Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you want in a C7?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 06:25 PM
BBKenney
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If we can't get a 1967 body on today's technology (and I assume we can't), I second the suggestion of a Z06 Vert (in British Racing Green w/tan guts).

Oh yeah, and an actual working ipod integration.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:03 AM
'71VetteRacer
Instructor

I vote Chevy goes retro for the Vette with a mix of C2 and C3 body lines, sidepipes and headers stock, good gas mileage everywhere, front engine (I've heard that 2011 will bring a mid engine vette for LMP-1 at Le Mans) and flip up headlights.
I think the interior should be bone dry with very few ammenities, and a ZL-1 option for complete street legal race car again with the same stripes and color paint scheme as the old 1969 ZL-1!
Old 05-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Paul Scarpelli
Race Director

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

In order to keep the Corvette on the performance edge and not be a gas guzzler, it needs to be lighter in weight. I'd like to see the aluminum frame from the Z06 used, either in the standard C7 or in a lightweight version. Maybe use more carbon panels, now that carbon is cheaper (I have a garage full of the stuff.) Seats and wheels can definitely weigh less. Maintain the .5:1 6th gear, and add it to the Z51 option. Incorproate displacement on demand, even if it's locked out while in 6th gear to avoid "lugging." The C7 could easily get 35-40 mpg, highway. Let the Hemi Chargers and Challengers be the 13/18 mpg pigs.

A launch mode would be welcomed. And for the love of sweet Jesus, FINALLY do something about the lousy 2-3 shift on the ancient T-56 transmission. It's harder to hit that shift than in a manual trans Ferrari with that clumsy H shift pattern.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:23 PM
glass slipper
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by m48xhp
DOHC Dual VVT engine.
maybe 5.7-6.0L.
DoD, Direct Injection.
Better sequential auto.
Some way to get 25city/35hwy mileage.
450ish HP.
GM had a 5.7L DOHC VVT engine with 475-500 HP under develpment in 1991 for use in the '95 ZR1. It would have approached 35 MPG but they pulled the plug on it in favor of the LS1.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:26 PM
glass slipper
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by korvetkeith
Besides the variable LSA cam (which is already in the new viper cam-in-block), and the GDI which is on the denali XT concept with pushrods. Those are all things that have already been on corvettes or will be when the ZR1 comes out. No giant leap of the imagination or budget.
You can't have a variable LSA with a single cam. You can only vary the ICL/ECL or put another way, you can only advance/retard the cam.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:59 AM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

I would live a wider variety of engines. Bring back a high revving small block. Short stroke the LS7 and let that puppy rev to 8k. Give a base model engine, a mid level, a top level, and a special order. There is just somthing about a small block that reves to the roof. Bring back a few of the old names.

Have the Z06 with the high rev small block as a road racer car (450hp but reves out of this world). Then throw in the more tame engine with a plush ride for the softies(LS3 is perfect). Have an L88 option as the NA engine with 550hp, then the ZR1 with 700 (yes I bumped it up...lol).

Personally I would love to see a stripped down vet. No power seats, no power windows, no AC (dealer installed option), no radio(dealer option), a fixed roof, 6-speed only, non adjustable suspension (stiff as a d!#& on prom evening stiff!) and black wheels. No heads up display, no navigation, no leather, no electric door locks.........

Would love to see a C2/C3 combination like someone mentioned.

Last edited by TLS_Addict; 05-06-2008 at 01:00 AM. Reason: forgot something!
Old 05-06-2008, 04:19 PM
wishihad1-2
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by glass slipper
You can't have a variable LSA with a single cam. You can only vary the ICL/ECL or put another way, you can only advance/retard the cam.
Though GM doesn't yet have it, it can be done. The newest version of the Viper has a very fancy cam that allows the intake and exhaust lobes to be move relative to one another.
http://www.sae.org/automag/technewsl...ertrain/04.htm

It would be really cool to see GM do something similar.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:31 PM
glass slipper
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by wishihad1-2
Though GM doesn't yet have it, it can be done. The newest version of the Viper has a very fancy cam that allows the intake and exhaust lobes to be move relative to one another.
http://www.sae.org/automag/technewsl...ertrain/04.htm

It would be really cool to see GM do something similar.
Good find!
I agree, it would be great to see GM incorporate this into all of their pushrod motors.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:25 PM
clockworks
Pro

* 3000 lbs
* DI (direct injection)
* VVT (variable valve timing)
* DOD (displacement on demand)
* 7 speed, dual clutch, paddle shifter transmission
* traditional manual option
* 25/35 mpg
* computer aided launch (to compete with GT-R in straight line)
* computer aided track mode that's better than the current "competition mode" (again to compete with the GT-R)
* bluetooth
* stop the god damn squeaking/creaking inside the cabin
* better center console materials
* meaner looking, no more smiley face
* $48k

** A lot of those were borrowed from previous posters.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Paul Scarpelli
Race Director

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by clockworks
* 3000 lbs
* DI (direct injection)
* VVT (variable valve timing)
* DOD (displacement on demand)
* 7 speed, dual clutch, paddle shifter transmission
* traditional manual option
* 25/35 mpg
* computer aided launch (to compete with GT-R in straight line)
* computer aided track mode that's better than the current "competition mode" (again to compete with the GT-R)
* bluetooth
* stop the god damn squeaking/creaking inside the cabin
* better center console materials
* meaner looking, no more smiley face
* $48k

** A lot of those were borrowed from previous posters.
That is a great summary. When can I order one?
Old 05-16-2008, 12:06 PM
OnionCrk
Instructor

Standard Coupe & Convertible Models
Z06 Model
ZR1 Mid-Engine Model homologated for Le Mans EVO Class

Standard & Z06 models should have new revolutionary, exciting styling with exposed headlights, expressive wheels, etc. ZR1 styling would be optimized for racing.

Standard models should reduce weight to 2900 lbs or less with 5.0L (327CI) 350+HP engine capable of 35 mpg highway with 6-Speed Manual Transmission. Offer Sport Touring package in Coupe that would eliminate HUD, NAV, 6 Disc Radio, Ash Tray, Cup Holders, etc. Allow for more individual options outside the 1LT, 2LT, 3LT, 4LT option packages.

Improve build quality as needed. Use leading edge technology, composites, etc. that is cost effective, keeping prices at C6 levels.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:20 AM
Showdown
Pro

Originally Posted by SorcererXIII
I'm superficial. I want a redesigned exterior with exaggerated curves like in the late 60's early 70's stingrays.
, But, add the wide body and LED tail lights.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:24 AM
REVHIGH
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I really want a silver split window corvette with a black interior

Quick Reply: What do you want in a C7?