C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baro Breakout?

Old 02-16-2019, 04:28 PM
jeffinavette
CF Senior Member

Default Baro Breakout?

I知 wondering if I知 gonna need one. I have a a8 with stock manifolds and a x pipe. I知 installing a A&A kit with a 3.8 pulley. No meth. No e85. No fuel upgrades currently.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:24 PM
robert miller
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,035 Posts
Default ttt

Originally Posted by jeffinavette View Post
I知 wondering if I知 gonna need one. I have a a8 with stock manifolds and a x pipe. I知 installing a A&A kit with a 3.8 pulley. No meth. No e85. No fuel upgrades currently.
It is only like 55.00 get it. Robert
Old 02-17-2019, 08:26 PM
jeffinavette
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by robert miller View Post
It is only like 55.00 get it. Robert
whats the benefit? I was told I didn稚 need it from my tuner
Old 02-17-2019, 10:33 PM
Higgs Boson
CF Senior Member

yes you need it, I even run one on my C7Z for consistency.

the baro is in the maf and when you boost a stingray the baro sensor sees boost also which means it becomes inaccurate. since the speed density/volumetric efficiency airflow model uses Pressure Ratio (map divided by baro) instead of just map like older cars, it will be inaccurate.

even if the tune is set as maf only, the ecm still uses the VE table(s) for torque calculation so it needs to be properly tuned also, and at that point you might as well use both VE and MAF like GM does.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:59 PM
robert miller
CF Senior Member

Default ttt

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
yes you need it, I even run one on my C7Z for consistency.

the baro is in the maf and when you boost a stingray the baro sensor sees boost also which means it becomes inaccurate. since the speed density/volumetric efficiency airflow model uses Pressure Ratio (map divided by baro) instead of just map like older cars, it will be inaccurate.

even if the tune is set as maf only, the ecm still uses the VE table(s) for torque calculation so it needs to be properly tuned also, and at that point you might as well use both VE and MAF like GM does.
I agree this c7 is not like the c5 & c6 set up almost every thing is diff. ARE diff to the point IF A PERSON that is doing the tuning on your car dont know this I really would get me a NEW tuner with a blower on your car.. You could have a blown motor for sure with no meth & someone that really dont know what he is doing on this tune on a c7.. I really cant believe he told you that with a blower. Robert
Old 02-18-2019, 12:53 PM
jeffinavette
CF Senior Member

I bought the breakout from weapon x
Old 02-18-2019, 10:38 PM
robert miller
CF Senior Member

Default ttt

Originally Posted by jeffinavette View Post
I bought the breakout from weapon x
With a blower on the car & which ever tuner says you didnt need one I would get me a new tuner plus I would put meth on the car also. If no more than for INSurance to feed & keep the IAT temps down & not for gain of HP.. Robert

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: