Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Future of Corvette

Old 12-02-2008, 06:42 PM
aris
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by lt4obsesses View Post
GM is not going to drop the Vette.

On the political rant, The American economy is fueled by sales, not tax credits and bailouts. If they want to boost the economy, forget the Wallstreet welfare program and give the 900 kagillion dollars to us so we can pay the mortgages and buy stuff. JMHO

i agree with most of your main point there, but i think there may be a subtle point that needs to be addressed; a very large amount of jobs are tied up in GM. if GM was to go under, there would not be any easy way for all those jobless people to find work in other places. if you want to keep getting people to spend money, you'll need a source of income.
i think the ideal scenario would be for GM to be bought out by another large automaker, and for them to cut down a bunch of their vehicle lines, like GMC, Pontiac, Buick, and Saab.

anywho, as far as the C7: i hope they build one! america needs a flagship car!
Old 12-03-2008, 12:06 PM
LS WON
CF Senior Member

I heard it might be a 6 cyclinder engine.

Last edited by LS WON; 12-04-2008 at 02:11 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:44 AM
TNX ZORA
CF Senior Member

While people were at the ball game foreigners have been allowed to buy up much of this country already. There's no reason to believe there aren't more of them who would jump at the chance to ****** up a much revered moniker like Corvette. Now go back to sleep. Everything is under control.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:28 PM
ajrubincpa
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by TCW View Post
If dumping the Corvette line would save UAW workers pensions, I say quit building them right now.

Tom
Forget UAW workers pensions. Let these employees learn how to save money without relying on GM, like the rest of Americans have to do. I'd rather have the Corvette.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:59 PM
radarmagnet

I agree with ajrubincpa. And, let's not forget that part of GM's problem is GMAC, they should stick to making cars.
Bottom line, I want to hold onto my C5, just in case.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:03 PM
radarmagnet

Personally, I think it's time for a new design. And engine options like it used to be in the 60's. All V8's , but of different sizes and output. That way, we can still opt for a little economy along with our performance.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:33 PM
LS WON
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by radarmagnet View Post
Personally, I think it's time for a new design. And engine options like it used to be in the 60's. All V8's , but of different sizes and output. That way, we can still opt for a little economy along with our performance.

Better yet let us order the Corvette like we would want it without all the electronics, power windows, locks just with a engine in there like in the early 60's with lots of room under that hood and excellent accessibility.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:49 PM
TEP061
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by LS WON View Post

Better yet let us order the Corvette like we would want it without all the electronics, power windows, locks just with a engine in there like in the early 60's with lots of room under that hood and excellent accessibility.
We went to the moon in the 60's and havent been able to go since. Do you know why? Reverse engineering.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:53 PM
LS WON
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by TEP061 View Post
We went to the moon in the 60's and havent been able to go since. Do you know why? Reverse engineering.
Who needs the moon when you can have the universe.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:11 PM
BLZNSDL
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by radarmagnet View Post
If you want a little economy -buy used and support the resale price.

Degrading the Corvette image helps no one. Preservation is key.

Corvette survived on its exclusivity and built the legend on it.

Your idea is something that chrysler would think to do.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:43 PM
34RedRage
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by blznsdl View Post
If you want a little economy -buy used and support the resale price.

Your idea is something that chrysler would think to do.

or ford with the remake of the thunderbird!!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 03:51 AM
irun4cops
CF Senior Member

even if gm went under tomorrow, the corvette name would have no problems being bought shortly after. Think about it... if gm closes the doors on vette, and goes bankrupt, and you write a letter to GM and say... i want to purchase the corvette name for 10,000 dollars.... why would they say no?? The reality is... you and about 500 other people will be writing the same letter, and the highest bidder will win obviously... and the corvette would continue. In all honesty, if corvette changed hands from GM to some new private company, it wouldnt be a bad thing... kind of like an NFL team that gets a new haed coach... you take all that you knew before, and some new leader comes along and adds more to the pie.

GM does a great job with the vette. If GM starts budget cutting and skimping out on dong great research for the next vette (which i doubt they will skimp on) but if they do... id hope they sell the vette name off to another company before they take it down the tubes. I love vette, always been the best bang for the buck when it comes to going fast.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:35 PM
rbeshore
CF Member

Default come on now

[QUOTE=TCW;1567850259]If dumping the Corvette line would save UAW workers pensions, I say quit building them right now.

Tom[/QUOTE You have no grasp of the problem--sorry

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Future of Corvette

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: