C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Possible viewing of C7 or C7 Concept from GM!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 12:03 PM
LostAngel
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sweet...is that an orange corvette you can see through the trailers door?
Old 06-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Steege
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes!!!

I was just joking a couple weeks ago on another forum about the possibility of having a Vette-Bot in Transformers 2. I totally called it. :P
Old 06-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Process Black
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LostAngel
Sweet...is that an orange corvette you can see through the trailers door?
It's the revised version of the bumblebee camaro which has been a stablemate to the mystery car.

http://www.transformerslive.blogspot.com/

Also, the transformer "Stinger" has been rumored to be a Corvette for a few weeks now, though up until those photos, it was rumored that he would be a ZR1.

Last edited by Process Black; 06-12-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:04 PM
vette-oholic
Melting Slicks

theres a resemblence, but if u close closely at the front and rear of the "c7", you can tell its not the same concept

Originally Posted by RobBob
Cadillac Cien concept?

Old 06-12-2008, 06:15 PM
RobBob
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In VI Veteran

Originally Posted by vette-oholic
theres a resemblence, but if u close closely at the front and rear of the "c7", you can tell its not the same concept
yeah, having looked at it more, I agree.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:13 AM
khaggins
Advanced

Yes, I is a Vett!!!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 07:29 AM
LostAngel
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I want clearer pictures! I'm sure this car isn't in just one scene of the movie, so maybe there will be more pictures released soon!
Old 06-13-2008, 10:00 AM
shannanl
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sure looks similar to a Corvette.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:01 AM
ThomasKolker
Intermediate

I doubt quite seriously that that is anything but a concept. If they try to make the corvette like the Solstice, they will destroy it. I own a ZO6 and a LS1 convertable ZO6 reworked. If they ever want me to buy another, the only thing they can do for a real upgrade, is a tublar chasis and a mid engine. For my money if the pull that crap, my next vett will be a Rossion.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:34 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

C6. Look at the body lines on the rear and compare to this picture of my car... The bulge that protrudes forward into the door is dead similar. The silver spy photo car just has a chopped top and slim mirrors.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:10 PM
FirstVette15
Advanced

that is without a doubt a corvette concept. Look at the low front end, gradually widening rear fenders, bulging front fenders and monster rear wheels that are larger then the fronts. Typical concept but with all the earmarks of a corvette. Way too low a car to be anything else esp. if this is a GM vehicle.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:04 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Tech Contributor

It's a C6 with wheels and a chopped top. Just compare the body lines to a C6... they match. The character line along the door, the front and rear bulges that protrude into the door... it's all the same.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:07 PM
vette-oholic
Melting Slicks

wow, it's amazing how you can think that's a c6... of course it resembles it, jsut as a c6 resembles a c5, but Im not sure how you can think it's the same car...

there are several parts of the body that have similar shapes, but if u look at the parts i circled, it's easy to see that the body is indeed different. the lines are much more exagerrated than on a c6. A c6 body would not fit that HUGE tire. also, it's not 100% clear from the picture (since the quality sucks) but it looks like the rear fascia of the car is much more rounded than a c5 or c6 - more along the lines of a c1, which shouldnt be surprising since it's been rumored that the c7 will incorporate some "retro accenting"

if you really cant see this than you're in denial - im not sure why you dont wanna believe that this is a very early c7 prototype, but whatever.

Originally Posted by SteckDW
It's a C6 with wheels and a chopped top. Just compare the body lines to a C6... they match. The character line along the door, the front and rear bulges that protrude into the door... it's all the same.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:44 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Tech Contributor

The parts you circled are easily identifiable on my car, and if you can't see them, then you are the one in denial. It's pretty easy to fit a huge wheel under there... plenty of people have already tucked 22s into that wheel well with no issue.

I don't believe it's a C7 because I worked in the auto industry for Chrysler, and I know how soon prototype vehicles are even made into a rolling chassis vehicle with body panels. I have quite a bit more insight and information on how the industry works than most people here.

I circled the similar parts, just so it's blatantly obvious for you. I don't need to circle the character line that runs the length of the door because it's brutally obvious from my signature picture.

Also, the C6 does not resemble the C5 beyond the tail light structure and rough body lines. They're both Corvettes... but easily identifiable to either body style.

GM wouldn't have a body available for a redesign of a current product four years ahead of time. The Camaro had concepts available early because the product line was shut down, and they didn't have to worry about selling off remaining Camaros... instead, they wanted to generate as much buzz as possible before re-introducing a product line. However, there are still C6s to be built and sold. GM wouldn't be stupid enough to reveal what the C7 would look like with 3-4 years left of production vehicles to sell.

Last edited by DSteck; 06-17-2008 at 12:56 AM.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:27 AM
vette-oholic
Melting Slicks

again, the parts on your car are much more exaagerated. The shape of the 2 rear fenders are really not even close. My guess is that you are misunderstanding and thinking that we are saying it is THE c7? Of course, this is not the final version - it's a CONCEPT, prototype, etc

If you dont think that GM has a C7 team and a prototype right now, then you dont understand the history of corvettes and I understand why you no longer work in the industry. jk

but all kidding aside, why is that you're the only one that believes it's a c6 body? not to say that we can't all be wrong, but not likely.

just look again very carefully at the rear fenders of the two and if you still believe they are the same mold, then I will let this go as I can not convince you.

The parts you circled are easily identifiable on my car, and if you can't see them, then you are the one in denial. It's pretty easy to fit a huge wheel under there... plenty of people have already tucked 22s into that wheel well with no issue.

I don't believe it's a C7 because I worked in the auto industry for Chrysler, and I know how soon prototype vehicles are even made into a rolling chassis vehicle with body panels. I have quite a bit more insight and information on how the industry works than most people here.

I circled the similar parts, just so it's blatantly obvious for you. I don't need to circle the character line that runs the length of the door because it's brutally obvious from my signature picture.

Also, the C6 does not resemble the C5 beyond the tail light structure and rough body lines. They're both Corvettes... but easily identifiable to either body style.

GM wouldn't have a body available for a redesign of a current product four years ahead of time. The Camaro had concepts available early because the product line was shut down, and they didn't have to worry about selling off remaining Camaros... instead, they wanted to generate as much buzz as possible before re-introducing a product line. However, there are still C6s to be built and sold. GM wouldn't be stupid enough to reveal what the C7 would look like with 3-4 years left of production vehicles to sell.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:31 AM
M_C7
Burning Brakes

and to add to that, the movie isnt supposed to come out until summer next year. so if it was a big unveil then next year would only put it 2 years away from a proposed C7 debut so a concept/prototype that far out makes perfect sense.

Last edited by M_C7; 06-17-2008 at 03:39 AM.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:51 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Tech Contributor

My God, you are so naive. By the way, don't insult my job, because that's just plain ignorant. I left by my own choice for higher paying pastures.

The picture is seemingly exagerated because it's blurred and out of focus. The rear fender looks different to you because the picture was taken at a lower angle than the photos of my car. I could go manipulate the camera angle on my car and make it look exactly the same.

It's not about understanding Corvettes, it's about understanding a company trying to make a profit and why they do things the way they do. Have you guys ever worked on a prototype/pilot vehicle? I have. Do you work for GM? Do you work in vehicle engineering for any company? But wait, I forgot... Random people know the car industry better than the employees of the big three. I'm the one that thinks it's a C6 because I have the experience and knowledge of vehicle development, and know that GM wouldn't be that blatantly stupid to kill the remaining appeal for the C6 platform. Two years is a HUGE lead time to unveil a redesign on an existing platform. The new 2009 Dodge Ram wasn't unveiled to the public until the first quarter of 2008.

I will put up a standing bet for $1000 that it's a C6 if it's a Corvette.

Get notified of new replies

To First Possible viewing of C7 or C7 Concept from GM!!!

Old 06-17-2008, 08:14 AM
Process Black
Drifting

Update from Friday's shoot in Philly:

"[A security guard] went on to tell us about a chase scene that was filmed the previous Friday right on East River Drive. He didn't know the names of the cars but by his description it was Ironhide, Bumblebee, and Prime in pursuit of some silver car. He said this silver car is nothing like what's out there now and didn't even know the make on it. He said it's really slick & looks way cool. But he said the chase scene is way cool especially for people who live in the city here. He said there's 3 wks left of filming in Philadelphia."

Taking into consideration that the security guard may not be an auto buff, the silver car he saw could be our vette or the Saab Areo-X.

Current vehicle list:
Transformers Cast - Alt Mode:
Autobots
Optimus Prime - blue, dark red Peterbilt 379EX
Bumblebee - yellow 2009 Chevy Camaro
Ratchet - lime yellow 2008 Hummer H2
Ironhide - black 2007 GMC Topkick C4500
Arcee - pink, purple, blue custom bike from RetroSBK
The Twins - green Ice Cream Truck unknown type (alt mode unconfirmed)
Stinger - Chevy Corvette (alt mode unconfirmed)
Wheels - blue Toy Size RC Jeep (alt mode unconfirmed)
Wheeljack - white 2009 Saab Aero-X (rumor)
unknown - green 2009 Chevy Beat (rumor)

Decepticons
Starscream - gray F-22 Raptor
Scorponok - metallic scorpion
Barricade - black 2008 Saleen S281 Extreme Mustang
unknown - dark gray Audi R8 (rumor)
Constructicon - Earth Mover unknown type (rumor)
Jetfire - black SR-71 Blackbird
Soundwave - alt mode unknown
The Fallen - unknown (rumor)

Last edited by Process Black; 06-17-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:17 PM
vette-oholic
Melting Slicks

I didnt insult your job.

jk = just kidding and I put a wink face. I was trying to keep the conversation friendly.
And if the movie comes out on time, summer 2009 and the c7 comes out in summer 2010 (2011 model year) it will be just 1 year after the public sees it... which is right on point.

My God, you are so naive. By the way, don't insult my job, because that's just plain ignorant. I left by my own choice for higher paying pastures.

Two years is a HUGE lead time to unveil a redesign on an existing platform. The new 2009 Dodge Ram wasn't unveiled to the public until the first quarter of 2008.

I will put up a standing bet for $1000 that it's a C6 if it's a Corvette.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:55 AM
TESTOSTERONE C6-R
Burning Brakes

Actually looks like this concept drawing!

Quick Reply: First Possible viewing of C7 or C7 Concept from GM!!!