C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnuson 2300 with port injection results

 
Old 12-27-2018, 05:11 PM
  #21  
h3mpking
CF Senior Member
 
h3mpking's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2015
Posts: 915
Thanked 229 Times in 132 Posts
Default

Pulley bolts on with allen heads and is not pressed on. Pulley change is very easy.

Last edited by h3mpking; 12-27-2018 at 11:04 PM.
h3mpking is offline  
Old 02-18-2019, 10:29 PM
  #22  
ckassen
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2016
Posts: 24
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

This looks like the way to go, a great balanced build with minimal risk of pushing the car/drivetrain past its limits.

MCK - Do you ever venture out to any of the meets around DFW? I would be interested in seeing the car and better understanding the SPI kit. I have been told that the 2300 was not able to accept port injection.
ckassen is offline  
Old 02-19-2019, 10:04 PM
  #23  
MCK_Z06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
MCK_Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 282
Thanked 80 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ckassen View Post
This looks like the way to go, a great balanced build with minimal risk of pushing the car/drivetrain past its limits.

MCK - Do you ever venture out to any of the meets around DFW? I would be interested in seeing the car and better understanding the SPI kit. I have been told that the 2300 was not able to accept port injection.
I do every now and again when someone I know invites me. I had a few years where I traveled non-stop for work and kind of lost track of where the hangouts are.

Correct on the 2300 not having provisions for port injection. This is why I needed the SPI kit for the OEM blower as a starting point.
I also had port injection on my ported OEM blower before this with a flex-fuel setup.

In theory you should be able to modify this setup to add port injection to any PD blower designed to replace the OEM unit.
MCK_Z06 is offline  
Old 03-12-2019, 04:07 PM
  #24  
Rdubfalco
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 255
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MCK_Z06 View Post
I do every now and again when someone I know invites me. I had a few years where I traveled non-stop for work and kind of lost track of where the hangouts are.

Correct on the 2300 not having provisions for port injection. This is why I needed the SPI kit for the OEM blower as a starting point.
I also had port injection on my ported OEM blower before this with a flex-fuel setup.

In theory you should be able to modify this setup to add port injection to any PD blower designed to replace the OEM unit.
Nice build MKC.

What clutch are you going to upgrade to? Also if you run port injection does this mean you are deleting DI or just adding PI which technically means Dual Injection? Thanks.
Rdubfalco is offline  
Old 03-12-2019, 04:33 PM
  #25  
AZGASSER
CF Senior Member
 
AZGASSER's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 1,311
Thanked 174 Times in 137 Posts
Default

We started with the 70mm and made 22 psi but encountered lots of belt slip. Went to the 80 and the psi dropped to 18 but the belt held. On E50/meth got 860/830. 775 on 91/meth. Couldnt get more E as fueling became an issue even with a lowside in place.

AZGASSER is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to AZGASSER For This Useful Post:
Mikec7z (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 01:19 AM
  #26  
MCK_Z06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
MCK_Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 282
Thanked 80 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Rdubfalco View Post
Nice build MKC.

What clutch are you going to upgrade to? Also if you run port injection does this mean you are deleting DI or just adding PI which technically means Dual Injection? Thanks.
I have narrowed it down to a Mantic or Monster triple disc. Seems like the Mantic is in perpetual "out of stock" though.
The port injection only kicks in under boost or at wot. The DI is still in place and the port injection works in conjunction with DI. Driving around town or on the freeway "normally" its only running on DI.
I have a cam lobe and low side to help out there as well. So I have more fueling to spare than I plan on utilizing but I'm all about having it "just in case".. lol!

I have been running like this for a year now, first on the stock ported blower then on the 2300 and love it.
Zero problems or hassle so far.
Its full flex-fuel so I can just fill up with 100% Ethanol or 100% Gasoline or any in-between mixture and drive.
Honestly I haven't put 93 in the tank since I have gone to this setup since E85 is plentiful and cheap in my area. It pretty much sits @ 77% -82% E content at all times.
MCK_Z06 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to MCK_Z06 For This Useful Post:
Mikec7z (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 01:38 AM
  #27  
MCK_Z06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
MCK_Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 282
Thanked 80 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AZGASSER View Post
We started with the 70mm and made 22 psi but encountered lots of belt slip. Went to the 80 and the psi dropped to 18 but the belt held. On E50/meth got 860/830. 775 on 91/meth. Couldnt get more E as fueling became an issue even with a lowside in place.
Nice numbers esp. the torque. Congrats!
Im hoping to improve my torque numbers once I get rid of the slipping OEM clutch.

Im also running the 80mm upper with a 18% lower but my peak boost is only hitting 15psi.
I wanted to switch out to the 70mm when I replace the clutch but it looks like I might run into slippage as well.
You are running the 23% lower correct?

I know h3mpking who posted above is running a smaller than 80mm upper but not sure what size he is running or what lower he has, but I don't think he has any slippage.
When you tried the 70mm were you utilizing the Magnuson 70mm pulley or one of the GripTec 70mm's?

Magnuson also makes a 75mm upper.
MCK_Z06 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to MCK_Z06 For This Useful Post:
Mikec7z (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 02:58 AM
  #28  
Mikec7z
CF Senior Member
 
Mikec7z's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Posts: 2,340
Thanked 390 Times in 312 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MCK_Z06 View Post
I have narrowed it down to a Mantic or Monster triple disc. Seems like the Mantic is in perpetual "out of stock" though.
The port injection only kicks in under boost or at wot. The DI is still in place and the port injection works in conjunction with DI. Driving around town or on the freeway "normally" its only running on DI.
I have a cam lobe and low side to help out there as well. So I have more fueling to spare than I plan on utilizing but I'm all about having it "just in case".. lol!

I have been running like this for a year now, first on the stock ported blower then on the 2300 and love it.
Zero problems or hassle so far.
Its full flex-fuel so I can just fill up with 100% Ethanol or 100% Gasoline or any in-between mixture and drive.
Honestly I haven't put 93 in the tank since I have gone to this setup since E85 is plentiful and cheap in my area. It pretty much sits @ 77% -82% E content at all times.
Yeah, with the port injection, you have a lot more fueling than most people realize, as the DI injectors are no longer the bottleneck. If you have an enhanced high side, ironically it is a wash, because it is all still dependent on the low side flow rates, and the port injection allowed max flow rates of the low side, and im only writing this in case someone is about to copy your build and wants to save a few bucks

Do you have any close up pics of the injection ports on the blower? I have not seen the 2300's with the port injection. What shops offer this mod to the blower? Are any 2300's sold stock, with this PI mod from magnuson?
Mikec7z is online now  
Old 03-13-2019, 03:07 AM
  #29  
Mikec7z
CF Senior Member
 
Mikec7z's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Posts: 2,340
Thanked 390 Times in 312 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Dude that's awesome! I was actually just talking about you doing this earlier this week and wanted to reach out as I was speaking to Mag at PRI and just took delivery of my 2650 and doing port injection on that. Congrats man, those guys do a great job.
Hey Ben, i MIGHT be going up to a 2650 once i get my new car soon (i was holding out for the c8, but i have a bad feeling about that car, and im going to enjoy another c7 for a while and get a new 19) anyway, what's going on with the LT5 2650's? I haven't seen any action on them on the z06's yet here on the forum. I would run port injection for sure, and am curious what I can get away with on the 19 pump. I figure since you have the zr1, you might have a good guess at what power the stock low side with port injection can handle (i know zr1 arent tune'able yet, but i also know that you have been into the car pretty deep, so if anyone would know, its you.
Mikec7z is online now  
Old 03-13-2019, 03:40 AM
  #30  
MCK_Z06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
MCK_Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 282
Thanked 80 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mikec7z View Post
Yeah, with the port injection, you have a lot more fueling than most people realize, as the DI injectors are no longer the bottleneck. If you have an enhanced high side, ironically it is a wash, because it is all still dependent on the low side flow rates, and the port injection allowed max flow rates of the low side, and im only writing this in case someone is about to copy your build and wants to save a few bucks

Do you have any close up pics of the injection ports on the blower? I have not seen the 2300's with the port injection. What shops offer this mod to the blower? Are any 2300's sold stock, with this PI mod from magnuson?
The best pic I have where you can see the injectors is the last pic in the first post above. (grey & blue clips with orange & blue wires coming out of the top.)
I never really took any pictures of the actual adapters etc. when they were off the car.
The injector ports are not on the blower itself because the OEM and Magnuson units don't have provisions to tap or add a bung for the injectors/rails. There is no place (or no ideal place) in the lower blower manifold to drill it out and add them.

I used the WeaponX SPI kit for the stock blower which uses adapter plates between the blower manifold runners and the intake ports on the heads.
My shop just modified the setup I was running on the stock blower using different Holley rails, mounts and the "tall" LS3 style injectors to clear the 2300 which was slightly wider at the base than the OEM unit.

I have an old thread here somewhere that has some pictures during the build on my OEM blower setup that you can see some of the SPI kit components better as everything is pulled out of the way.
MCK_Z06 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to MCK_Z06 For This Useful Post:
Mikec7z (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 11:13 AM
  #31  
Mikec7z
CF Senior Member
 
Mikec7z's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Posts: 2,340
Thanked 390 Times in 312 Posts
Default

it all makes sense now, i forgot about those plates.
Mikec7z is online now  
Old 03-13-2019, 12:07 PM
  #32  
Rdubfalco
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 255
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MCK_Z06 View Post
I have narrowed it down to a Mantic or Monster triple disc. Seems like the Mantic is in perpetual "out of stock" though.
The port injection only kicks in under boost or at wot. The DI is still in place and the port injection works in conjunction with DI. Driving around town or on the freeway "normally" its only running on DI.
I have a cam lobe and low side to help out there as well. So I have more fueling to spare than I plan on utilizing but I'm all about having it "just in case".. lol!

I have been running like this for a year now, first on the stock ported blower then on the 2300 and love it.
Zero problems or hassle so far.
Its full flex-fuel so I can just fill up with 100% Ethanol or 100% Gasoline or any in-between mixture and drive.
Honestly I haven't put 93 in the tank since I have gone to this setup since E85 is plentiful and cheap in my area. It pretty much sits @ 77% -82% E content at all times.
MCKZ06

Your build is logical, well thought out, trouble free and makes good power. That is exactly the type of build I'm looking to do. Thanks for clarifying.

Rdubfalco is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Rdubfalco For This Useful Post:
MCK_Z06 (03-13-2019)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Magnuson 2300 with port injection results


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: