C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone spraying meth directly into their supercharger inlet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 01:19 PM
Fast6.3
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Billy have you done a staggered setup. Pre centei plus pre tb.
Old 05-19-2022, 11:33 PM
jdwtx85
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

How were the iats? Was it slightly richer? Leave the tune alone and just beat on it harder?
updates?
Originally Posted by jimxms
Yeah it’s a devilsown DO3 370ml/min one.

Ive got a bit of a bastardised meth system with devils nozzles and lines, but alky pump and controller. I just couldn’t stand the brass fittings on the alky setup. My car is as much show as go.
Old 05-20-2022, 01:53 AM
jimxms
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by jdwtx85
How were the iats? Was it slightly richer? Leave the tune alone and just beat on it harder?
updates?
I've had this setup on my car for a few years now and its been working great. S/c stays a lot cooler and aits are a few deg lower.

Also, This may be anecdotal, but i appear to be the only person who is pushing 30psi with a d1x procharger (and ive got a very free flowing motor with 95mm tb, ported heads, long tubes, no cats)
Old 05-20-2022, 02:41 AM
Kingtal0n
Melting Slicks

Received 722 Likes on 496 Posts

It may come as a shock that the IAT drop from typical aux injection systems is practically negligible even when using pure alcohol fuel.

Injecting 175cc/min of 100% methanol to an engine producing 440bhp (380rwhp) results with an IAT drop of 21.7*F
Double the injection to 350cc/min of 100% Methanol and the engine flow rate to 880bhp gives the same exact IAT drop 21.7*F
Some of that IAT drop will leech out into the plumbing, intake manifold, surrounding materials, so not all of it will reach the cylinder.

Verified the calculation using engineering calculator online

The true power of aux methanol mixing with gasoline is in it's high octane race fuel quality improvement to typical gasoline fuels.
Water is far superior in terms of cooling the cylinder.

If the object or goal is to increase boost pressure using a forged high temperature capable piston you would use methanol aux injections more than water.
IF the goal is to protect a cast or stock piston engine from high temperature related failure you would use 100% distilled water instead of methanol.
The water needs to make it into the cylinder before it evaporates, therefore always inject as close to the intake manifold as possible to achieve large water droplets. Assuming distribution is not an issue (it could be for large injections so- watch out!)

Octane boost is great for increasing boost pressure with gasoline fuels, but water injection can reduce thermal expansion of cast pistons which will save a stock piston engine from failure. That is something alcohol fuel cannot do in the quantity injected by aux injection system.

Quick Reply: Anyone spraying meth directly into their supercharger inlet?