C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT4 HPFP/Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 07:34 PM
BlueDevilZ51
Melting Slicks

Received 389 Likes on 271 Posts

Default LT4 HPFP/Injectors

I believe the LT1 fuel system runs out just over 600whp. If I went with the LT4 HPFP and LT4 injectors what kinda power are they good for on a boosted LT1? I don't want to use meth and I'm not looking to make crazy power. I'm looking to make around 625whp being I'll be limited by the stock pistons.
I'm assuming if i go this route I'll be limited to the same stock fuel limits of a stock Zo6, I just haven't heard what that is.

Last edited by BlueDevilZ51; 12-09-2018 at 07:37 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:17 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Yes you will still need a "low side" system which is pre-HPFP, essentially either upgrading the in tank fuel pump with a Fore Dual (most suited for your case I guess) or a secondary fuel pump setup like Crawford Racing offers (great package and great price) or go custom like I did cutting a hole in driver side fuel tank, putting in a custom pickup tube, running -10an lines to a good fuel pump (Magnafuel 750 in my case), then -8an lines all the way up front which T's or Y's into the factory line then comes to a fuel pressure regulator (Aeromotive in my case), then from there you can feed a Port Injection system with 8 more injectors (in my case) for HUGE power goals OR just go from the regulator to the HPFP keeping both LOW and HIGH side pressure solid. LOW runs out first, then HIGH, in LT4 platforms.

I use a Crawford Racing Holley 2.0 port injection system that kicks my secondary fuel pump on around 3psi and 30% accelerator and one more param I believe. And boy can you hear that sucker wine when you let off throttle and exhaust note quiets down!

TIP: Use a longer bolt than included to get the threads started on the backing plate, otherwise you will battle this for hours!

Aeromotive reusable fuel filter coming off the Magnafuel 750 secondary fuel pump.

Direct from batter using relay controlled by Crawford Racing Holley 2.0 port injection system. Secondary kicks in at 3psi + 30% accelerator I believe ...
Old 12-09-2018, 08:34 PM
douniasg
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

For op power goals I recommend MTI'S low side fuel system. Super easy install and gets the job done even with e85. The price is right. Billy is very supportive.
The following users liked this post:
Billy@MTI (12-10-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 09:13 PM
BlueDevilZ51
Melting Slicks

Received 389 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by douniasg
For op power goals I recommend MTI'S low side fuel system. Super easy install and gets the job done even with e85. The price is right. Billy is very supportive.
I have to find more information on MTIs fueling system.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:32 AM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

Thank you very much!! We are hard at giving you guys the best support in the business.
Billy
Old 12-10-2018, 10:34 AM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BlueDevilZ51
I have to find more information on MTIs fueling system.
I have a few threads about the kit. You can also call me and I would be happy to go over the kit. We built it for the DYI guys in mind. Can be done on jack stands in your garage.
Thanks,
​​​​​​​Billy 832 945 1000
Old 12-10-2018, 12:54 PM
Bruce_K
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Yeah i just got done installling the hardware for the MTI pump super easy just have to do the wiring.

But to your question I installed the LT4 pump and injectors. and im at 560/620 with a 2.4 pulley on a LT4 blower and my tuner said my low side was running kinda low. So YOU may need to depends on your setup.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:31 PM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Bruce_K
Yeah i just got done installling the hardware for the MTI pump super easy just have to do the wiring.

But to your question I installed the LT4 pump and injectors. and im at 560/620 with a 2.4 pulley on a LT4 blower and my tuner said my low side was running kinda low. So YOU may need to depends on your setup.
Thanks!! Glad you are happy with our kit!!
Billy
Old 12-17-2018, 07:23 PM
avtarv
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 68 Posts

Have you tried it? I tried a similar kit and it won’t even support 30% E. High side drops too much. If you don’t have a cam with a fuel lobe you will need meth if you want to run E.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:49 AM
douniasg
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by avtarv

Have you tried it? I tried a similar kit and it won’t even support 30% E. High side drops too much. If you don’t have a cam with a fuel lobe you will need meth if you want to run E.
I have installed it and driving the car with caution until I get a tune. I will post my results after the tune. My appointment is the first week in Jan. I am also running meth with e85. I was just suggesting this low side upgrade of the simplicity and cost over the other more complicated ones also the great support from the vendor.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:51 AM
avtarv
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 68 Posts

I have installed it and driving the car with caution until I get a tune. I will post my results after the tune. My appointment is the first week in Jan. I am also running meth with e85. I was just suggesting this low side upgrade of the simplicity and cost over the other more complicated ones also the great support from the vendor.
The meth will give you the fuel you need. The low side did nothing with E85 to keep the high side from dropping.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:01 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 863 Likes on 600 Posts

The meth will give you the fuel you need. The low side did nothing with E85 to keep the high side from dropping.
The man is speaking the truth. No way to safely run full e85 in boosted applications without port injection. I ran e50 without a low side but I had to run two 15gph meth nozzles also. The low side will help you in running some mixture of E but it wont be full e85.

Last edited by C7&7; 01-15-2019 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:23 PM
hogurt
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by C7&7
The man is speaking the truth. No way to safely run full e85 in boosted applications without port injection. I ran e50 without a low side but I had to run two 15gph meth nozzles also. The low side will help you in running some mixture of E but it would be full e85.
Nope. I run pump e85 which is really e70-e75 with no methanol up to about 800whp (12psi Maggie and JRE rough idle cam).

i installed the LT4 hpfp, injectors and the in-tank fuel pump along with a voltage booster to make sure my in tank voltage stayed consistent. I ran out of injector just below 800whp and I ran out of time to finish tuning until weather gets nice again.

i prefer to stay away from alky injection most likely I will simply finish up with a race fuel tune for the track that will put me in the 830whp range with a little more boost. In other words, the fuel system has plenty more in it with e85, if you have the cam too.

Did you mean with the stock cam? Wouldn’t you be better off adding a cam instead of a port injection system?

Last edited by hogurt; 01-14-2019 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:04 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by hogurt

Nope. I run pump e85 which is really e70-e75 with no methanol up to about 800whp (12psi Maggie and JRE rough idle cam).

i installed the LT4 hpfp, injectors and the in-tank fuel pump along with a voltage booster to make sure my in tank voltage stayed consistent. I ran out of injector just below 800whp and I ran out of time to finish tuning until weather gets nice again.

i prefer to stay away from alky injection most likely I will simply finish up with a race fuel tune for the track that will put me in the 830whp range with a little more boost. In other words, the fuel system has plenty more in it with e85, if you have the cam too.

Did you mean with the stock cam? Wouldn’t you be better off adding a cam instead of a port injection system?
very few people are touching the low side pump due to the labor involved. Please provide more details on your low side pump “upgrade” and your voltage booster.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:35 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

For sure on this on a cam being in the car. But the kit from MTI is what you will need also but I wouldn't push the car over 650 to the wheels are you going to be asking for trouble. This is unless you have ONE GREAT TURNER. Then it should be good but with a not so good tune you are asking for it at 650 plus rwhp. Robert
Old 01-14-2019, 06:38 PM
Bruce_K
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Funny this came up, MTI low side installed. and the Highside Z06 lt4 pump is running out of fueling only on E30. its a tad dissapointing. So looks like im going to need a cam with fuel lope.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:47 AM
hogurt
Drifting

Originally Posted by FYREANT

very few people are touching the low side pump due to the labor involved. Please provide more details on your low side pump “upgrade” and your voltage booster.
On the Vette, the low-side isn't as easy as on the Camaro. On the Camaro, I simply upgraded to the ZL1 pump and added the voltage booster. On the Corvette, I will add the voltage booster and see where the low side falls off.

On my Camaro, my injectors maxed out before the low/high side on e85.

Get notified of new replies

To LT4 HPFP/Injectors

Old 01-15-2019, 11:31 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

On the Vette, the low-side isn't as easy as on the Camaro. On the Camaro, I simply upgraded to the ZL1 pump and added the voltage booster. On the Corvette, I will add the voltage booster and see where the low side falls off.

On my Camaro, my injectors maxed out before the low/high side on e85.
So you haven’t done it specifically on the Vette then. You’re going to find that you can’t upgrade the pump and that a boost a pump won’t work from what I remember..
Old 01-15-2019, 12:40 PM
hogurt
Drifting

Originally Posted by FYREANT

So you haven’t done it specifically on the Vette then. You’re going to find that you can’t upgrade the pump and that a boost a pump won’t work from what I remember..
I was told the voltage booster will work with the c7.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:15 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

I was told the voltage booster will work with the c7.
will it work? Yes. Should you do it? No. Why? The C7 has a known issue that when the intank pump is worked too hard it will overheat and die under racing conditions on C7’s that haven’t even been modified. Several people have had their C7’s bought back through lemon law as a result of this. Because everytime they would replace the pump the owner could replicate the issue again under the same conditions.

The ZR1 and the 2019 Z06, (and only the 2019 Z06, not prior years) were believed to have a higher flowing pump, however, if I remember correctly it was discovered that the pump is voltage regulated to run at a lower PSI than all the prior year C7 in tank pumps (which were all the exact same regardless of Z06 or non-Z06 prior to 2019) until it was commanded to pump higher, at which point it would be cooler for a longer period of time to fight the overheating issue. The max PSI on the low side remained the same though. If I remember correctly, all C7 up through 2018 flowed 72 PSI on the low side. In 2019 they flowed around 59 PSI and then when commanded higher based on acceleration demand they would raise to 72 PSI.

Knowing this information, do you feel comfortable trying to boost this pump? I sure don’t..

- Ant

Quick Reply: LT4 HPFP/Injectors