C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnuson 2300 with port injection results

 
Old 12-21-2018, 08:25 PM
  #1  
MCK_Z06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
MCK_Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 282
Thanked 80 Times in 65 Posts
Default Magnuson 2300 with port injection results

With a few modifications to my existing Weapon-X SPI kit for the OEM blower, 21st Century Muscle Cars was able to adapt this kit to the Magnuson 2300 blower upgrade for the LT4.
Im pretty happy with the results, though I forgot to get a printout of the final numbers before I left.

As a side screw-up on my part I brought a GoPro to record a dyno run but missed it because I was putting one ear-plug in with one hand and had to stick my finger in my ear. (while holding the camera with the other hand.)
So I got video of the "warm-up" and the very end of the run as everything was coming to a stop.

I did however get a picture on my phone of one of the runs @ 856RWHP & 752RWTQ.
What's obvious now is I may need a clutch.
The clutch was slipping when it was cold but as it got hot it started to grab and the RWTQ numbers started to come up in the 800's.

I'll get the print out of the runs with a hot clutch for a more accurate number on torque.
The whp numbers were pretty consistent throughout each run but the TQ came up as the clutch allowed.

Max boost was 15psi and it averaged 14psi.
MAT temps were pretty good too. On the final run MAT started at 127deg. and actually dropped to 126deg. during the run... lol! that's what Im talking about...
Couple pictures:




MCK_Z06 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to MCK_Z06 For This Useful Post:
Mikec7z (03-13-2019)
Old 12-21-2018, 09:23 PM
  #2  
[email protected]
Supporting Vendor
 
Ben@WeaponX's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2012
Location: Cin City
Posts: 4,748
Thanked 407 Times in 285 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14
Default

Originally Posted by MCK_Z06 View Post
With a few modifications to my existing Weapon-X SPI kit for the OEM blower, 21st Century Muscle Cars was able to adapt this kit to the Magnuson 2300 blower upgrade for the LT4.
Im pretty happy with the results, though I forgot to get a printout of the final numbers before I left.

As a side screw-up on my part I brought a GoPro to record a dyno run but missed it because I was putting one ear-plug in with one hand and had to stick my finger in my ear. (while holding the camera with the other hand.)
So I got video of the "warm-up" and the very end of the run as everything was coming to a stop.

I did however get a picture on my phone of one of the runs @ 856RWHP & 752RWTQ.
What's obvious now is I may need a clutch.
The clutch was slipping when it was cold but as it got hot it started to grab and the RWTQ numbers started to come up in the 800's.

I'll get the print out of the runs with a hot clutch for a more accurate number on torque.
The whp numbers were pretty consistent throughout each run but the TQ came up as the clutch allowed.

Max boost was 15psi and it averaged 14psi.
MAT temps were pretty good too. On the final run MAT started at 127deg. and actually dropped to 126deg. during the run... lol! that's what Im talking about...
Couple pictures:

Dude that's awesome! I was actually just talking about you doing this earlier this week and wanted to reach out as I was speaking to Mag at PRI and just took delivery of my 2650 and doing port injection on that. Congrats man, those guys do a great job.
__________________

Special FORUM MEMBER PRICING from CORVETTE'S #1 FORGED WHEEL DEALER!!

FORGELINE * HRE * PUR * ANRKY * 360Forged * ADV1 * Weld * CCW & more

Check out our Performance Parts & Packages too!

www.WEAPONXmotorsports.com


2019 ZR1 - [email protected] MPH (1st & ONLY in the 9s!)
2020 C8 order #6
2017 Camaro ZL1 A10 - Compound Boost 1200 WHP


Ben@WeaponX is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
Mikec7z (03-13-2019)
Old 12-21-2018, 09:58 PM
  #3  
gonabite
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2011
Posts: 546
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Really nice numbers for such low boost! What other mods, and what fuel was used?
gonabite is online now  
Old 12-22-2018, 12:35 AM
  #4  
MCK_Z06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
MCK_Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 282
Thanked 80 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Dude that's awesome! I was actually just talking about you doing this earlier this week and wanted to reach out as I was speaking to Mag at PRI and just took delivery of my 2650 and doing port injection on that. Congrats man, those guys do a great job.
Thanks!
Yes 21CMC pretty much exceeds my expectation's on every project they have done for me going all the way back to 2002 when they opened.
MCK_Z06 is offline  
Old 12-22-2018, 12:56 AM
  #5  
MCK_Z06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
MCK_Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 282
Thanked 80 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gonabite View Post
Really nice numbers for such low boost! What other mods, and what fuel was used?
Thanks.
The mods are:
-Full Bolt-on's (Headers/x-pipe, intake, 18% lower pulley.)
-21CMC heads/stage 2 DoD delete cam package.
-103mm TB.
-WXM SPI kit for the OEM blower w/full flex-fuel tune.
-LG's full cooling setup.
-Tune.

That's pretty much it that I can think of.
All of the runs that were over 850WHP were on E85 (E70, I think?) its also setup to run on 93pump as well.
I was not there when they did the runs on 93 because I was at work. But Im assuming they are about 50HP less as that was the delta between 93 & E85 on my stock blower.
This swap using the 80mm pulley that comes with the kit seems to had been a 100hp gain all around.

There was plenty of headroom (fuel/temps) to do a smaller pulley here but I just saw what happened to Speed Engineering's 2650 Z06 @ 880WHP and Im not ready to invest in a clutch and a rear diff right this second...
MCK_Z06 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to MCK_Z06 For This Useful Post:
[email protected] (12-22-2018)
Old 12-22-2018, 11:36 AM
  #6  
C7&7
CF Senior Member
 
C7&7's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: DFW TX
Posts: 5,155
Thanked 207 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Very impressive. This is exactly what I would do to a Z. Bigger ol honking PD blower and port injection.

Thanks for sharing man! Congrats.
C7&7 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to C7&7 For This Useful Post:
MCK_Z06 (12-22-2018)
Old 12-22-2018, 05:58 PM
  #7  
solotronics
CF Member
 
solotronics's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 73
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Default

awesome! is that the MM catch can?
solotronics is offline  
Old 12-23-2018, 01:52 AM
  #8  
MCK_Z06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
MCK_Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 282
Thanked 80 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by solotronics View Post
awesome! is that the MM catch can?
No, its a Moroso remote oil breather tank.
MCK_Z06 is offline  
Old 12-24-2018, 10:46 PM
  #9  
h3mpking
CF Senior Member
 
h3mpking's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2015
Posts: 915
Thanked 230 Times in 132 Posts
Default

Looks similar to my engine bay. I’m currently at 856 whp and 920 tq, but I am also a 416 engine. Those numbers were on C16. I currently have no lowside or flex sensor but am converting this week if the parts arrive. I am curious to see with the lowside, 38% larger fuel lobe, big bore high side pump, how much ethanol content I can run and make similar power. I am not running any meth, and will not, so I have to be mindful of IATs, etc for street. For the track, I have a large expansion tank I mount inside the cab filled full of ice. That horsepower number is really impressive for an 80mm pulley. Mine is slightly smaller.



Last edited by h3mpking; 12-24-2018 at 11:04 PM.
h3mpking is offline  
Old 12-25-2018, 08:58 AM
  #10  
C7&7
CF Senior Member
 
C7&7's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: DFW TX
Posts: 5,155
Thanked 207 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by h3mpking View Post
Looks similar to my engine bay. Iím currently at 856 whp and 920 tq, but I am also a 416 engine. Those numbers were on C16. I currently have no lowside or flex sensor but am converting this week if the parts arrive. I am curious to see with the lowside, 38% larger fuel lobe, big bore high side pump, how much ethanol content I can run and make similar power. I am not running any meth, and will not, so I have to be mindful of IATs, etc for street. For the track, I have a large expansion tank I mount inside the cab filled full of ice. That horsepower number is really impressive for an 80mm pulley. Mine is slightly smaller.


You wont be able to run much E at all. You need port injection buddy. Then the sky is the limit.

Last edited by C7&7; 12-25-2018 at 06:11 PM.
C7&7 is offline  
Old 12-25-2018, 01:57 PM
  #11  
555ctsv
CF Senior Member
 
555ctsv's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2015
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 478
Thanked 57 Times in 45 Posts
Default

I saw the op's car while it was under the knife, great looking setup! Gives me something to aim for
555ctsv is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 555ctsv For This Useful Post:
MCK_Z06 (12-25-2018)
Old 12-25-2018, 07:12 PM
  #12  
MCK_Z06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
MCK_Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 282
Thanked 80 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by h3mpking View Post
Looks similar to my engine bay. Iím currently at 856 whp and 920 tq, but I am also a 416 engine. Those numbers were on C16. I currently have no lowside or flex sensor but am converting this week if the parts arrive. I am curious to see with the lowside, 38% larger fuel lobe, big bore high side pump, how much ethanol content I can run and make similar power. I am not running any meth, and will not, so I have to be mindful of IATs, etc for street. For the track, I have a large expansion tank I mount inside the cab filled full of ice. That horsepower number is really impressive for an 80mm pulley. Mine is slightly smaller.

I'm with you on not wanting a meth system, especially when there are so many E85 pumps around.. It was like $1.87 a gal when I filled up yesterday & it registered @ 76% ethanol after I drove a block.
Are you getting the crazy torque from the stroker?
Also how is your drivetrain holding up, Looks like you are an auto?
MCK_Z06 is offline  
Old 12-25-2018, 09:50 PM
  #13  
h3mpking
CF Senior Member
 
h3mpking's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2015
Posts: 915
Thanked 230 Times in 132 Posts
Default

Well, I just replaced the transmission a couple of weeks ago. Rear end is still stock and has 33k miles on it. This last transmission lasted a couple of years and a couple of tuners with the former owner. I bought the car already built a couple of months ago and have already starting massaging the tune for a little more longevity hopefully.

Yeah, the 416 is a torque monster for sure. It doesn't stop pulling.

I noticed your location is in McKinney. That is where I live. Would love to see your setup someday.
h3mpking is offline  
Old 12-25-2018, 10:16 PM
  #14  
MCK_Z06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
MCK_Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 282
Thanked 80 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by h3mpking View Post
Well, I just replaced the transmission a couple of weeks ago. Rear end is still stock and has 33k miles on it. This last transmission lasted a couple of years and a couple of tuners with the former owner. I bought the car already built a couple of months ago and have already starting massaging the tune for a little more longevity hopefully.

Yeah, the 416 is a torque monster for sure. It doesn't stop pulling.

I noticed your location is in McKinney. That is where I live. Would love to see your setup someday.
Yeah, that sounds cool. PM me if you want to meet up sometime.
I'm on the Westside close to the Prosper/Frisco border.
MCK_Z06 is offline  
Old 12-26-2018, 09:02 PM
  #15  
0Tampa Tuning
Former Vendor
 
Member Since: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa Fl
Posts: 992
Thanked 29 Times in 25 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12
Default Corvette tuner in Tampa

Thats got to be a lot of fun. What tires did you go with ?
Tampa Tuning is offline  
Old 12-26-2018, 09:50 PM
  #16  
MCK_Z06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
MCK_Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 282
Thanked 80 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
Thats got to be a lot of fun. What tires did you go with ?
Toyo R888R:
F: 295/30/19
R:345/30/19

They work pretty good for traction and have decent handling.
MCK_Z06 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to MCK_Z06 For This Useful Post:
Mikec7z (03-13-2019)
Old 12-26-2018, 11:04 PM
  #17  
555ctsv
CF Senior Member
 
555ctsv's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2015
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 478
Thanked 57 Times in 45 Posts
Default

I just ordered a 2300 today, does it automatically come with the 80mm pulley or can i request a 70mm? I didn't see an option
555ctsv is offline  
Old 12-26-2018, 11:27 PM
  #18  
hogurt
CF Senior Member
 
hogurt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2002
Location: Fairview Hts. IL
Posts: 1,810
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default

This is awesome. I have been working through my setup on the 6th gen Camaro and just returned to the C7 fold tolday. Been away from the corvetteforum far too long. Feels good to be back.

The LT1 with LT4 fuel upgrades and a cam to increase the fuel lobe has me running just under 800whp at 11-12psi. We are upping to 14-15psi, but ran out of injector with the direct injection. I was thinking about FIC injectors to allow e85 into the mid 800's, but ran out of time before winter.

Looking forward to watching the progress. As it sits my Camaro vert will be good to run into the 9's next year...which is a feat on the vert because it's HEAVY. With the LT1, a cam and headers, the 85mm is about 8psi, 80mm will be about 10psi, 75mm approximately 12psi.

The stock Maggie kit comes with the 98mm pulley, 5-6psi on the LT1...about 530whp tuned conservatively. The 95mm will be 7-8psi and 550-575whp, but that's where the LT1 runs out of fuel.

Last edited by hogurt; 12-27-2018 at 07:54 AM.
hogurt is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 12:35 AM
  #19  
MCK_Z06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
MCK_Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 282
Thanked 80 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 555ctsv View Post
I just ordered a 2300 today, does it automatically come with the 80mm pulley or can i request a 70mm? I didn't see an option
The LT4 kit comes with the 80mm.
I think the LT1 kit comes with a 95mm?

They do offer the 70mm for $79. not sure if you can have them swap it in the kit.
MCK_Z06 is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 08:17 AM
  #20  
555ctsv
CF Senior Member
 
555ctsv's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2015
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 478
Thanked 57 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MCK_Z06 View Post
The LT4 kit comes with the 80mm.
I think the LT1 kit comes with a 95mm?

They do offer the 70mm for $79. not sure if you can have them swap it in the kit.
Thanks! I'm looking at pics online but can't tell, do the pulleys bolt on or are they pressed on? Pics looks like there's 4 bolt type things on the front of the pulley but no hex heads
555ctsv is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Magnuson 2300 with port injection results


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: