has a serious build with drop in pistons, z06 injectors, and the other regular stuff. His car is making about 680whip and its a blast to drive. I am just trying to see what's the best right to go. I don't drive my car all the time maybe once or twice thru the week and maybe a few days on the weekend. I have also been interested in the Whipple's just curious of how much power I can pull out of them with support mods. Right now I have KooKs LT's with catless mid-pipe, MSD intake manifold, Halltech CAI, and a Katech TB. I want to make 700whp-800whp if possible. I live in Hawaii we currently only have 92 octane. Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:13 AM
Joshinator99
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Just my opinion, but the Maggie/Whipple/LT4 installs are a great way to go for a car that is predominantly street driven. OEM looks, fit & finish, and dynamite street torque. If I was doing more drag racing and wanted to go over 800 WHP I would do a Procharger F1A-94 and not look back.
The following users liked this post:
Chazzmania (12-09-2018)
Old 12-08-2018, 09:14 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by Joshinator99
Just my opinion, but the Maggie/Whipple/LT4 installs are a great way to go for a car that is predominantly street driven. OEM looks, fit & finish, and dynamite street torque. If I was doing more drag racing and wanted to go over 800 WHP I would do a Procharger F1A-94 and not look back.
F1A-94 (headers, etc) myself with G1Pro Intake using Crawford Racing Holley 2.0 port injection system and a precision wastegate to control boost (want to go with a 3.8" pulley eventually and pull boost out up top when NOT running ethanol). Chris at Crawford Racing is incredible and responsible for tuning some of the fastest cars on here. We aren't even done with mine yet and it's doing 60 to 145 in 6.2 seconds which isn't half bad. Just got the car together a month ago no dyno numbers yet but soon!

Honestly just know going over 750 wheel or so especially if you are wanting to run ethanol you will need a good secondary low side. The stock fuel pump won't keep up. Then to hit bigger numbers it's either methanol or port injection I chose the latter and love it. Just a lot of moving parts getting the fuel system perfected that was by far the most complex part doing my personal build, putting on a procharger was a piece of cake. If I wasn't shooting for HUGE numbers and really just street driving 2300 is a nice choice OR heads/cam.
Chazzmania (12-09-2018)
Old 12-08-2018, 09:52 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

I had a centri GS, didnt really enjoyed the centri power on the street. If you are not looking to race like crazy and doing 160 + highway pulls, PD blower are twice as much fun on the street!! I would do PD blow, N/A built and lastly centri supercharge A&A or ECS would be my VERY last choice!!
Chazzmania (12-09-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 11:55 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Timmy what size centri did you run? Curious with your stock compression ratio it should have some nice torque over what the same setup on a lower compression Z would have. I welcomed the drop in torque way down low all it did was spin for me. Moving the torque and power up in the rpm band in my opinion made my Z much easier to launch and control down low. Course hard to control anything over 900+ hp once my F1A-94 comes in hard around 3200 it's on! Love it! But you are correct to each his own it TOTALLY depends on what YOU expect in torque and horsepower and when it comes in the rpm band.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:19 PM
Chazzmania
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Thanks guys for the comments
Old 12-10-2018, 10:22 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by timmyZ06
I had a centri GS, didnt really enjoyed the centri power on the street. If you are not looking to race like crazy and doing 160 + highway pulls, PD blower are twice as much fun on the street!! I would do PD blow, N/A built and lastly centri supercharge A&A or ECS would be my VERY last choice!!
Well that's literally a first. Centri's are so well suited for the Vettes, perfect driving manors while off boost, an animal on boost. I love roots blowers but only on heavy cars and trucks, not because we make a centri kit, because that's really my personal opinion. I was having dinner with one of our distributors this weekend at the PRI trade show and I think he summed it up best when he said "roots blowers make it feel fast, centri blowers actually makes it fast." Being that the ECS kit has the most TQ of any centri kit on the market it's really the best of both worlds. To each his own though.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:33 PM
samwint77
Pro

Received 135 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazzmania
Hi Guys,

So I have been trying to decide what route to go with the build on my 2016 Z51. I have been looking at the ECS, A&A, Procharger, and Whipple kits. I have two buddies that had the Procharger kits installed on their Grandsports. One has a serious build with drop in pistons, z06 injectors, and the other regular stuff. His car is making about 680whip and its a blast to drive. I am just trying to see what's the best right to go. I don't drive my car all the time maybe once or twice thru the week and maybe a few days on the weekend. I have also been interested in the Whipple's just curious of how much power I can pull out of them with support mods. Right now I have KooKs LT's with catless mid-pipe, MSD intake manifold, Halltech CAI, and a Katech TB. I want to make 700whp-800whp if possible. I live in Hawaii we currently only have 92 octane. Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated.
I notice that your bottom end is still stock. You'll be limited to about 600 whp until you build that. I choose to go with the maggy heartbeat 2300. Reason being they have less parasitic loss due to the internal bypass valve, and they provide more instant torque. For a daily driver I just think its better so you don't have to run way into the revs to enjoy the power. Everybody has what they like though. It took me about 8 months to finally make up my mind. My build will begin at the end of the month. Just waiting on the shop to clear some cars out. Also the whipples require additional fuel mods. The 2.9 L is a beast.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:19 PM
MRSUPRA
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

I recently bought a C6 Grand Sport with an ECS supercharger/headers/meth/cam 700rwhp. I was worried about the lack of low RPM torque and only making full boost at redline. Well, no worries anymore. This car is crazy responsive and a blast to drive, has so much power at 2K+ rpms that the car is hard to control in the first 3 gears. Much more low rpm torque than my twin turbo 5.0 mustang.. No regrets at all, and would choose a centri for future corvettes.
DOUG @ ECS (12-11-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Can't make up my mind

Quick Reply: Can't make up my mind