Sponsored by:

To anyone doing a C7 design

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 07:02 PM
GN1270
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default To anyone doing a C7 design

Can someone do a design that does not have 30" rear wheels? Wheels can be a huge factor in how any car looks (usually the bigger the better looking) buy GM is not putting 25-30" wheels on the Vette.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:04 AM
VetteSpeed-427
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you look at a real C6 the wheels seem to have a good size, when you look at a pure profile photo of a C6 the wheels look too small. Giving a 3D render on a 2D support is not easy and often designers cheat on wheel size and global proportions to add a dynamic dimension to their design. When you go further towards 3D modelling where everything is up to scale the car looks really bad on a computer screen or paper. When you build that same car for real it looks fantastic. I can design a C7 with all dimensions to scale (industrial design) but the average person that will look at the design will find it awful … only professionals in the automotive industry can have a clear mental image of what the car would like for real.

I hope this helps you understand why all designers in an early stage design draw bigger wheels than real.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:19 AM
VetteSpeed-427
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you look at this example of a C6 that I restyled the wheels don’t look too big on a screen but to scale they are already 22" … if GM build’s the same car an puts 20" wheels stock they would probably look bigger when you look at the car for real than on my design.

[/IMG]

Get notified of new replies

To To anyone doing a C7 design

Quick Reply: To anyone doing a C7 design