C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Single Turbo Kit/s?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 10:03 AM
subieworx
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Cajun @ Edgyvette
Yeah I hear you. That is one way that EV is different from everyone else. Should I lie and say that all the pieces of this kit have had price increases? Some of the pieces have, but the TRUTH is that after credit card fees and shipping we make next to nothing on this $14000 kit. I would challenge you to find any performance company anywhere that is not making at least 10% profit on products. With the price increase we will be around 6% profit after fees. Take a moment and check pricing on the parts of this kit. You will see what I am saying.

We did alot of work matching and fine tuning these kit components and added some things that are known only to EV. I cant count how many 1-1.5 hour calls i have had with customers that "wanted" these kits, then crickets. That is part of the business and I do it gladly to help others. We sell plenty of other items from wheels to cams so if these kits dont sell, at a price that will allow us to make a little profit, then so be it. People will be missing out on the best bang for the buck package for the C7 platform.
Trust me, I get it. I have designed and made a lot of my own products over the years and won't even consider bringing it to market unless I am going to make at least 100% profit after all costs. I won't sell a brand of other's products that I can't make at least 30% on. Just not worth my time as I know I will spend many hours on the phone supporting the products and many hours answering questions via email.
The following users liked this post:
Cajun @ Edgyvette (02-13-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 10:23 AM
douglee25
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Agree on both accounts here. Reselling a 'kit' vs a widget are two varying approaches. In my opinion, why not buy direct from a manufacturer and bypass the middle man? Understood everyone needs profit, but multiple markups down the line leads to inflated pricing. I also understand supply vs demand economics, but it always turns me off when someone sells a solid product at a reasonable price only to increase profit because they CAN due to other businesses' selling at an inflated price point.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:33 AM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Received 393 Likes on 286 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12'-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by douglee25
Agree on both accounts here. Reselling a 'kit' vs a widget are two varying approaches. In my opinion, why not buy direct from a manufacturer and bypass the middle man? Understood everyone needs profit, but multiple markups down the line leads to inflated pricing. I also understand supply vs demand economics, but it always turns me off when someone sells a solid product at a reasonable price only to increase profit because they CAN due to other businesses' selling at an inflated price point.
I am not sure what is unclear about the fact that we have put in a huge amount of work on development and matching of these components and make NO money on them. If people are not interested due to price point then that is the customers choice, but EV can not continue to put in time answering endless questions and walking people through install of each system component only to make no profit. We have put in our "community service" time on these kits. If we sell them in the future there will have to be some compensation. If anyone that is commenting about EV pricing policy in this thread is interested in an EV1150 kit please email me at Sales@Edgyvette.com. If not then it is a mute point; the price will increase and the package will either sell or not
Mikec7z (02-25-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 10:52 AM
douglee25
Instructor

I am not sure what is unclear about the fact that we have put in a huge amount of work on development and matching of these components and make NO money on them. If people are not interested due to price point then that is the customers choice, but EV can not continue to put in time answering endless questions and walking people through install of each system component only to make no profit. We have put in our "community service" time on these kits. If we sell them in the future there will have to be some compensation. If anyone that is commenting about EV pricing policy in this thread is interested in an EV1150 kit please email me at Sales@Edgyvette.com. If not then it is a mute point; the price will increase and the package will either sell or not
I think you missed my point because I was stating that I did see your side of the argument (to a degree).
Old 02-12-2019, 11:03 AM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Add these prices up real quick

http://ptsfab.com/c7-kit/

https://www.crawford-racing.com/port...ld-modificatio

https://www.crawford-racing.com/prod...ler-2-0-hp-kit

https://www.crawford-racing.com/prod...-fuel-pump-kit

https://www.mightymousesolutions.com...ge/c7-z06-wild

https://www.gfb.com.au/products/boos...troller-detail

https://fuelinjectorconnection.com/products/test

http://goertz1.pro/product/lt1-street/

You get the idea. This does not include any of the valvetrain upgrades, custom stuff, hoses, heat sheath, vacuum block etc
Mikec7z (02-25-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 10:08 PM
h3mpking
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts

Edgyvette and Cajun are the most honest and up front business people you will find. If anything said here is a turn off or a concern, then you never would be an actual customer to start with. They have earned my business in the past, and will have it again in the future. Thanks Cajun and Yve for what it is ya'll do. A rarity in the industry.

Last edited by h3mpking; 02-12-2019 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:10 AM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by h3mpking
Edgyvette and Cajun are the most honest and up front business people you will find. If anything said here is a turn off or a concern, then you never would be an actual customer to start with. They have earned my business in the past, and will have it again in the future. Thanks Cajun and Yve for what it is ya'll do. A rarity in the industry.
Sincere thanks. At the end of the day all we have is service to others and although we make money we do this job in service to others who we feel need assistance, direction and honest advocacy so they dont spend money, then end up realizing it is not the piece or package they wanted

Last edited by Cajun @ Edgyvette; 02-13-2019 at 01:38 PM.
Mikec7z (02-25-2019)
Old 02-13-2019, 09:36 AM
OG_Pokey
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I wouldn't suspect any of the supporting vendors here are charities, they work for a living. If you don't like what they are selling or the prices they charge, just move along. No sense in debating them or trying to give them a lesson in supply/demand economics. There's a lot of effort that goes into building a single turbo platform that in the end is basically plug and play for the end user. It's not just a turbo kit, but all the supporting parts and effort to get those parts to work well with each other. That's not free knowledge.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:06 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

EdgyVette just like most vendors on here are standup people. He was very generous with his time during my build giving me advice on parts and finding what I needed. Can't go wrong with him. Earl H has probably one of the best builds/setups out there as far as I am concerned. Earl correct me if I am wrong did TIm King fab your system? Earl also helped me quite a bit during my build and is very knowledgeable coming from multiple power adders to his latest turbo setup now running mid 8's!!
Old 02-15-2019, 08:18 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by C5-VERT
EdgyVette just like most vendors on here are standup people. He was very generous with his time during my build giving me advice on parts and finding what I needed. Can't go wrong with him. Earl H has probably one of the best builds/setups out there as far as I am concerned. Earl correct me if I am wrong did TIm King fab your system? Earl also helped me quite a bit during my build and is very knowledgeable coming from multiple power adders to his latest turbo setup now running mid 8's!!
Mike, thanks for the kind words. My intentions when starting this project was to develop a personal turbo solution that would be a no excuse TRUE 8 sec turbo street car package. Success was 8 secs in the 1/4. Failure was anything higher than that...pretty simple. Hell the only reason the car would ever hit the dyno is to actually test the impact to system changes. There were a couple turbo setups out there, and each had some appeal but they all had compromises that in the end I couldn't live with. I knew that couldn't be the only one that felt this way. In addition, outside of the MMS/JTM package, none had run a number anywhere that I could see. This is not a dig, as some people aren't necessarily interested in running their cars. To me, testing the car is really the only way to know how fast it is and more than that...a good day at the track outside of busting a few good hard reps at the gym, is probably one of the most therapeutic things known to man.
I ended up partnering with Hellion and Tim King for development. A great deal of time and $$$$ (self funded) went into R&D to get the package (this includes Turbo package, fuel system, torque converter, cam, intake, etc.) to this level of performance without a compromised design that introduces a ton of thermal issues.. I cant leave out Chris Crawford as his help has been/continues to be vital in making it a complete package. Dude is flat out amazing! The setup was completely re-done no less than 4 times to get it to where it is...meaning validated on the track and the street. Its a legit 1250whp/8 sec proven SBE package. When it was finished, I concluded that it was too good not to offer it. Therefore, It will be offered through my company, pricing will be commiserate with the level of all-in-one performance. The plan is to offer 5 unit shop-install only install run and will include everything to make 1200whp and run an 8 sec pass (with optional driveline upgrades). Understandably it won't be for everyone. If you have ever built a 1,000+whp car that wasn't a constant source of problems, you know what it takes. If you are balking at Edgyvette's comments, this is probably not something you will be interested in. Its not a bolt on s/c, turbo add meth and send it type of deal...lol! If we get to 5, great. If we don't, thats ok too. This has been one of the coolest projects that I have underaken. For those that know me, know that that is saying something considering my professional automotive background. I've been on this forum for over 15 years. My passion for going fast is fairly well documented. I have a sickness..lol. Some of you do too!

Even though we haven't yet run the system at the track to the MAX level, that we did on the dyno, to hit mid 8's, we have decided to test REALLY test the limits in 2019. We just kicked off a 1500whp shortblock build where we will truly see where max out. In the meantime, we are hitting the road next month to give the SBE record some hell (knock on wood)! If you see us at the track, come say hello. I would be completely happy to open the hood and show you the goods.

These days, posting as I have done invites all types of arrows from any and everyone. I just wanted to answer Mike's question and provided an additional data-point. Hopefully the discussion won't go south and we can actually have a good dialogue around the OP's original question without someone assigning motive....kinda like it was in the old C5 days.
C5-VERT (02-16-2019)
Old 02-16-2019, 12:14 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Earl H great response and wow that's just great news you will be offering it as a package! But damn about 6 months too late for me lol! I would have been all over it! Dyno numbers are one thing but backing it up with mid 8 second quarter mile at upper 160's speaks for itself. Incredible to drive that as a daily driver yet run mid 8's and get over 20 miles per gallon. Can't say enough about these cars and the LT4 platform. Thanks for sharing! Competition is always good!
Old 02-16-2019, 07:45 AM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Earl H
Mike, thanks for the kind words. My intentions when starting this project was to develop a personal turbo solution that would be a no excuse TRUE 8 sec turbo street car package. Success was 8 secs in the 1/4. Failure was anything higher than that...pretty simple. Hell the only reason the car would ever hit the dyno is to actually test the impact to system changes. There were a couple turbo setups out there, and each had some appeal but they all had compromises that in the end I couldn't live with. I knew that couldn't be the only one that felt this way. In addition, outside of the MMS/JTM package, none had run a number anywhere that I could see. This is not a dig, as some people aren't necessarily interested in running their cars. To me, testing the car is really the only way to know how fast it is and more than that...a good day at the track outside of busting a few good hard reps at the gym, is probably one of the most therapeutic things known to man.
I ended up partnering with Hellion and Tim King for development. A great deal of time and $$$$ (self funded) went into R&D to get the package (this includes Turbo package, fuel system, torque converter, cam, intake, etc.) to this level of performance without a compromised design that introduces a ton of thermal issues.. I cant leave out Chris Crawford as his help has been/continues to be vital in making it a complete package. Dude is flat out amazing! The setup was completely re-done no less than 4 times to get it to where it is...meaning validated on the track and the street. Its a legit 1250whp/8 sec proven SBE package. When it was finished, I concluded that it was too good not to offer it. Therefore, It will be offered through my company, pricing will be commiserate with the level of all-in-one performance. The plan is to offer 5 unit shop-install only install run and will include everything to make 1200whp and run an 8 sec pass (with optional driveline upgrades). Understandably it won't be for everyone. If you have ever built a 1,000+whp car that wasn't a constant source of problems, you know what it takes. If you are balking at Edgyvette's comments, this is probably not something you will be interested in. Its not a bolt on s/c, turbo add meth and send it type of deal...lol! If we get to 5, great. If we don't, thats ok too. This has been one of the coolest projects that I have underaken. For those that know me, know that that is saying something considering my professional automotive background. I've been on this forum for over 15 years. My passion for going fast is fairly well documented. I have a sickness..lol. Some of you do too!

Even though we haven't yet run the system at the track to the MAX level, that we did on the dyno, to hit mid 8's, we have decided to test REALLY test the limits in 2019. We just kicked off a 1500whp shortblock build where we will truly see where max out. In the meantime, we are hitting the road next month to give the SBE record some hell (knock on wood)! If you see us at the track, come say hello. I would be completely happy to open the hood and show you the goods.

These days, posting as I have done invites all types of arrows from any and everyone. I just wanted to answer Mike's question and provided an additional data-point. Hopefully the discussion won't go south and we can actually have a good dialogue around the OP's original question without someone assigning motive....kinda like it was in the old C5 days.
1250 wheel on a stock LT4 long block is no damn joke. Well done brother. Do you have pics of the engine bay? Interested to see layout vs our EV1150 package.

Those track times make me wish I had purchased an A8 car to develop this single turbo package but I do enjoy the manual since I daily drive the car and like being able to control RPM and sound. I guess there are always the paddle shifters but I had one A8 C7 and it just didnt do it for me.

Great work in development and running 8s man! I think back to my first C5 in 1997 and 13s were standard. If you got into the high 10s you were hailed as superhuman. These LT cars are an awesome platform. I just hope the C8 can come continue this updward trend........and that they are tuneable unlike the C7 ZR1
Mikec7z (02-25-2019)
Old 02-16-2019, 08:05 AM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

1250 wheel on a stock LT4 long block is no damn joke. Well done brother. Do you have pics of the engine bay? Interested to see layout vs our EV1150 package.

Those track times make me wish I had purchased an A8 car to develop this single turbo package but I do enjoy the manual since I daily drive the car and like being able to control RPM and sound. I guess there are always the paddle shifters but I had one A8 C7 and it just didnt do it for me.

Great work in development and running 8s man! I think back to my first C5 in 1997 and 13s were standard. If you got into the high 10s you were hailed as superhuman. These LT cars are an awesome platform. I just hope the C8 can come continue this updward trend........and that they are tuneable unlike the C7 ZR1
Thanks Cajun, its nice when people can “compete” or have different visions and not turn every interaction into a “****-show”. In the end its all about the fun! Work is hard, life is short...we all need more of it!
RE: pics...I don’t want a ton of pics circulating just yet, because up until our December runs, we were tweaking a few things here and there and haven’t had a chance to get everything all “prettied” up (e.g powdercoated). Its not ugly, just not pretty....lol. We will have everything all nice and PC’d once I determine a color scheme....and once we do the engine swap.

What I can say is that, the layout is pretty simple and requires “minimal” thermal wrap. We have burnt “0” wires, sensors etc and its completely reversible without any tell-tale signs. ECT’s are same as stock. Not trying to be a “d!ck” about pics, but its a bit of IP that I want to keep close for now. As the guys at AMP can attest, I am happy to open the hood at the track...and we are hoping to be making the rounds quite a bit this year. I am traveling to pick up an enclosed aluminum trailer as we speak!
Old 02-16-2019, 12:08 PM
douglee25
Instructor

To those above who are offended because I asked about the price increase, apologies that you're offended. It's well within anyone's right to question pricing. I work hard for my money (like I'm sure everyone does here) and I don't want to just give up another $800 at the drop of a hat unless it's justified. I'm glad there are many people here who can support Edgy's character and claims. That gives me a better comfort level should I decide to purchase because I don't know one vendor from the next here. This is my first dip into the C7 world.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:38 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by douglee25
To those above who are offended because I asked about the price increase, apologies that you're offended. It's well within anyone's right to question pricing. I work hard for my money (like I'm sure everyone does here) and I don't want to just give up another $800 at the drop of a hat unless it's justified. I'm glad there are many people here who can support Edgy's character and claims. That gives me a better comfort level should I decide to purchase because I don't know one vendor from the next here. This is my first dip into the C7 world.

I'm not sure that anyone is offended. I think that is a general lack of understanding or disconnect re: performance expectations and what things actually cost. I blame the internet and all the g$#d@mn liars and cheaters...lol. I can't tell you how many times over the years you read...XXXX amount of hp for $5 or my car ran 9.20's and I'll I did was a pulley swap and meth. It gives people a false sense of what things cost. It also gives people a distorted view of what to expect performance wise. I was completely that guy when I started on my 1st project car ('97 Mod Motor Mustang). Talk to your tuner and if you give him $.05 for every time he has heard, "....but on the internet"...lol, you won't have enough money left to pay for your mods. Truth is, if you are thinking about turboing your car, unless you are purchasing a complete package that is tried and true and you have an installer that has done the install many, many times, expect things to cost twice as much and take twice as long. Budget kits aren't always budget kits, considering those facts. Thats not to say that more expensive setups are a guarantee of coming in at an expected $$ amount either. Its the nature of the beast. If your tuner/builder or the guy you buy parts from isn't telling you that, then be very cautious. Generally, the guys that are running fast, won't tell you what it took to get there or they will "undersell" what it took to get there.... Nobody better at liar's poker than drag racers.

If you are new to modding and are "budgeting" your dollars to the penny, and we ALL work hard for our money, a turbo setup probably isn't the right thing to "start" with. Hell, even the higher hp S/C sometimes have issues too, despite outnumbering turbo setups by like 50 to 1. Usual disclaimer...some of us have been around this forum and this hobby awhile. To a certain extent, the forum seems to have gotten away from helping each other out in the interest of chest thumping, competing to see who knows more or just bitching about everything. The irony is, when you meet/see most people at the track, the opposite seems to be true. I hope some of this helps, 'cause that is the intention.

Last edited by Earl H; 02-18-2019 at 09:15 AM.
Shostopper (02-17-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 08:20 AM
douglee25
Instructor

Originally Posted by Earl H
I'm not sure that anyone is offended. I think that is a general lack of understanding or disconnect re: performance expectations and what things actually cost. I blame the internet and all the g$#d@mn liars and cheaters...lol. I can't tell you how many times over the years you read...XXXX amount of hp for $5 or my car ran 9.20's and I'll I did was a pulley swap and meth. It gives people a false sense of what things cost. It also give people a distorted view of what to expect performance wise. I was completely that guy when I started on my 1st project car ('97 Mod Motor Mustang). Talk to your tuner and if you give him $.05 for every time he has heard, "....but on the internet"...lol, you won't have enough money left to pay for your mods. Truth is, if you are thinking about turboing your car, unless you are purchasing a complete package that is tried and true and you have an installer that has done the install many, many times, expect things to cost twice as much and take twice as long. Budget kits aren't always budget kits, considering those facts. Thats not to say that more expensive setups are a guarantee of coming in at an expected $$ amount either. Its the nature of the beast. If your tuner/builder or the guy you buy parts from isn't telling you that, then be very cautious. Generally, the guys that are running fast, won't tell you what it took to get there or they will "undersell" what it took to get there.... Nobody better at liar's poker than drag racers.

If you are new to modding and are "budgeting" your dollars to the penny, and we ALL work hard for our money, a turbo setup probably isn't the right thing to "start" with. Hell, even the higher hp S/C sometimes have issues too, despite outnumbering turbo setups by like 50 to 1. Usual disclaimer...some of us have been around this forum and this hobby awhile. To a certain extent, the forum seems to have gotten away from helping each other out in the interest of chest thumping, competing to see who knows more or just bitching about everything. The irony is, when you meet/see most people at the track, the opposite seems to be true. I hope some of this helps, 'cause that is the intention.
Understood. Not new to modding, just new to the C7 scene. I typically do all my own design and installation, so this is just my first stab at understanding where things lie. Anyway, let's get back on track. Here to make friends and find the best option for forced induction on my c7 - SC vs turbo.

Cajun - Specific question to the PTS turbo setup, how is plug access on the driver's side? How feasible are plug changes?

Thanks fellas.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:41 AM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

On our EV1150 car plug changes require the turbo manifold and turbo connection to be loosened. This is due to our up front decision to wrap the pipes rather than cerekote, resulting in reduced clearance and a wrap surface not conducive to sticking your hands down there. LOL

We have Cerekote ceramic coating available for the hot side components at $300 and $500 for the entire piping system. This is the option I would choose for reduced heat, improved clearance, and general appearance. If Cerekoted you would be able to access plugs with all compon

ents in place.

Last edited by Cajun @ Edgyvette; 02-18-2019 at 08:43 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Single Turbo Kit/s?

Old 02-18-2019, 08:46 AM
Luke C7
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Cajun,

As I am looking at manifold designs since I will be attempting to craft my own, I notice that on this PTS kit the manifold SEEMS to be a single bank manifold? Please tell me there is a crossover pipe or something unseen from the other bank?
Old 02-18-2019, 08:53 AM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Luke C7
Cajun,

As I am looking at manifold designs since I will be attempting to craft my own, I notice that on this PTS kit the manifold SEEMS to be a single bank manifold? Please tell me there is a crossover pipe or something unseen from the other bank?
You would need to talk to Nick or Kayla at PTS regarding that. I dont feel it is appropriate for me to share technical details regarding their kit
Old 02-18-2019, 09:18 AM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Just thought I would share this information. On the street the black car runs about 20* higher (200-210*) in oil and coolant temps than the white car (180-190*) with Halltech, EV ported snout and LT4 TB, 2.30 griptech and EV Xpipe,

BUT on the dyno the black car IAT are nearly 40* cooler than the OEM LT4 SC car. Likely the massive PTS IC. Just saying
Mikec7z (02-25-2019)

Quick Reply: Single Turbo Kit/s?