Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will the 2012 corvette be a downgrade?

Old 01-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Gearhead Jim
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '13

Did the article suggest that either of those wil be coming soon to the base Corvette, or just for GM cars in general?
Old 01-11-2009, 03:45 AM
El Puto
CF Senior Member

Fascinating reading. My simplistic comment is there ain't nuthin' like a big V8. While the turbo 6s are surely quick, the low end tq of the LS motors make them such a pleasure to drive.

Hell, even Mercedes realizes this by copying America's formula when then dumped that 5.5l SC'd V8 for the 6.3. Listen to a SL 63 - it sounds like an American hot rod
Old 01-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Bigcountry7
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by jonnydanger View Post
Is the 35 average for the entire fleet or per car?

If the Volt will get like 80 MPG( I am guessing), then the corvette could keep its current MPG rating or perhaps they could make it a little lighter with the same engine. Just so long as the fleet is averaging the 35 MPG.

I am not sure who comes up with these crazy rules. The market is suppose to determine what will get built not arbitrary rules.
I agree with you but that is what congress came up with and the president signed into law.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:06 PM
royalcasa
CF Senior Member

For what it's worth, Last week J.Leno was on CNBC, and made a coment regarding the next generation CORVETTE. It will have less HP. and that it will be lighter. Performance will be similar to C6 because the weigth reduction.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Gearhead Jim
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '13

Reduced weight is intrinsically good, and reduced exterior size is nice also. One of the big factors causing me to trade the C5 for a C6 was the smaller exterior of the new car.
But, we use our car for long road trips and we need interior space, especially in the trunk. Anything sized like a Sky or a Miata will not be getting my money.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Will the 2012 corvette be a downgrade?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: