C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tial Q BOV not opening at high RPM's in 3rd

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 09:37 AM
jimxms
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Tial Q BOV not opening at high RPM's in 3rd

Hi guys,

I recently fitted a genuine Tial Q 50mm BOV with the -2 supercharger spring to my procharger setup. I thought it was working OK as it is open at idle and mild driving, but closes as soon as I get on the gas.

However, when I'm doing a full power pull in 3rd, if I let off the gas above 4500-5000rpm, the BOV stays shut! It will stay shut even if I change gear to 2nd or slow down and carry on driving at a normal pace.

The only way I can get it to open again is if I drop it into neutral, let the revs drop right down low to 500ish, and then change back into a gear again.

Its a big issue as with the BOV sealed shut not only do i get flutter from the procharger, but the car runs like crap.

What the hell is the problem?

Old 12-10-2018, 10:22 AM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

My guess is a vacuum leak that is the only way the bov closes. Check hoses for a crack. Or take it apart and make sure everything looks good and moves smooth. This my guess. Hope it helps.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:53 AM
jimxms
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

I may possibly have it figured. I noticed that my silicone intake tube connected to the supercharger has collapsed. I’m thinking maybe as the RPM, got to 4K it sucked the tube closed and it stayed closed until the RPMs dropped right down and it opened up again.

ive removed the tube for the moment and the BOV seems to be behaving itself on a quick test. I’ll take it out for a long drive tomorrow.

Get notified of new replies

To Tial Q BOV not opening at high RPM's in 3rd

Quick Reply: Tial Q BOV not opening at high RPM's in 3rd