C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT4 Supercharger installed on LT1?

Old 02-10-2019, 11:02 PM
hogurt
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Default LT4 Supercharger installed on LT1?

A good friend of mine is pulling his LT4 blower off his 2019 Camaro and I am buying it from him (he's going down the Magnuson path with his Camaro). Because it has a taller lid, what are the best option to modify the blower for the LT1 Stingray (wet sump)?

What have others done with this setup?

I am guessing I will pickup the new blower in a couple weeks and I already have one of the best Corvette mechanics on the planet here in St. Louis, so...should be ready to roll really soon. Truthfully, I think everything is taken care of already, I am just curious so that I can understand what we are getting into.

Last edited by hogurt; 02-10-2019 at 11:14 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:45 AM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 645 Likes on 388 Posts

Interested in the answer. I have a 2017 ZL1 and will be pulling the blower off soon. If it will fit a Stingray that would be good to know.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:00 AM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by hogurt
A good friend of mine is pulling his LT4 blower off his 2019 Camaro and I am buying it from him (he's going down the Magnuson path with his Camaro). Because it has a taller lid, what are the best option to modify the blower for the LT1 Stingray (wet sump)?

What have others done with this setup?

I am guessing I will pickup the new blower in a couple weeks and I already have one of the best Corvette mechanics on the planet here in St. Louis, so...should be ready to roll really soon. Truthfully, I think everything is taken care of already, I am just curious so that I can understand what we are getting into.
Please do a search. There's like 5 very detailed threads on this already. Short answer, it works.

Last edited by BrunoTheMellow; 02-11-2019 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:44 AM
hogurt
Drifting

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow
Please do a search. There's like 5 very detailed threads on this already. Short answer, it works.
The search sucks. But thanks for the recommendation.
The following 2 users liked this post by hogurt:
big454blockchevy (01-17-2023), s n v f f (12-01-2020)
Old 02-11-2019, 10:47 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 863 Likes on 600 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-stingray.html
The following users liked this post:
Steve Garrett (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 03:31 PM
hogurt
Drifting

nice thread, but doesn’t address the differences between the new model blower and the older model...the lid is different height...is that a problem? How are you modifying the new blower, with taller lid, to fit under the C7 hood?

Last edited by hogurt; 02-11-2019 at 11:03 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:41 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

The search sucks. But thanks for the recommendation.
Google search does much better.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:18 PM
hogurt
Drifting

Google search does much better.
Cool. Google isn’t what I was looking for...I prefer to hear from people on the forum, but thanks.

I am specifically looking for options to put the smaller lid on the new Lt4 blower.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:02 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Cool. Google isn’t what I was looking for...I prefer to hear from people on the forum, but thanks.

I am specifically looking for options to put the smaller lid on the new Lt4 blower.
No man, I'm saying Google search does much better at finding Corvette forum results than the Corvette forum search.

Here. 5 seconds. Look what I found:

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF...7+lt4+stingray

You can find info much faster that way then waiting for someone to respond. Mostly people don't want to retype again and again and again. I'm not going through all those threads for you. I'm sure someone has gone through this.

Last edited by BrunoTheMellow; 02-11-2019 at 10:06 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by BrunoTheMellow:
Cryptoboy (02-11-2023), Steve Garrett (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 10:15 PM
hogurt
Drifting

No man, I'm saying Google search does much better at finding Corvette forum results than the Corvette forum search.

Here. 5 seconds. Look what I found:

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF...7+lt4+stingray

You can find info much faster that way then waiting for someone to respond. Mostly people don't want to retype again and again and again. I'm not going through all those threads for you. I'm sure someone has gone through this.
Yep. I saw all of that before ever posted. I had a question that I haven't seen discussed.

1. If I buy a 2019 LT4 blower from a Camaro, the taller lid doesn't really fit with the stock hood. What are people doing to address? Are they simply swapping to the shorter lid? Do you have to swap the bricks and the lid? How does it work?
2. Would it be better to keep the taller lid and simply do something else to make it fit?
3. Is it better to just get the shorter lid old style blower?

Like I said, I am posting here for discussion because I believe the guys I am working with have it covered. This is really to have a discussion so I am aware of what others are doing.

Last edited by hogurt; 02-11-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:23 PM
Bruce_K
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

The taller lid won't hurt. You will have to remove the hood liner. I have the taller lid on my stingray
Old 02-15-2019, 07:55 AM
hogurt
Drifting

Mine has been customized more to come:
Old 02-18-2019, 10:08 PM
hogurt
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bruce_K
The taller lid won't hurt. You will have to remove the hood liner. I have the taller lid on my stingray
Two questions:

1. Is your car the wet sump corvette?
2. Did you get the LT4 supercharger off a newer Camaro?
Old 02-20-2019, 12:13 AM
hogurt
Drifting

At this point, I am looking at what it will take to make the LT4 Camaro ZL1 blower work on the Stingray Corvette (also wet sump).

I have ave spoken to several people who say it can’t work. Once I get everything together in the next week or two, I will go over the parts to see what it looks like.

1. I see the top blower pulley sticks out about an inch further than the Vette LT4 blower.
2. It seems like with the ATI damper, hub and supercharger pulleys combined, it might line up...but I need to get some pictures and play with the positioning.

if it looks too difficult, I suppose I would really just need to swap the ZL1 blower for the Z06 blower, but I am hoping it really can work out.

Has anyone installed the ZL1 blower on the Wet Sump Stingray?

PS - I have done searches and called a bunch of people to discuss...
Old 02-20-2019, 12:15 AM
Bruce_K
Racer

Who is giving you this info. It's the same blower the bricks are angled are the only difference. The camaro had the exact same LT4 as the z06 there is nothing different besides the the car itself.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:00 AM
hogurt
Drifting

Who is giving you this info. It's the same blower the bricks are angled are the only difference. The camaro had the exact same LT4 as the z06 there is nothing different besides the the car itself.
Look at the two blowers in the picture. You can see that the first blower has a pulley sticking out well past the intake where as the second does not. The Camaro pulley is just over an inch forward compared to Vette.

The question then is, what parts are needed to get the pulleys to lineup...if using the Camaro blower.

i assume that’s because the Camaro is wet sump vs the Z06 being dry sump?

its interesting, because I think there are several ways to make this work. I am just not certain the options are cost effective. The ATI pulley with a hub would allow the balancer, pulley, hub combo to move forward which might match up. But, I don’t yet see how that gets accessories aligned.

It seems to me that the belt line is different between the two blowers.

I can see a custom pulley that gets the Camaro blower back to the Z06 belt line. I could also see the adjustments made on the lower pulley...

Last edited by hogurt; 02-20-2019 at 01:17 AM.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:48 AM
Bruce_K
Racer

That pulley is clearly different. The blowers are the same. The snouts are the same. They fit the same engine. Cheap *** GM wouldn't order 2 separate blowers for the same motor. Again they are the same. The pulley maybe different but that's it. Get a stock pulley and take that one off

Last edited by Bruce_K; 02-20-2019 at 09:49 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To LT4 Supercharger installed on LT1?

Old 02-20-2019, 10:21 AM
hogurt
Drifting

That pulley is clearly different. The blowers are the same. The snouts are the same. They fit the same engine. Cheap *** GM wouldn't order 2 separate blowers for the same motor. Again they are the same. The pulley maybe different but that's it. Get a stock pulley and take that one off
That’s not accurate. You can see the arm leading to the pulley is different. The pulley is the same on these. The Camaro blower is extended just over an inch further forward than the Corvette blower.

Thia was confirmed by ADM, Weapon X and West Michigan...at the same time, I know it can work and I know someone who did it. The question is whether or not there are other ways to make it line up or if many others have done so.

The one I know about used a custom pulley to return to Camaro pulley to the Z06 belt line. I am trying to confirm, but I think he may have also had to modify the intake to accommodate. I am hoping there is an easier way.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:38 AM
Bruce_K
Racer

I'm confused on the point if the thread since you seen to have most of the answers.

Good luck.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:38 AM
TorchZ51
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 65 Posts

That’s not accurate. You can see the arm leading to the pulley is different. The pulley is the same on these. The Camaro blower is extended just over an inch further forward than the Corvette blower.

Thia was confirmed by ADM, Weapon X and West Michigan...at the same time, I know it can work and I know someone who did it. The question is whether or not there are other ways to make it line up or if many others have done so.

The one I know about used a custom pulley to return to Camaro pulley to the Z06 belt line. I am trying to confirm, but I think he may have also had to modify the intake to accommodate. I am hoping there is an easier way.
Why mess with all that? Bottom line, the Camaro blower pulley spacing IS different and won’t work. Get the correct Z06 blower that lines up properly and move on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LT4 Supercharger installed on LT1?