C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel system questions with Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 08:52 PM
ThrowOutthebills
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fuel system questions with Supercharger

I have an auto 2014 Corvette, base. Current mods are AFE intake, ported TB, Texas Speed heads, BTR stage 1 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 headers and Kooks X pipe. Mustang Dyno 495hp 480tq. I just Purchased an ECS 1500 supercharger, Meth Kit and catch can. My goal is to not blow up the motor. I don't know the difference between the low side and high side of fuel pressure. Would the stock fuel system be able to handle the current mods, supercharger, and meth kit. Any help is appreciated.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:58 PM
hogurt
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ThrowOutthebills
I have an auto 2014 Corvette, base. Current mods are AFE intake, ported TB, Texas Speed heads, BTR stage 1 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 headers and Kooks X pipe. Mustang Dyno 495hp 480tq. I just Purchased an ECS 1500 supercharger, Meth Kit and catch can. My goal is to not blow up the motor. I don't know the difference between the low side and high side of fuel pressure. Would the stock fuel system be able to handle the current mods, supercharger, and meth kit. Any help is appreciated.
Do you know the fuel lobe on your cam? You are still going to run out of the hpfp first...otherwise, it's going to depend on how much air you decide to push through that pump. :-)

I will tell you that with my LT1 (Camaro), I started with a bigger pulley and did the testing/tuning and then if the fuel was ok...I went to the next pulley...rinse and repeat...you will be able to log runs with HP Tuner software and you can make the decisions as you go.

Personally, I would add the hpfp and the injectors right from the get go...but I can't really say with your specific config where you will hit the limit. I am sure others will chime in with better info.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:32 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Most of what I have seen from BTR on a cam is a 38% increase in fuel on the lobe of the cam, what is your set up.. With only being on a stock lobe cam & meth you will need to keep your boost level at 5 to 7 lbs. You will run out of fuel on the LT1 set up for sure, like the other guy has said put in the LT4 pump & the LT4 inj now. With this you will be good until you crack a piston ring. The stock piston is crap in this car with any type of blower set up on the lt1 pistons then it will be the rods the crank will handle all of what this 1500 can put out. The crank all of them are forged in the c7.. Robert
Old 03-09-2019, 08:58 AM
ThrowOutthebills
Intermediate

Thanks for the info. The BTR cam is a stage one with no increase of the fuel lobe.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:04 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by ThrowOutthebills
Thanks for the info. The BTR cam is a stage one with no increase of the fuel lobe.
That was what I was thinking on the stage one you will only get about 20 to 30 hp from that cam by what I have been told & seen from the dyno.. You did chg out the valve spring correct to a better set up the stockers are crap in these cars. Robert
Old 03-09-2019, 09:38 PM
ThrowOutthebills
Intermediate

yes. Upgraded valve train when we ordered the texas speed heads.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:02 PM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

You will be fine with the LT1 fuel system on 600ish. Which the limits on the stock pistons are at anyways.

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel system questions with Supercharger

Quick Reply: Fuel system questions with Supercharger