C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice for 1000whp

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 11:12 PM
blue_bomber697
Drifting

Received 1,296 Likes on 479 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Default Advice for 1000whp

Looking at getting a bit more power this summer/fall and not sure what I will need for a goal of 1000+whp. Car is close to what I want, but just need a bit extra to get to where I want.

Build details:
2014 M7 Stingray, currently makes 840whp/750ft-lbs on pump 94 gas, traps 141 at my ~4000DA track.
Mods: LPE built 416 motor with Callies forged crank, mild GT35 Cam w/ fuel lobe, ported heads, 10.5 comp Mahle forged pistons, ECS1500 blower with a 3.75" pulley and horizontal intercooler, LT4 Injectors and HPFP, CPR Low side, Dual Meth, ARH 1 7/8" longtubes w/X-pipe, Tony Mamo ported Throttle Body, Mantic Triple disk clutch, RPM built wavetrac diff with 3.90 gears.

Now I know I've needed a bigger supercharger for a while now, and was recently offered a gently used YSI-b that I am considering buying. But with a goal of 1000whp I am not sure how to go about that and what I will need. I'm looking on advice for fueling as I might need bigger injectors, what fuel to use (pump, E85, Fuse116, Fury114, etc)(E85 is not available on pump to me and would be treated like race gas essentially). Also things like, is a horizontal intercooler still good enough at those levels or would that need to be change? I also still have the stock intake still and would prefer to keep it if I can. But would like to hear if thats capable of 1000whp or if I need to switch it out to say a ported MSD or something.

Plus anything else I am missing or may have not considered. I'm all ears for the experts. Basically just, I wasnt 1000whp, whats the easiest way for me to get there from where I am now.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:30 PM
black_c7
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

I made 1006 on pumpgas and methanol, i would say the intercooler will handle 1000whp but if you change it and put a 3.5 pipe from the cooler to throttle that will give you some extra power down low, if you can change the intake to a sheet metal intake that might as well help the methanol distribution. Other than that you should be good to make that power
Old 06-11-2019, 11:33 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default Ttt

Look at the YSI are the F1A wks good on these cars also. Need to look at the 10 rib set up & the smallest top pulley that will go on which ever set up you got as far as blower. But for the YSI look at the 2.75 need to talk with a few more on the F1A pulley but go with the smallest one & be done with it.

With just these items you will be with what you have now over the 1,k rwhp with the fueling added also. If you give Josh are Andy at A/A a call both can walk you thur the YSI with your motor set up and parts... Great shop & guys to deal with... With also you are looking at may look at the sheet metal intake from Edgevette vendor in here Cajun the owner will fix you up on one with 2nd set of inj in it also for fuel... Robert
Old 06-12-2019, 12:39 AM
blue_bomber697
Drifting

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by robert miller
Look at the YSI are the F1A wks good on these cars also. Need to look at the 10 rib set up & the smallest top pulley that will go on which ever set up you got as far as blower. But for the YSI look at the 2.75 need to talk with a few more on the F1A pulley but go with the smallest one & be done with it.

With just these items you will be with what you have now over the 1,k rwhp with the fueling added also. If you give Josh are Andy at A/A a call both can walk you thur the YSI with your motor set up and parts... Great shop & guys to deal with... With also you are looking at may look at the sheet metal intake from Edgevette vendor in here Cajun the owner will fix you up on one with 2nd set of inj in it also for fuel... Robert
Yeah the 10-Rib is a given. I already have an ECS bracket for my blower and was told that would fit the YSI-B (ECS2200-X equivalent) so I would like to stick with that.

As far as fueling upgrades, would I need more than I have? Do I need new injectors or I am good? Are you talking about a second set of injectors for Port + Direct injection? Doesn't that require some kind of second controller I heard? I have a lot to learn about fueling.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:59 AM
NORTY
Race Director

Received 390 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by blue_bomber697
Basically just, I wasnt 1000whp, whats the easiest way for me to get there from where I am now.
Nawwwsssss.

If you're at 840 HP now, then you already know the chances of using what you've already got is slim, on the street. You're kinda of between a rock and a hard spot.Too much for the street, and no where near enough for the track. To be competitive on the strip, you need quadruple the power you now seek. Maybe 6 or 8 times, as you are limited by the fuel you choose. TF is another level, altogether.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:27 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

I would just invest in a good port injection system and run E85 if possible. Or at least go port injection with a nice sheet metal intake (LME, Frank. or G1Pro).
Old 06-12-2019, 10:43 AM
blue_bomber697
Drifting

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by NORTY
Nawwwsssss.
And honestly, would be a good solution in theory, but I just don't really have the room in my trunk... my car is a daily driver and we go out of town lots with a full trunk. And when I go racing, I have to bring 2 extra tires, jack, air pump, etc that fills up my whole trunk. I'd love to put in a 200 shot and call it a day, but I don't have a good location to put a bottle.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:56 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by C5-VERT
I would just invest in a good port injection system and run E85 if possible. Or at least go port injection with a nice sheet metal intake (LME, Frank. or G1Pro).
I agree 200% OP let me just tell you this you need to stay where you are at for the street are go big time for the track. I had a c5 RHS 427 motor smaller cam for the street. But 245 trick flow heads that had been wked by brian tooley, F1X blower, making almost 1300 rwhp thur a auto trans. I had to paddle the crap out of it on the street even running 15,s on the rear with bead lock. But once it did hook so I only did roll racing from 60mph plus with guys on a road.

When you get to 1,k plus all you are going to do is brake parts & really unless you get a ton of seat time on paddle the car you will get your azz put down & that is no fun at all. Keep the car at what you have it for a few years until you can drive it like it is with your eyes close then step it up.

My c7 now I just redoing it only going to be at about 850 rwhp I will have one great toy and going to love it. But I have also put ever after market part from rear in to motor, drive shaft c.f. 3 inch, converter diff mounts motor & trans everything. What ever you do have fun man be safe... Robert
Old 06-12-2019, 12:05 PM
3honkz
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a pretty similar setup except I have 377 instead of 416. If you are only trying to get to 1000-1100 I would just get the ysi-b or 2200x with 10 rib 2.75 cross cut upper from A&A and 8.35 lower. The port Injection will definitely help along with a billet manifold but that gets expensive real fast if you are not trying to spend money. Just make sure u have twin nozzle meth becasue you will be relying on meth at those power levels and also tell your tuner to tune the car on race gas that will help get you more timing and safer. The stock intake will be just fine but if you are trying to get more power and daily drive it I would also consider doing A2W setup down the road since the horizontal intercooler blocks the radiator causing high iats. GL
Old 06-12-2019, 03:02 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 865 Likes on 601 Posts

Getting to 1000 wheel with the novi 1500 will be a stretch. Going to the 2200 would be the ticket. You could however do flex fuel and port injection and that would warrant about another 50hp probably.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:15 AM
blue_bomber697
Drifting

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by 3honkz
I have a pretty similar setup except I have 377 instead of 416. If you are only trying to get to 1000-1100 I would just get the ysi-b or 2200x with 10 rib 2.75 cross cut upper from A&A and 8.35 lower. The port Injection will definitely help along with a billet manifold but that gets expensive real fast if you are not trying to spend money. Just make sure u have twin nozzle meth becasue you will be relying on meth at those power levels and also tell your tuner to tune the car on race gas that will help get you more timing and safer. The stock intake will be just fine but if you are trying to get more power and daily drive it I would also consider doing A2W setup down the road since the horizontal intercooler blocks the radiator causing high iats. GL
3honkz, it’s me, ‘markd_c7’ from IG haha. You are the one who sparked this whole thought process for me haha.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:16 AM
blue_bomber697
Drifting

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by C7&7
Getting to 1000 wheel with the novi 1500 will be a stretch. Going to the 2200 would be the ticket. You could however do flex fuel and port injection and that would warrant about another 50hp probably.
That’s what I’m debating, doing the YSI-B swap or potentially adding a 200-250 shot of nitrous while keeping the 1500.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:09 AM
on3wego
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a port injection harness for sale with a 5 bar map sensor if interested in that direction
Old 06-13-2019, 05:59 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 865 Likes on 601 Posts

That’s what I’m debating, doing the YSI-B swap or potentially adding a 200-250 shot of nitrous while keeping the 1500.
I was at the exact same fork in the road. I maxed out my 1500 at a tad over 900 with e50. I went to the 2200x and the car made a touch over 1100. I always kept the horizontal inter cooler also. I just called ECS and said I want the 2200x and 10 rib setup. This decision did limit what fuel I could run though because I hadn’t done port injection yet. Btw mark it’s Tim from IG. I did t know you were on the forum!
Old 06-13-2019, 07:31 AM
3honkz
Racer

3honkz, it’s me, ‘markd_c7’ from IG haha. You are the one who sparked this whole thought process for me haha.
Oh Haha then u dont need A2W u live up in Canada with cold weather most of the time lol
Old 06-13-2019, 08:26 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by 3honkz
We've been 1K+ hp on our C7 for a few years now, most recently, stepping up to a TS&P 416. Like the OP, we had our setup purpose built from the ground up for forced induction (forged Callies Magnum Crank, forged Callies I-Beam rods, forged Mahle pistons, lower compression, FIC injectors, secondary fuel system, TS&P VVT3 camshaft, ARH 2" to 2 1/8" stepped headers, etc). We are on a 2200 blower but one thing we encountered was the horizontal intercooler issue described here. Our IAT's were high and even now, we are looking for a better custom intercooler solution. After speaking with Chris at ECS, their intercooler is good to about 1000 hp. I'm unsure if that's a RWHP or Crank HP rating. I spoke to Procharger yesterday and they are hoping to release a 1500 HP rated intercooler but said they are still months away from doing that. I believe that will be an A2W intercooler (if someone is in the know and I'm misinformed, please chime in). One thing I did differently on our current 416 build was sell our dual nozzle Alky Control system. To ensure even methanol distribution to each cylinder, we went with a 9 nozzle custom port injection setup from ProMeth (one injector per cylinder + one injector tapped in front of our throttle body on a shaved and plumbed MSD Airforce intake). If you still wish to make that leap from the 850 to 1000+ hp, be prepared spend a pretty penny and have plenty of patience. There is simply no way for us to drive our car under heavy throttle on public streets. The Michelin tires just aren't cutting it. We had a set of custom 18" BC Forged wheels recently made but they are still at our local powder coating company, getting match coated to our current wheels. We are hoping our new Mickey Thompson SS ET 305 35 18's will give us just a little more traction over the Michelin's.. hehe.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:33 AM
3honkz
Racer

Originally Posted by officermartinez
We've been 1K+ hp on our C7 for a few years now, most recently, stepping up to a TS&P 416. Like the OP, we had our setup purpose built from the ground up for forced induction (forged Callies Magnum Crank, forged Callies I-Beam rods, forged Mahle pistons, lower compression, FIC injectors, secondary fuel system, TS&P VVT3 camshaft, ARH 2" to 2 1/8" stepped headers, etc). We are on a 2200 blower but one thing we encountered was the horizontal intercooler issue described here. Our IAT's were high and even now, we are looking for a better custom intercooler solution. After speaking with Chris at ECS, their intercooler is good to about 1000 hp. I'm unsure if that's a RWHP or Crank HP rating. I spoke to Procharger yesterday and they are hoping to release a 1500 HP rated intercooler but said they are still months away from doing that. I believe that will be an A2W intercooler (if someone is in the know and I'm misinformed, please chime in). One thing I did differently on our current 416 build was sell our dual nozzle Alky Control system. To ensure even methanol distribution to each cylinder, we went with a 9 nozzle custom port injection setup from ProMeth (one injector per cylinder + one injector tapped in front of our throttle body on a shaved and plumbed MSD Airforce intake). If you still wish to make that leap from the 850 to 1000+ hp, be prepared spend a pretty penny and have plenty of patience. There is simply no way for us to drive our car under heavy throttle on public streets. The Michelin tires just aren't cutting it. We had a set of custom 18" BC Forged wheels recently made but they are still at our local powder coating company, getting match coated to our current wheels. We are hoping our new Mickey Thompson SS ET 305 35 18's will give us just a little more traction over the Michelin's.. hehe.
Sounds like a good setup and even them 18s wont do you any good on the streets if you are making over 1k+.

Get notified of new replies

To Advice for 1000whp

Old 06-13-2019, 11:08 AM
blue_bomber697
Drifting

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by officermartinez
All good advice. Currently I can hook pretty good at 45-60mph on a set of 19" Nitto NT05R's which is my daily driving set up. If I have to roll into it a bit more gently at 1000whp I could live with that. I don't do dig races on the street because there is no hope of traction anyways.

Whats the worst/best case scenario if I just went YSI-b and pullied down with everything else staying the same and just doing a pump gas tune and a race gas tune. Is that something I can get away with? Any idea what power it might make on pump/race gas? If it made like 940 on pump and 1000+ on race I would probably be happy with that for example.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:10 AM
blue_bomber697
Drifting

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by C7&7
I was at the exact same fork in the road. I maxed out my 1500 at a tad over 900 with e50. I went to the 2200x and the car made a touch over 1100. I always kept the horizontal inter cooler also. I just called ECS and said I want the 2200x and 10 rib setup. This decision did limit what fuel I could run though because I hadn’t done port injection yet. Btw mark it’s Tim from IG. I did t know you were on the forum!
That 1100whp was on E50 then? Does that mean you can no longer run pump gas or??? Did you happen to try pump gas when tuning and get any numbers for that?

And hello Tony! Yes I've been on the forum a long time. Just have a different screen name than my IG haha.

Last edited by blue_bomber697; 06-13-2019 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:06 PM
ForceFedC5
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
I agree 200% OP let me just tell you this you need to stay where you are at for the street are go big time for the track. I had a c5 RHS 427 motor smaller cam for the street. But 245 trick flow heads that had been wked by brian tooley, F1X blower, making almost 1300 rwhp thur a auto trans. I had to paddle the crap out of it on the street even running 15,s on the rear with bead lock. But once it did hook so I only did roll racing from 60mph plus with guys on a road.

When you get to 1,k plus all you are going to do is brake parts & really unless you get a ton of seat time on paddle the car you will get your azz put down & that is no fun at all. Keep the car at what you have it for a few years until you can drive it like it is with your eyes close then step it up.

My c7 now I just redoing it only going to be at about 850 rwhp I will have one great toy and going to love it. But I have also put ever after market part from rear in to motor, drive shaft c.f. 3 inch, converter diff mounts motor & trans everything. What ever you do have fun man be safe... Robert
I'm with Robert. Unless you can turn it down on demand, 1000rwhp on the street is just too much. Been there, done that.. (although mine was TT and prob hit a bit sooner)

Quick Reply: Advice for 1000whp