C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A brand new *idea* on how to melf C5 and C6 headlights...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 05:10 AM
Saleen
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A brand new *idea* on how to melf C5 and C6 headlights...

Has anyone heard the myth that drinking an orange soda before sleep leads to whacky dreams? I think im a believer...

A few moments ago i woke up from a dream, not because it was some sort of nightmare, because i saw the most amazing futuristic corvette...literally of my dreams! I cant really remember the entire car, because dreams have a hard time letting you remember what you want too. But what i do remember was the headlights.

Instead of having the head lights roll up like they do in the C5, causing drag. The headlights in my dream C7 would have an eyelid. There would be a thin piece of body pannel what would slide into the body exposing a smooth body headlight (just like the current C6) when the lights are turned on. And a hidden headlight pannel when turned off (just like the C5 w/ lights turned off).

What i want to know from you, is should i chug a couple more orange sodas tomorrow night before i sleep.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:21 AM
myquickZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That happens to me too, when I eat hot peppers before bedtime. Tonight, I'll wash the peppers down with an orange soda. Any special brand of soda?
Old 08-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,375 Likes on 2,066 Posts

Originally Posted by Saleen
Instead of having the head lights roll up like they do in the C5, causing drag. The headlights in my dream C7 would have an eyelid. There would be a thin piece of body pannel what would slide into the body exposing a smooth body headlight (just like the current C6) when the lights are turned on. And a hidden headlight pannel when turned off (just like the C5 w/ lights turned off).

This "new" design idea was used on a Hot Wheel called the "Peepin' Bomb" in about 1970.

It may have been used on an actual concept car before that.

IIRC, a number of earlier cars used flip up covers before that. Not exactly the same , but similar. They work because of verticle frontend designs in use at the time. I think the Camaro RS of about 1968-69 had a flip up cover, the bulb never moved.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Saleen
Advanced

Originally Posted by myquickZ06
That happens to me too, when I eat hot peppers before bedtime. Tonight, I'll wash the peppers down with an orange soda. Any special brand of soda?
Crush is what did it for me me, ill give the hot pepppers a try though
Old 08-16-2008, 12:05 AM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

The old Opel GT - mini sharks - had flip over headlamps that were mechanically operated via lever in the cockpit. simple, cheap and it always worked. No added motor weight, no gears to strip ... Not high tech, but the bang for the buck feature is pure.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:25 AM
robvuk
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer X
IIRC, a number of earlier cars used flip up covers before that. Not exactly the same , but similar. They work because of verticle frontend designs in use at the time. I think the Camaro RS of about 1968-69 had a flip up cover, the bulb never moved.
1965 Buick Riviera.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:01 PM
ST Graveyard
Instructor

Or the new BMW GINA study model ...

The headlights are like eyes :-)

http://www.37signals.com/svn/posts/1...l-design-study
Old 08-16-2008, 08:35 PM
UM Rebel
Drifting

Received 154 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller
The old Opel GT - mini sharks - had flip over headlamps that were mechanically operated via lever in the cockpit. simple, cheap and it always worked. No added motor weight, no gears to strip ... Not high tech, but the bang for the buck feature is pure.
Back in the day, I had an Opel GT. Cool, fast and, you're right, headlights never failed ... although looked a little froglike with the lights on.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:22 PM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I believe the original Jag XJ220 has this type of headlight. it's a cool idea but takes up a lot of space.

Get notified of new replies

To A brand new *idea* on how to melf C5 and C6 headlights...

Quick Reply: A brand new *idea* on how to melf C5 and C6 headlights...