Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous
Reload this Page >

Could PCV blow by (Stock PCV) with F1A-94 @18psi blow out that much oil?

Notices
C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could PCV blow by (Stock PCV) with F1A-94 @18psi blow out that much oil?

Old 03-10-2019, 04:26 PM
C5-VERT
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by robert miller View Post
Great man good to see that you are back up and running good. To me David is the best on his catch cans plus he is just a great guy willing to help. I have his can set up & wouldn't run anything else on the car..Robert
I found my culprit I had a tip break off one of my Brisk Silver RR14S spark plugs and one MSD wire impedance off. I replaced both and car is running strong as hell. Thanks to Chris Crawford again for helping me with holley logs to identify the cylinder as my HP Tuner logs showed #8, but that was only my wire issue, not my spark plug. My spark plug went on #7.

I have a message to Brisk about the issue will report back what they say. Don't like the idea of that tip bouncing around my cylinder I hope it just went out the exhaust and not down my ring langs...

Old 03-10-2019, 04:47 PM
robert miller
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,028 Posts
Default ttt

Originally Posted by C5-VERT View Post
I found my culprit I had a tip break off one of my Brisk Silver RR14S spark plugs and one MSD wire impedance off. I replaced both and car is running strong as hell. Thanks to Chris Crawford again for helping me with holley logs to identify the cylinder as my HP Tuner logs showed #8, but that was only my wire issue, not my spark plug. My spark plug went on #7.

I have a message to Brisk about the issue will report back what they say. Don't like the idea of that tip bouncing around my cylinder I hope it just went out the exhaust and not down my ring langs...

I agree on the tip of that plug you may want to get a camera & pull that plug & look down into the hole really good & see what you have. Robert
Old 03-10-2019, 10:22 PM
C5-VERT
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Thanks Robert going to get a compression gauge my old one is shot. Will pull compression first if ok I may stop there. I don't have a pin hole camera not a bad idea though. I pulled all my plugs tonight they were gapped a bit too much for my liking around .28 and a couple at .30. Not liking that. Especially for my power level. I also may consider going to the 12SS couple heat ranges colder just to be sure I am safe. Would rather have carbon build up than plug heat issues.

I am getting more logs done for Chris Crawford tomorrow so he can check things out for me. I also pushed my fuel pressure up about 5 psi above where I was to ensure I am rock solid up top. Chris has me rich right now so may be a bit more rich with the increased fuel pressure but he recommended me to bump it up and I trust him wholeheartedly. Going to dyno as soon very soon will post results.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Could PCV blow by (Stock PCV) with F1A-94 @18psi blow out that much oil?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: