Sponsored by:

Check out this VETTE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 12:02 AM
DannyBoyC6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom400CFI
Oh yeah? Should we make a list of great name plates GM ***'ed? They "built them"...but no one came.
HHR
SSR
Solstice
4th gen Trans Am
4th gen Camaro
...to start.
I'm not following this statement (not implying it's unclear -- just to me), are you saying they're good cars that didn't sell, or just looked different than the "stock" styling and didn't sell?
Old 10-05-2007, 12:05 AM
0TH0001@properautocare.com
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The hood and rear scoop in front of the rear tire is F50
The side and rear is Lambo Diablo
The scoop above the rear tire is Ferrari 360
The tires are Lambo Gallardo
Old 10-05-2007, 03:57 AM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,099 Likes on 852 Posts

Default borrowing this thread for an important announcement

Has anyone seen the new Volvo commercial on TV?
It features a yellow masterpiece in design. That's what the next gen vette could look like. Just the right proportion, the right look for a completely new corvette (no jokes needed on Volvo vs. Corvette. The yellow one is in the background and is not the feature car being sold).
Old 10-05-2007, 09:11 AM
fsuforever
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by grafx_c6
It would be awesome if the next-gen Vette looked something like this...

A mix between a Zo6 and a Lambo...
looks real simiar to this http://forums.corvetteforum.com/phot...hp/photo/52827 this is a mid engine c5 rolling chassis supercar this will except all Ls base Motors
Old 10-05-2007, 11:56 AM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by fsuforever
looks real simiar to this http://forums.corvetteforum.com/phot...hp/photo/52827 this is a mid engine c5 rolling chassis supercar this will except all Ls base Motors
I think THIS one looks much better than that one.....
Old 10-05-2007, 06:09 PM
POACHR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by XTRME 94
I think THIS one looks much better than that one.....
you sir are on drugs. There is not an ounce of corvette in the picture you have listed
Old 10-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyBoyC6
I'm not following this statement (not implying it's unclear -- just to me), are you saying they're good cars that didn't sell, or just looked different than the "stock" styling and didn't sell?
Sorry for being unclear. Someone had posted saying "Built it and they will come". -Or something to that effect.

I listed just a FEW of the cars that people begged GM to build, GM did....and no one came.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:34 PM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by POACHR
you sir are on drugs. There is not an ounce of corvette in the picture you have listed
I think that would be you as I DID NOT post anything. I was referring to the OPer's picture being better than the linked one.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:32 AM
fsuforever
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Chances on Gm Building a Car Like this For Production is Highley Unlikeley , Yall Must be on Some Good Stuff , ,smells like somebody just put out a Fat Hootie If u want an Exotic ,I have A cousin That Sells Exotics ,& he can put u in what ever u want http://www.exoticsofscottsdale.com/
Old 10-06-2007, 11:24 AM
beabout
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fsuforever
The Chances on Gm Building a Car Like this For Production is Highley Unlikeley , Yall Must be on Some Good Stuff , ,smells like somebody just put out a Fat Hootie If u want an Exotic ,I have A cousin That Sells Exotics ,& he can put u in what ever u want http://www.exoticsofscottsdale.com/
GM? who would have thought Ford would build and sell a SC GT40 replica in the Ford GT either...
Old 10-06-2007, 12:05 PM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Sorry for being unclear. Someone had posted saying "Built it and they will come". -Or something to that effect.

I listed just a FEW of the cars that people begged GM to build, GM did....and no one came.
Nobody came because the dealers were spiking the price since they saw a hot ticket item.

Until Detroit can get a handle on this disturbing trend, we are going to see it happen over and over. Current GM franchise agreements do not address it, but a few of the foreign makes do...MSRP or below is all they are allowed. Allocations are the first hammer to get the dealer into line, then factory incentives to the dealer (to the tune of tens of thousands per month for some), then pulling the franchise completely is the way they deal with it.

It's crazy for the dealers to jack prices like they do...sales makes less than 25% of a dealerships entire bottom line...for ANY franchise. Parts & service makes up the other 75%+ of the revenues. It is short sighted at best for them to make a buck and alienate potential customers.

OK...I'll step off THAT soap-box now...

According to the recent Motor Trend, Lutz is pushing hard for a rear mid-engine platform for the C7. There is a large faction in GM that are pushing for it...but who knows what we'll see when they unveil it. I (for one) would love to see it.

The Factory Five GTM referenced above is 2250 lbs. dry weight (with A/C, stereo and creature comforts).

A little tweaking on the styling and it could be a front runner. I've been pondering over building one for the last year or so. You can complete it for about $45-50k, and with weight like that it would run circles around a Z06.

I'm sure GM has one to look at...pondering what they could do to bring something like it into production. Engineering usually has a copy of the front-running competitors to dissect how to reverse engineer it.

Many on this forum have stated that a design like this just HAS to weigh more, be more complicated, etc. Well, the scale tells all...add another 250 pounds for an AWD system and you still have a killer car that weighs less than a current C6 by a significant margin...a Z06 weighs in a 3160 lbs.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:26 PM
OKsweetrides
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

They'd be looking at a Ferrari for mid RWD. Mmmm pushrod shocks.
For mid AWD, they'd look to VW's Lambo division.

The GTM kit car would never be a mass produced, fails too many things that OEM's have to take into account. You have to get sub 2500 lbs somehow.

The vette in the picture looks ugly as sin in my opinion. Says "I'm just like all the fake designer bags getting hawked on Italian streets!"

The vette has its own styling cues it can use. No need to swipe Ferrari and Lambo styling and hawk it for your own.

I don't know though, I'd like to see a vette interpretation of a 288 GTO. Has a more muscular approach.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:02 PM
ILLUSHN
Safety Car

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Those are both AWESOME! You have some serious skills!
Old 10-13-2007, 08:33 PM
HD-Fatboy
Advanced

I think GM's problem is price. $30k for a 04 SSR? They had 03's sitting on the lot and wanting the same price. GM doesn't have a design problem, they have a reality problem.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:30 AM
xkilo16x
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 51 Posts

I think the design is quite nice. I just think the hood and front end should be a little longer and the overall body should be more slender. Everything seems kinda bulky and fat. No real supercar stance.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Guitars&Cars
Burning Brakes

Old 11-13-2007, 12:15 AM
rexx78
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a cool looking car, but there is no Corvette styling in that.

Get notified of new replies

To Check out this VETTE!

Old 11-13-2007, 12:21 AM
rexx78
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh yeah? Should we make a list of great name plates GM ***'ed? They "built them"...but no one came.
HHR
SSR
Solstice
4th gen Trans Am
4th gen Camaro
...to start.
Aztec
5th gen Camaro (probably)
Old 11-17-2007, 03:02 AM
Mr. Lau
Pro

It looks live a blend of every european sports car ever made....F50, Diablo, Gallardo, F430, you name it. It's on there. After that complicated surgery, they slapped on a Z06 front end, reshaped the cabin, and called it a Vette...

It's one awesome looking car, i'll tell you that...and it probably bolts from 0-60 in nothing, but it's lost a lot of Corvette's heritage and soul.....it's not American anymore.

STILL, nice though
Old 11-17-2007, 09:21 PM
C5 Hunter
Instructor

It needs an opening behind the front wheel, maybe the shark gills of the c3 would be cool with a channel down the side. It would make it a little more vetteish Anyhow this car is cool and should be built by someone another issue is striat up you skills with photo shop are wicked, i;ve worked with it a little and I respect what you are doing with it

Quick Reply: Check out this VETTE!