C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radiator fan running constantly. How to fill intercooler?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 11:25 AM
kf12538
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Radiator fan running constantly. How to fill intercooler?

2016 Z06. I recently installed the Griptec 9% overdrive pulley/belt, so I had to remove the supercharger. I lost a decent amount of coolant for the intercooler system. I'm not sure how to fill it back up. The small fill cap on the hose going into the supercharger does not allow much to go back in. The other issue is...all of a sudden my radiator fan is running all the time, from the moment of starting until after the car has been shut off, causing my coolant temperature to be way too low (enough to throw a P0128 code). I don't see how the two could be related, but it started immediately after I installed the pulley. I did replace the thermostat to a 160 thermostat, but it was a couple of weeks prior to the pulley. Any help on these two issues would be much appreciated.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:09 PM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Can’t help with coolant, but my guess with the fan running is that you unhooked your maf connector and in doing so the pins are not connecting properly. Very common as the connector is not very durable with regards to pushing the pins out.. what I would do if you disconnected is to disconnect it agin and look inside the connector to see if all pins are the same length. If not pull the pins gently to all match and put a piece of tape across the wires and see if when you connect it back if the wires move/ thus pushing the pins out.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:17 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by chefcg1
Can’t help with coolant, but my guess with the fan running is that you unhooked your maf connector and in doing so the pins are not connecting properly. Very common as the connector is not very durable with regards to pushing the pins out.. what I would do if you disconnected is to disconnect it agin and look inside the connector to see if all pins are the same length. If not pull the pins gently to all match and put a piece of tape across the wires and see if when you connect it back if the wires move/ thus pushing the pins out.
I agree here with you buddy. This piece are these pins hook up is a piece of crap, you have to really look & be careful on it.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:47 PM
Joshinator99
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by kf12538
2016 Z06. I recently installed the Griptec 9% overdrive pulley/belt, so I had to remove the supercharger. I lost a decent amount of coolant for the intercooler system. I'm not sure how to fill it back up. The small fill cap on the hose going into the supercharger does not allow much to go back in. The other issue is...all of a sudden my radiator fan is running all the time, from the moment of starting until after the car has been shut off, causing my coolant temperature to be way too low (enough to throw a P0128 code). I don't see how the two could be related, but it started immediately after I installed the pulley. I did replace the thermostat to a 160 thermostat, but it was a couple of weeks prior to the pulley. Any help on these two issues would be much appreciated.
You need to adjust the “mechanical thermostat” temp in HP Tuners to 160 degrees, plus adjust the engine target cooling temp down as well (185 is a good starting point), otherwise you’ll get the code you’re seeing and you won’t get the full benefit of the lower thermostat. FYI, the only 160 degree thermostat I’d suggest is the Katech unit. It’s the only OEM-quality 160 degree TS on the market. My brother had another CF vendor’s 160 TS and the wax melted out of it, overheating his Z06....! Very lucky his motor didn’t get nuked. He now runs the Katech unit as well...

Last edited by Joshinator99; 07-11-2019 at 10:48 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:24 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Originally Posted by Joshinator99
You need to adjust the “mechanical thermostat” temp in HP Tuners to 160 degrees, plus adjust the engine target cooling temp down as well (185 is a good starting point), otherwise you’ll get the code you’re seeing and you won’t get the full benefit of the lower thermostat. FYI, the only 160 degree thermostat I’d suggest is the Katech unit. It’s the only OEM-quality 160 degree TS on the market. My brother had another CF vendor’s 160 TS and the wax melted out of it, overheating his Z06....! Very lucky his motor didn’t get nuked. He now runs the Katech unit as well...

I would think he would had this done right off the bat.. I agree with it working correct ALL of this new stuff in the cars if you chg one thing more than not you will have to chg something else to get the 1st one to work correct..

Plus on the other guy above if you are talking about the vendor that sells the housing with the 160 I have that full set up with no problems at all with it...

Get notified of new replies

To Radiator fan running constantly. How to fill intercooler?

Quick Reply: Radiator fan running constantly. How to fill intercooler?