Notices
C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT4 Supercharger installed on LT1?

 
Old 02-11-2019, 12:02 AM
  #1  
hogurt
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
hogurt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2002
Location: Fairview Hts. IL
Posts: 1,768
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default LT4 Supercharger installed on LT1?

A good friend of mine is pulling his LT4 blower off his 2019 Camaro and I am buying it from him (he's going down the Magnuson path with his Camaro). Because it has a taller lid, what are the best option to modify the blower for the LT1 Stingray (wet sump)?

What have others done with this setup?

I am guessing I will pickup the new blower in a couple weeks and I already have one of the best Corvette mechanics on the planet here in St. Louis, so...should be ready to roll really soon. Truthfully, I think everything is taken care of already, I am just curious so that I can understand what we are getting into.

Last edited by hogurt; 02-11-2019 at 12:14 AM.
hogurt is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 08:45 AM
  #2  
7LitreC5
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
7LitreC5's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2001
Location: Black Forest CO
Posts: 4,405
Thanked 90 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Interested in the answer. I have a 2017 ZL1 and will be pulling the blower off soon. If it will fit a Stingray that would be good to know.
7LitreC5 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 11:00 AM
  #3  
BrunoTheMellow
CF Senior Member
 
BrunoTheMellow's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,895
Thanked 295 Times in 233 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by hogurt View Post
A good friend of mine is pulling his LT4 blower off his 2019 Camaro and I am buying it from him (he's going down the Magnuson path with his Camaro). Because it has a taller lid, what are the best option to modify the blower for the LT1 Stingray (wet sump)?

What have others done with this setup?

I am guessing I will pickup the new blower in a couple weeks and I already have one of the best Corvette mechanics on the planet here in St. Louis, so...should be ready to roll really soon. Truthfully, I think everything is taken care of already, I am just curious so that I can understand what we are getting into.
Please do a search. There's like 5 very detailed threads on this already. Short answer, it works.

Last edited by BrunoTheMellow; 02-11-2019 at 11:01 AM.
BrunoTheMellow is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 11:44 AM
  #4  
hogurt
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
hogurt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2002
Location: Fairview Hts. IL
Posts: 1,768
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow View Post
Please do a search. There's like 5 very detailed threads on this already. Short answer, it works.
The search sucks. But thanks for the recommendation.
hogurt is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 11:47 AM
  #5  
C7&7
CF Senior Member
 
C7&7's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: DFW TX
Posts: 5,117
Thanked 203 Times in 174 Posts
Default

C7&7 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to C7&7 For This Useful Post:
Steven Bell (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 04:31 PM
  #6  
hogurt
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
hogurt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2002
Location: Fairview Hts. IL
Posts: 1,768
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

nice thread, but doesn’t address the differences between the new model blower and the older model...the lid is different height...is that a problem? How are you modifying the new blower, with taller lid, to fit under the C7 hood?

Last edited by hogurt; 02-12-2019 at 12:03 AM.
hogurt is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 06:41 PM
  #7  
BrunoTheMellow
CF Senior Member
 
BrunoTheMellow's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,895
Thanked 295 Times in 233 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by hogurt View Post
The search sucks. But thanks for the recommendation.
Google search does much better.
BrunoTheMellow is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 09:18 PM
  #8  
hogurt
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
hogurt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2002
Location: Fairview Hts. IL
Posts: 1,768
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow View Post
Google search does much better.
Cool. Google isnít what I was looking for...I prefer to hear from people on the forum, but thanks.

I am specifically looking for options to put the smaller lid on the new Lt4 blower.
hogurt is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 11:02 PM
  #9  
BrunoTheMellow
CF Senior Member
 
BrunoTheMellow's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,895
Thanked 295 Times in 233 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by hogurt View Post
Cool. Google isnít what I was looking for...I prefer to hear from people on the forum, but thanks.

I am specifically looking for options to put the smaller lid on the new Lt4 blower.
No man, I'm saying Google search does much better at finding Corvette forum results than the Corvette forum search.

Here. 5 seconds. Look what I found:

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF...7+lt4+stingray

You can find info much faster that way then waiting for someone to respond. Mostly people don't want to retype again and again and again. I'm not going through all those threads for you. I'm sure someone has gone through this.

Last edited by BrunoTheMellow; 02-11-2019 at 11:06 PM.
BrunoTheMellow is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to BrunoTheMellow For This Useful Post:
Steven Bell (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 11:15 PM
  #10  
hogurt
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
hogurt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2002
Location: Fairview Hts. IL
Posts: 1,768
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow View Post
No man, I'm saying Google search does much better at finding Corvette forum results than the Corvette forum search.

Here. 5 seconds. Look what I found:

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF...7+lt4+stingray

You can find info much faster that way then waiting for someone to respond. Mostly people don't want to retype again and again and again. I'm not going through all those threads for you. I'm sure someone has gone through this.
Yep. I saw all of that before ever posted. I had a question that I haven't seen discussed.

1. If I buy a 2019 LT4 blower from a Camaro, the taller lid doesn't really fit with the stock hood. What are people doing to address? Are they simply swapping to the shorter lid? Do you have to swap the bricks and the lid? How does it work?
2. Would it be better to keep the taller lid and simply do something else to make it fit?
3. Is it better to just get the shorter lid old style blower?

Like I said, I am posting here for discussion because I believe the guys I am working with have it covered. This is really to have a discussion so I am aware of what others are doing.

Last edited by hogurt; 02-12-2019 at 12:05 AM.
hogurt is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 07:23 PM
  #11  
Bruce_K
CF Senior Member
 
Bruce_K's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2016
Posts: 143
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Default

The taller lid won't hurt. You will have to remove the hood liner. I have the taller lid on my stingray
Bruce_K is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 08:55 AM
  #12  
hogurt
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
hogurt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2002
Location: Fairview Hts. IL
Posts: 1,768
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Mine has been customized more to come:
hogurt is offline  
Old 02-18-2019, 11:08 PM
  #13  
hogurt
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
hogurt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2002
Location: Fairview Hts. IL
Posts: 1,768
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bruce_K View Post
The taller lid won't hurt. You will have to remove the hood liner. I have the taller lid on my stingray
Two questions:

1. Is your car the wet sump corvette?
2. Did you get the LT4 supercharger off a newer Camaro?
hogurt is offline  
Old Today, 01:13 AM
  #14  
hogurt
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
hogurt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2002
Location: Fairview Hts. IL
Posts: 1,768
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

At this point, I am looking at what it will take to make the LT4 Camaro ZL1 blower work on the Stingray Corvette (also wet sump).

I have ave spoken to several people who say it canít work. Once I get everything together in the next week or two, I will go over the parts to see what it looks like.

1. I see the top blower pulley sticks out about an inch further than the Vette LT4 blower.
2. It seems like with the ATI damper, hub and supercharger pulleys combined, it might line up...but I need to get some pictures and play with the positioning.

if it looks too difficult, I suppose I would really just need to swap the ZL1 blower for the Z06 blower, but I am hoping it really can work out.

Has anyone installed the ZL1 blower on the Wet Sump Stingray?

PS - I have done searches and called a bunch of people to discuss...
hogurt is offline  
Old Today, 01:15 AM
  #15  
Bruce_K
CF Senior Member
 
Bruce_K's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2016
Posts: 143
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Who is giving you this info. It's the same blower the bricks are angled are the only difference. The camaro had the exact same LT4 as the z06 there is nothing different besides the the car itself.
Bruce_K is offline  
Old Today, 02:00 AM
  #16  
hogurt
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
hogurt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2002
Location: Fairview Hts. IL
Posts: 1,768
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default


Originally Posted by Bruce_K View Post
Who is giving you this info. It's the same blower the bricks are angled are the only difference. The camaro had the exact same LT4 as the z06 there is nothing different besides the the car itself.
Look at the two blowers in the picture. You can see that the first blower has a pulley sticking out well past the intake where as the second does not. The Camaro pulley is just over an inch forward compared to Vette.

The question then is, what parts are needed to get the pulleys to lineup...if using the Camaro blower.

i assume thatís because the Camaro is wet sump vs the Z06 being dry sump?

its interesting, because I think there are several ways to make this work. I am just not certain the options are cost effective. The ATI pulley with a hub would allow the balancer, pulley, hub combo to move forward which might match up. But, I donít yet see how that gets accessories aligned.

It seems to me that the belt line is different between the two blowers.

I can see a custom pulley that gets the Camaro blower back to the Z06 belt line. I could also see the adjustments made on the lower pulley...

Last edited by hogurt; Today at 02:17 AM.
hogurt is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LT4 Supercharger installed on LT1?


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: